Falls Creek Falls and Cane Creek Falls

Falls Creek Falls and Cane Creek Falls is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Spencer, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, birding, and fishing and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Diverse well marked and worn Plateau trail.

Incredible views

Love this park! So many great hikes and beautiful views! There are tons of other activities for everyone in the family to enjoy like a ropes course, golf, horseback riding, tennis courts, and kayaking.

This is one of my favorite state parks in Tennessee, and the waterfalls rarely disappoint. I highly recommend

Truly magical ... these falls are not only breathtaking but also fun to swim in for the whole family

My favorite hike at this park! Easy to Moderate with some rock cliffs to get past, but most anyone and children can complete it. Wear shoes in the water at the base of the falls, sharp rocks are present.

I started my hike in the morning so I could enjoy some time swimming at the base of the waterfall (bring water shoes! Some rocks can be unforgiving). The trails are very well maintained and relatively easy. I was able to run up and down parts of the trail without any issues.

Did the Falls Creek Falls trail with my wife & kids (ages 7 & 5) without any problems. It's a great trail although it is a little rocky as you get up closer to the falls. The only disappointment for us was that there was not very much water in the falls themselves due to the lack of rain in the area. Other than that it was Awsome!

Love this place

Absolutely stunning. Every inch of trail is beautiful.

It was one of the best trails i have visited, the place was wonderful and the waterfalls were so beautiful to watch.

Gorgeous waterfall! I took my 86 year old mom to see!! It’s right by the parking lot!!

My wife and I loved this place, Cane Creek falls was gorgeous!!

Beautiful trail! Did it in the middle of the week in February and it was actually very trafficked. The falls was very pretty!

I’ve been hiking here since I was a child. Great day hike and plenty of other activities to do in the park.

Great hike! It is challenging, especially when you hike down to the bottom of the falls because the hike back up is a rough one. I love this state park and it holds so many different waterfalls so I would highly recommend that you try all of the falls out! Also, if you can get a chance to see these falls in the winter, I would highly recommend it!

Great, challenging trail well worth the hike.

Best trail at this great park! This trail provides awesome lookouts of Cane Creek Gorge, Cane Creek Falls, and of course Fall Creek Falls, and it really isn’t that long of a trail. I recommend doing this hike early in the morning and catching a sunrise at one of the overlooks!

Had a lot of fun in the park with the family. Looking forward to going back. ; )

A quick hike for two hiking fans who don’t hike often! I was a little nervous about the moderate rating, but it was definitely manageable! We went down to the gorge so there were a lot of downhill steps which was the hardest part for me as someone with bad knees. Beautiful sight to see the bottom of the gorge and the base of the waterfalls this winter with icicles all about!

Cool trail. Plan on doing the Cable Trail, Fall Creek Falls, and the swinging bridge at Piney Creek Falls on the same day. All short but amazing.

Beautiful.

I really enjoyed this hike. I do recommend wearing shoes/hiking boots with some grip and taking a camera! What beautiful scenery! The Falls were lovely!

Nice little trail, not to tiring but enough to know you hiked. Pretty much all age groups, just keep an eye on the younger kids around the gorge area.

Tough climb with doggies but we have mountain dogs. Probably wouldn't suggest it if your dog isn't a good climber

Nice trail, clean and we'll kept

Beautiful waterfall with lovely wooded trail, lots of neat rock walls and places to climb up. The falls themselves are particularly enticing after recent rainfall so try to plan your trip accordingly. Afraid of bridges? Be aware of the cable bridge carefully needed to cross the river.

Great spot to meditate when it isn't too crowded. The early bird gets the worm.

Stunning waterfalls! The bridge that crosses the creek made me weary, but once I was over it, the views made my anxiety about crossing the bridge worthwhile.

Friday, July 07, 2017

Took teenage kids hiking for the day. Had a great day. High water so some swimming was prohibited but family had a wonderful time.