Fiery Gizzard Trail to Raven's Point

Fiery Gizzard Trail to Raven's Point is a 9.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Tracy City, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, rock climbing, camping, and backpacking and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

cave

old growth

This is a very difficult trail - be prepared and bring plenty of water. Although dogs are allowed to use this trail, users have reported that the rock scrambling can be quite difficult for them. Hikers can view spectacular rock formations, cascading streams, waterfalls, rocky gorges, panoramic overlooks and lush woodlands.

Great trail to day hike. About 5 hours return, up the Fiery Gizzard and down the Dog Hole. Lots of rock scrambling which made it fun and a good steep climb out of the gulch (but it’s not too long a climb). Beautiful scenery walking alongside the stream. Nice views from Ravens Point. Interesting how much the temp changes from down by the stream to up on the ridge. Loved it.

The bolder field with test you. Best to wear boots. The climb out of the gulf is steep. Be ready.
I love this trail and the complete Fiery Gizzard Gulf.
Pack water.
The view from Ravins Point is something you will remember!
Don't forget to stop by Warner's Overlook on the Dog Hole Trail.
Thi is part of the top 25 trails in the US and it's easy to see why. If you agree please donate to the parks to help keep it alive. And pick up any trash you find. I did find some to carry back myself.
I will be back!

this trail is TOUGH. My dad and I went hiked the Gizzard trail up to the point where you can go back down the Dog Hole trail. 75% of the trail going up is straight rocks so be sure to wear shoes with A LOT of ankle support because every 30 seconds your ankles are going to be tested by nature. It is a very challenging, long hike so if you plan to make the whole loop so just prepare yourself. The trail itself is beautiful but because of how difficult it was, i’m not sure if i’d ever do it again. It took us 7 hours to make the whole thing and we only stopped 2 or 3 times to rest. Also, having a walking stick is big help going up those rocks. We just cut our own sticks from inside the woods so don’t waste your money buying one. Good luck!!

We went Labor Day weekend 2018 and just did the short loop with all the smaller falls... we took kids ages 6-10 and they had a great time jumping in the water and hiking. Safety first: my husband got in the water first and made sure what the depth was before the kids jumped!
Beautiful trail! So peaceful and was fun for the kids as well! We just did a shorter loop 4miles or so...

Awesome...We know why it is one of the USAs top hikes

Most scenic and peaceful trail I've ever hiked.

This was a beautiful hike I took with my 16 year old son and 50 lb dog. We went in the morning so we could finish the trail well before sunset, so started about 9 am. I am so happy I consulted all trails before going, because some other reviewers mentioned that they didn’t bring enough water. I took 108 oz split between our backpacks, and we drank it all. Other reviews mention a section which has large jagged rocks, and that it would be easy to twist an ankle on those. I second that. Hiking boots strongly encouraged.

Our hike was last year, and I can’t wait to hit this trail again in the fall.

very cool and gorgeous trail. very difficult at times. Definitely a quad and glute workout with all the steps. waterfalls are amazing

Great trail but it's closed past Sycamore Falls which was only around 2 miles in. Looking forward to going back after the gas line has been repaired.

Most of the trail is meh, the falls are great. Be sure to keep going back until you see the large drop off that’s impassable.

Actually backpacked this last summer. We brought our dog and I would recommend staying on the top of the ridge to ravens point if you’re hiking from sycamore falls. Hiking into the valley is quite treacherous with all the boulders, especially for a dog.

Great trail, but difficult for older and beginners. Enjoyed it!!!

Fiery Gizzard trail from Sycamore Falls to Ravens Point closed till August 1st.

Very worthwhile trail. Loved the challenge!

Beautiful trail! But the lower fiery gizzard trail and dog head loop are closed. They believe until June 1st. So all you can do is the Grundy day loop. Loved it beautiful. But just a 2-3 mile easy hike to sycamore falls

I loved everything about this trail, as soon as I got there I could hear the water flowing. The whole trail was beautiful & there was a view of the water every step of the way. There is a part where it gets kinda rocky but it’s not too bad. I’m definitely going back and walking the longer trail before summer is over!

**UNTIL AUG 1: The sections past Sycamore Falls are closed for pipeline maintenance. (Per the signage out there)

The part of the Fiery Gizzard to Sycamore Falls is lush, beautiful and cool with a lot of Hemlocks throughout.

Such an amazing and beautiful trail! It really does have everything if you can tough out the 10 miles. It does get somewhat technical at points, so I think the "hard" rating is appropriate. Give yourself about 6 hours to complete it if you can keep a pretty good pace.

Amazing trail! Challenging, but so beautiful!! One of the best hikes I've been on so far!

I’m not sure why this site has the trail at 9.1 miles. This is the 2nd time I have completed the trail and I get right at 10 miles each time. Once again, the trail was amazing. Late March, started in the morning at about 45 degrees and the temp never got above 55 degrees. It was perfect hiking weather, but really chilly at Raven’s Point. We did the trail counter-clockwise and went through the Gizzard first. It’s tough to enjoy Raven’s Point when you’re pretty exhausted. Next time I’ll try this trail starting with Dog Hole first and finishing in the Gizzard. Didn’t need as much water with cooler temps, but if you have a small Helinox chair, I would recommend bringing it. I’m going to pick up a couple for the next trip. It would be amazing to be able to sit next to the creek for a while and enjoy the peace and quiet for a while. Can’t wait to do it again!

Had an amazing hike there, one of the most challenging I've been on in a long time... well marked trail...

Super fun and worth the hike. Very rocky. So many sites to see and many small waterfalls. The views from ravens point is worth the extra mile.

This is it for trails, has everything!!! An awesome, amazing place. One of my favorites!

Gorgeous place!

This was an excellent hike. Amazing views and plenty of places to relax. Ravens point is a view worth the hike. Take lots of water!

Outstanding! Make sure you start early and plan your whole day around it. So much to see. You’ll want to stop and take it all in. Maybe consider camping overnight to break it up. It’s a hike! But a great one!

One of my top three trails.

One of my favorites! Gorgeous and a nice day hike. It's incredible all 4 seasons. It's somewhat rugged for beginners but there is a shorter hike that leads into this one, it also goes on to a 13 mile hike if you want a little more.

This loop has a lot of great views. Get out there early so you can take your time to soak it all in.

a favorite, especially like checking out sycamore falls in winter