Fort Dickerson Quarry Trail

Fort Dickerson Quarry Trail is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Knoxville, Tennessee that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

NOT a great place to go if you have kids, or do not want to be around copious amounts of drugs and alcohol.

Took our dog with us for a walk, and almost instantly realized how much better our local parks are for this.

If you are into drugs, underage drinking, and young trashy girls in skimpy bikinis; then this is the place for you.

Trail itself pretty easy and isn’t bad at all. However, people who visit don’t have enough respect to clean up after their self. Trash all over the place.

Big disappointment because it has so much potential. It’s neat to have a nice hiking trails so close to downtown and the quarry views are fantastic. Recently the city invested a lot of money in sprucing up the main parks over look and the old fort Dickerson Civil War fort. But it’s odd that this trail doesn’t connect to the park. At least not officially. There are some unofficial trails that do connect to the park and there’s a lot of potential if they were well-kept. But, unfortunately, they are trashy and you pass by more than one homeless camp along the way. The city really needs to invest in making a complete loop around the quarry and back to the park while cleaning up and policing the park a little better. If they do that, I would give this five stars.

Not much of a trail, good if you’re looking for an extremely easy short walk.
But the quarry is beautiful

This is a beautiful hike! I loved the views. I wish there were better trail markings and information. It took a while just to figure out where the trail was located.

fun trail with an area for my dog to swim

A nice little city hike. Several nice overlooks too. It would be nice if the city would go in and dispose of the litter and leftovers from campsites of yester-years. I would definitely do it again though, and bring my swimming trunks!

rock climbing

There's a parking lot where you first enter. If you keep driving down the dirt road it takes you to a second (closer) parking lot. It's a stone's throw to the quarry. Not a hike at all. But the quarry is gorgeous! Beautiful, clear water. Trees. Large rocks to sit on. Perfect venue for a picnic.

I went on a busy day. Lots of ppl so maybe that's why I felt totally safe. People were friendly. Everyone had a huge inflatable rubber duckie or blow up floaty of some kind. The quarry water is warm with sudden VERY DEEP drop offs. Be very careful. Ppl giving zero cares were rock climbing up the sides of the quarry then jumping in the water.

They had trash and recycling cans out (thank you for recycling!). That may have cut down on the litter others complained about. I didn't see any litter on my trip. Clean & beautiful.

Friday, June 16, 2017

Overall nice little trail/lake with the main path from the parking area leading to some lake access points. Walked around the loop trail with my dog which provided some enjoyable elevation/views of the lake with occasional side trails leading to mainly trashed campsites. The more secluded the trail, the sketchier the surroundings get. Was totally fine for a duder and his dog at 2 in afternoon but probably wouldn't recommend for solo explorers or at night.

Friday, June 09, 2017

Nice track with great views!

Monday, May 29, 2017

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

We were traveling through Knoxville and needed to get out and stretch our legs for a bit. This was a great walk down to the quarry.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Loved the walk. Not a hard trail. Had some beautiful views. I would definitely go back.

Thursday, March 09, 2017

Great for kids. A little sketchy. I would hesitate to have my wife go alone or with kids. Good outing and great view.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

The trails are great for walking or hiking. The quarry is amazing. The day I went no one else was there, so it made the day even better. My only complaint would be the trash left throughout the trails by homeless people that seem to live within the woods and the trash left by irresponsible people partying near the quarry. The city should definitely invest some funds into doing something about the problem.

Saturday, January 21, 2017

This is a short easy hike or ride for all skill levels gravel all the way, be cautious with children as there is high cliffs that they could fall off !!! There is some side trails I have yet to explore?