Your session expired, please sign in again to continue.

Eureka Trail is a 8.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Athens, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 8.6 miles Elevation Gain: 301 feet Route Type: Out & Back

partially paved

rails trails

Does anyone know if trail was reopened today? 4/27/20. Trees fell blocking path between mile marker 1.1 and 1.2. Parks director said they’d be working today to clear it but to be aware more trees may fall because ground is so wet.

I gave it a 5 star for a walking, bike trail. its wide, flat and nice country side.

A very nice trail for walking, jogging, bike riding or horses. Wide trail used to be a railroad track, beautiful foliage and tree cover.

Great trail to ride a bike

recorded Eureka Trail

Nice exercise trail, plenty of parking on the Athens side. You will see walking, jogging, biking, dogs, and horses. This is an old rail trail with the little pebbly gravel chips that get into sandals and shoes, but fun nonetheless. Scenery mostly wooded on both sides with some creek views. About 4 miles one way, then you travel back the way you came.

Very nice trail, kind of long if you do the whole thing. Great challenge to build up your miles. My friend and I got some very nasty bug bites there so beware.

We didn’t get to complete the whole trail, but we really enjoyed what we did get to walk. I brought my two 13 and 3 year old sons, 7 year old daughter and my dog. We arrived around 6:30 in the evening and had almost complete shade every step of the way. The sun was warm and glowy. Wild flowers were gorgeous with lots of pretty photo opps. We saw Deer and the trail was smooth and easy for even my 3 year old to walk AND ride his tricycle. This is an excellent, easy going while still exciting trail for families with small children. We will be back to finish it up in the fall! My kids loved it.

Very easy. Nice and flat! This is more of a walk than hike!

Well maintained trail. Nice and flat so it’s easy for just about anyone. Not much for scenery but none the less it’s a nice hike or bike ride

Fri Mar 29 2019

Nice for a walk,bike ride or even a run. From end to end it’s Usually maintained well.

Tue Mar 26 2019

My wife and I really love biking this trail, especially since we are trying to pick up biking as a hobby. Everyone seems friendly on it an we come through like a small caravan on our bikes: myself on a bike, with my husky attached, and a bike trailer on the back of my bike with my daughter inside, followed by my wife, and we have plenty of room to maneuver around on the trail and pull off as we need to.

Wed Nov 14 2018

Beautiful especially in the fall. Nice leisurely hike also has mile markers which is nice! Great for horses, runners, bikers and walkers

Sun Jun 17 2018

Nice scenery decent workout great

Sat Jun 09 2018

Very nice trail and has several geocaches.

Sun Jun 03 2018

This was a great bike ride. Easy good trail. Well maintained. I had looked it up online and thought it was 8.8 one way but that is actually the total ride in and out. I was told they are working on it to make it longer. I would recommend a mt bike on this trail.

Tue May 15 2018

A rails to trails project that is a simple walk/hike for all ages. Wide, gravel path will connect Englewood and Athens in the near future. The trail is about half way completed at this point.

Sat Jul 29 2017

Very good for a family Trail. I pull a 4 year old on a co-pilot bike and had no problem. Very easy, very smooth. Great trail for beginners.

Fri Jun 16 2017

Eureka Trail is a Rails to Trail in Athens, TN. It is an easy multiuse trail. You will see folks walking, biking, running, and occasionally on horseback. There is ample parking at the trailhead; there are plans to extend the trail all the way from Athens to Englewood. It winds between fields and forest; it crosses two county roads; there is a short .6 loop on the trailhead end as well. There is presently some storm damage in the woods from a tornado in Nov/2016, but it does not affect the trail itself. A good walk, run, ride location close to town.