Learn more

Enterprise South Nature Park Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(194)
Enterprise South Nature Park

Enterprise South Nature Park Loop is a 17.2 mile loop trail located near Ooltewah, Tennessee that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 17.2 miles Elevation Gain: 1,364 feet Route Type: Loop

A full loop in the park. Take a hike on a mostly shaded trail, which provides visitors the opportunity to explore the hiking trails within the nature park. Carved out of an old Army Ammunition Plant in the hills just north of Chattanooga, this loop trail allows hikers and runners to enjoy a long trail in the woods.There's nothing too technical about this route just a good old fashioned workout.

We didn’t see any animal but the terrain was wonderful. Q fun time was had

Great hike with the dogs.

Always a good walking trail! Took the dogs and did a quick 3 miles.

Love this hike! It is very well kept and nice after it has been raining.

The outer road was closed, so we took this new route starting in the middle of Poe Run, to Hawk’s Ridge, then to Dogwood Ridge, then Hawk’s Ridge again, ending at Poe Run.

Beautiful place & saw a lot of Deer. Very well maintained & love the hiking trails.

Not recommended last time i was MTB some idiot broke one of my car windows i was so pissed the parkings too far away from the rangers the park need more vigilance if u go try to be close to your car

Awesome morning hike. The trails are well maintained.

Fri May 10 2019

Ever since I discovered this place, I’ve been running here almost daily now for two weeks. I’ve stuck to ‘hiking trails’ and streets. There is a 10+ mile out and back equestrian trail that I’ve been meaning to try but haven’t yet. The others are well maintained and marked. Scenery is awesome and is truly a hidden gem just miles from civilization.

Sat May 04 2019

Great variety in the trails here, easy to moderately difficult, paved and natural. Spent a lot of time on these trails with my dog, when I lived in Chattanooga. Trails are well marked.

Sun Mar 31 2019

Nice easy access trail lots of bike paths and the such

Sun Mar 17 2019

Good stuff up there. Try TNT and Black Forest trails for some good ups and downs. Stick to the roads for some decent gradient running. This is a very well kept area and I thoroughly enjoy Enterprise South Nature Park. Hidden Lake is a pretty, but short trail. See you out there!

Wed Jan 09 2019

If you're looking for a nice trail running experience conveniently located, thos is a fun trail to run. Bikes should have the right of way, so during pretty days, you'll be yielding often.

Thu Jan 03 2019

Really beautiful and some open bunkers along the hike you can go into. If your not pay attention to which trail your on you can end up hiking a very long way, which was fine with me!!!

Fri Dec 07 2018

Such a beautiful area. I come there at least twice a month and there’s always so much to see.

Mon Oct 22 2018

One of my favorite places to hike trails are maintained and Ranger Staff is awesome! Wether taking dog for a hike or taking wife and kids it has something for everyone!

Sun Oct 14 2018

Done all Mountain Bike trails which are Intermediate to easy some obstacles that have ride arounds loose over hard packed so drains well a lot of work done here well maintained and marked had a great time

Sun Jul 29 2018

Love ESNP - today we did Hawks Ridge and Dogwood- when done together it's a 4 mile loop trail. Highly recommend ESNP to anyone, since there is a trail for everyone! Full trail review + pics coming to our blog soon at www.Wander-Full-Life.com

Mon Jul 09 2018

Good trail. Mostly used for mountain biking. No technical elements involved but a great hike. If you stay around The outside it is more like 8.2 miles. You have to keep an eye on the map… To make sure you stay on the outside of the trail because if you get into the inside of all of the mountain biking trails it is much longer than 10 miles.

Wed May 02 2018

Hawks Trail

Wed Apr 18 2018

Very nice!!! Up and down trails

Sun Mar 04 2018

Clear trails, very well kept!

Wed Dec 13 2017

Dope. Dice and smooth yet still has features. Makes for a great ride!

Sat Nov 04 2017

Absolutely beautiful park and trails!! We loved this park so much we visited twice during our Chattanooga vacation. There are trails for every skill/difficulty level and the trails are well marked and clean, with frequent benches to catch your breath or enjoy the scenery. We were there at the beginning of November and enjoyed the fall colors and peaceful walk through the woods. Wish I lived closer to this wonderful park!

Wed Oct 18 2017

I ran the Black Mtn, TNT and Log Rhythm sections and it was awesome. Well marked and gently rolling , perfect for any level trail runner . So thankful this is part of our beautiful city !

Sun Oct 15 2017

This is a beautifully maintained trail with lots of rolling hills and interesting old army weapons bunkers tucked into hill sides along the way. The Hidden Lake at the bottom was a great little surprise. We walked at a fast pace for a total of 5 miles. They were setting up for a Halloween Spooky run later in the day, which looked like it would be a great family time. Can't wait to go back when we have time and finish the trail.

Sun Oct 08 2017

Best place for trail or road running in Chattanooga area. Also a well kept secret as it is never crowded.

Fri Apr 07 2017