Falling Water Falls Trail is a 0.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Signal Mountain, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.3 miles Elevation Gain: 98 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Please Note: Crossing the creek leads to private property and should not be accessed. There is regular hunting on the property and no trespassing signs.

Great view and easy hike but small parking lot! Plenty of trails through the woods though

Seemed a lot shorter then .4 miles. Beautiful area. Love that there isn't any fences keeping you from the edge of the cliff. Waterfall is difficult to see without leaning over the edge. Drive getting to it was very typical mountainous driving. Lots of hairpin curves!

Easy hike with an amazing reward at the end!

AVOID “W ROAD!” There are WARNING signs with length of vehicle limitations, but it’s no joke and there’s stone barriers that you will very easily jack your car up on if it’s too long or doesn’t turn crazy easily.

Great Cumberland escarpment views into the Chattanooga valleys below. Wish there were an easier way to view the bottom of the falls.

Beautiful easy trail to a great creek that has a nice waterfall and great views! You are at the top of the falls so you can’t see them. Cross the creek and go up the hilly trail and to the right there is a rock outcrop that gives you a better view. Be Careful! The trail seems to continue to another trail that can be seen on the All Trails map. Haven’t figured out how to get to the bottom of the falls since we had little kids with us, but that will be my next goal. I will update if I find a way.

Tuesday, June 05, 2018

go to the back entrance the .4 part... if you start by the main entrance it's a long rigorous terrain by the cliff. lots of little nooks to get lost in.

Tuesday, June 05, 2018

Short trail to the top of falls. The view around falls is beautiful. But unless you cross creek or hang out too close to edge you can NOT see the falls. We did not cross creek because we didn't see anything that look like a trail on the other side. Still pretty, but I like being able to see waterfalls so that is why I only gave 1 star.

Saturday, May 26, 2018

nice little hike back. fun outing with the kids. parking is tight but i’ll still come back.

scenic driving
Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Short, easy hike but amazing views ! Looks like there's some other trail options if you wanted to extend the time but we didn't explore.:

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Very very easy hike! Great view!

Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Amazing view and an easy hike. Absolutely loved it!

Monday, January 01, 2018

We wanted to take a quick hike with a nice view and stumbled across Falling Falls.. it ended up being the perfect choice for such a cold day. Beautiful scenery! Worth the trip. Beautiful drive up too!

Monday, December 11, 2017

easy trail beautiful view

Sunday, November 05, 2017

The road to get there is so bad plus I had to do it in thick fog

Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Really short hike to an amazing view : )

Monday, October 02, 2017

Easy hike. Nice trail. Good for kids. Beautiful views. Be careful. The falls are very steep.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Short hike, great view!

Monday, May 29, 2017

A very easy hike, but one that you need to be careful at. Many people have fallen off the edge and died. With that said, just be cautious and don't act stupid. Also, if you take your dogs, I would suggest tying them up away from the falls before getting close to the edge if that's your thing. Just to be on the safe side.

Monday, May 08, 2017

A nice hike and picnic for the whole family. Just be careful near the cliff's edge, of course!

Monday, April 03, 2017

Pretty place but no real way down to get a full view of the trail. Some locals told me the way down was vey steep and there are ropes at one point. I got lucky on the parking but others are right as there is only four spots.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

I attempted to go today, but the parking situation leaves something to be desired. There were already 4 cars in the parking area, plus one parked behind the others. That's all the room there was. I ended up giving up and going to nearby Mabbitt Spring.

Saturday, February 25, 2017

needs work but intermingling

Saturday, December 31, 2016

There was some nice water flowing and the trail to the overlook and the falls was easy. The road my gps took me on to get up Signal Mtn was rather trecherous. The W road. It had several hairpin curves. There were 2 lanes, one for the those going up and those coming down, but trying to take those curves only 1 car could get through at a time. Cars from the top waited for those coming up to go by before they went because there wasn't enough room and it was so steep it is hard to see other cars coming from either up or down. The parking lot only has 4 spots so it is also a very small space. The trail is to the right of the parking area. If you follow the trail to the right it will take you to the overlook and if you go to the left you will go to the falls. You can't see the falls because it goes over the cliff and the trail only goes to the top. There is no real trail down. I met some locals while I was there and they told me if you cross the creek and go ip there is a rock you can kind of see the falls from, but the trail sign said not to cross the creek because it was private property. I saw a footpath that looked like it was for people to climb down and see the falls, but it was so steep I'm not sure you are supposed to do it without rock climbing equiptment. Unless there is some way down that I missed I would not recommend this trail to anyone except the locals who want a quick area to walk their dog.

recorded Falling Water Falls Trail