Falling Water Falls Trail

Falling Water Falls Trail is a 0.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Forest Park, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Really short hike to an amazing view : )

Easy hike. Nice trail. Good for kids. Beautiful views. Be careful. The falls are very steep.

Short hike, great view!

A very easy hike, but one that you need to be careful at. Many people have fallen off the edge and died. With that said, just be cautious and don't act stupid. Also, if you take your dogs, I would suggest tying them up away from the falls before getting close to the edge if that's your thing. Just to be on the safe side.

A nice hike and picnic for the whole family. Just be careful near the cliff's edge, of course!

Pretty place but no real way down to get a full view of the trail. Some locals told me the way down was vey steep and there are ropes at one point. I got lucky on the parking but others are right as there is only four spots.

I attempted to go today, but the parking situation leaves something to be desired. There were already 4 cars in the parking area, plus one parked behind the others. That's all the room there was.

I ended up giving up and going to nearby Mabbitt Spring.

needs work but intermingling

There was some nice water flowing and the trail to the overlook and the falls was easy. The road my gps took me on to get up Signal Mtn was rather trecherous. The W road. It had several hairpin curves. There were 2 lanes, one for the those going up and those coming down, but trying to take those curves only 1 car could get through at a time. Cars from the top waited for those coming up to go by before they went because there wasn't enough room and it was so steep it is hard to see other cars coming from either up or down. The parking lot only has 4 spots so it is also a very small space. The trail is to the right of the parking area. If you follow the trail to the right it will take you to the overlook and if you go to the left you will go to the falls. You can't see the falls because it goes over the cliff and the trail only goes to the top. There is no real trail down. I met some locals while I was there and they told me if you cross the creek and go ip there is a rock you can kind of see the falls from, but the trail sign said not to cross the creek because it was private property. I saw a footpath that looked like it was for people to climb down and see the falls, but it was so steep I'm not sure you are supposed to do it without rock climbing equiptment. Unless there is some way down that I missed I would not recommend this trail to anyone except the locals who want a quick area to walk their dog.

Friday, April 08, 2016