Enclosure Wall Trail is a 2.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Manchester, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.7 miles Elevation Gain: 331 feet Route Type: Loop

This park re-opened for day-use visitation between 7am and sunset on April 24, 2020. The public will have access to most trails, boat ramps, marinas, golf courses and other outdoor recreation opportunities. Park facilities and overnight accommodations will remain closed, as will playgrounds and other social gathering places. See here for more info: https://tnstateparks.com/about/covid-19-closures The upper trail around the field area at Old Stone Fort is an easy, nice stroll. It takes you on the INSIDE of the perimeter wall built by the Indians who lived here many, many years ago. You still get views of the waterfalls without the up and down of the other trail. Very nice outing, would be great for kids and dogs.

Go to the left first. All the signs and trailheads are formatted that way. Beautiful trail. Considering all the rain we’ve gotten, it wasn’t nearly as muddy as I would’ve thought. Will definitely do again!

A little busy today. They limited people Getting in to the number of parking spots available. About 10 minute wait to enter park. Trail has flat and rocky places. With a little steep climbing you can get to the water. Pretty water falls. Good trails for all ability levels.

This trail was awesome. Really really enjoyed it. Did it with my 5 year old and he had a blast. Good hiking - swimming holes - waterfalls - this hike has it all, and I WILL be back!

Beautiful! Easy walk. Dog friendly. Plenty of space to stay 6 feet apart!!

Beautiful easy trail to numerous waterfalls. Dog friendly and not difficult at all. Also a nice meadow in the middle of this trail.

President’s Day Hiking with the Fam!

Visited the museum and hiked the main loop trail and forks of the river trail. Stopped at the mill foundations and took many pics.

We took our three kids (13, 9, and 5). They had a blast playing in the water and being able to walk under the waterfall. The Park Ranger was very nice and was ensuring the park visitors were enjoying themselves. The trail was quick to the swimming area. It’s great for a picnic by the water. Just be careful of slippery rocks and where you step because there are some holes you may not see in the water. Overall, we will definitely come back.

Great quick hike. I missed my turn to the extended section. Turned out to be less than a mile and a half because of that. My mistake. GREAT for families, IF kids are kept away from the edge. Much of the hike is inches away from a very steep drop off. But much of the hike is also very close to rushing water so that adds a lot to the experience.

I took my six year old and we had a great time! The trail is a little tough to navigate as far as signs in my opinion. My daughter and I ended up on the “moat trail” but it worked out as we were able to make it through. Waterfalls were beautiful and we were able to get down to them easily. We will be back!

Huge park with so many waterfalls and trails, could spends all day in just one beautiful section at a time and get a lot of revisit value and still see something new.

Nice hike around a old Indian Place. Numerous waterfalls and things to see. Will be back in the fall for sure.

Mon May 27 2019

Great waterfalls and wading areas throughout. Accessible with some water areas a little more difficult to climb. Nice museum and gift shop at trail head with very nice bathrooms.

Thu May 09 2019

Awesome place for an afternoon hike with lots of natural beauty!

Sat Mar 23 2019

Definitely a great opening hike of the season! Especially after a good rain...when the waters up on the duck, the falls are an especially pleasing view! Like others noted, climbing to the bottom of the trail and walking the river bank is awesome! Just exceed caution and be precise with your footing and enjoy the epic shots!

Sun Mar 17 2019

A great first hike of the season! If you are a skilled hiker, this trail is super easy and quick with great waterfall views. Lots of families and dogs because of the ease and accessibility. We stop to take pictures of our dog along the way and we finished the loop in just over an hour. If you feel daring, there are some rocks you can climb down to get some killer views of the falls but be extra careful in wet conditions.

Thu Mar 14 2019

Perfecr easy, beautiful, short hike to stretch our legs after being in the car.

Mon Jan 07 2019

Awesome! Now my 2nd favorite hike and it was an easy trail .

Wed Sep 12 2018

The trails were perfect for my family. I have an 8 year old and she was able to do everything without a struggle. We loved every part of it.

Fri Jul 13 2018

So great! This whole state park was amazing. My dogs and I really enjoyed hiking around and taking time to cool off in the river. Wear or bring your water shoes!

Sun Mar 11 2018

Such fun to get out on an easy trail! My 4yr old was thrilled and said “I love this hike!” She didn’t ask to be carried once, and there were some great views of waterfalls. It almost felt like cheating since we didn’t have to work for the views! As a history nerd, I really appreciated the signage explaining the history of the area.

Mon Feb 19 2018

just hiked it, We had just a lot of rain in the area so the waterfalls were roaring but water was muddy. I took several side trails and really pretty .

Mon Nov 06 2017

Very easy hike with multiple waterfall views. Path was clear and well maintained. Dog friendly. Would definitely do it again!

Tue Jul 18 2017

Great views of waterfalls. Clearly marked and well maintained especially if you do the trail clockwise.

Mon Jun 26 2017

Loved this trail! Have to do a few deep scrambles to get down to the water for good waterfall views. Well marked, and well maintained. I would rate the climb and descent from Backbone Ridge trail (the lower right as seen on this trail map) as moderate though, it's pretty steep both up and back down.

Mon Feb 20 2017

Awesome!!!!

Tue Feb 23 2016

we loved exploring the mill ruins and the beautiful waterfalls

Fri Oct 30 2015

The upper trail around the field area at Old Stone Fort is an easy, nice stroll. It takes you on the INSIDE of the perimeter wall built by the Indians who lived here many, many years ago. You still get views of the waterfalls without the up and down of the other trail. Very nice outing, would be great for kids and dogs. Please note: This is Old Stone Fort State Park. Since it is a state park, there is no private property like the first review states.

Mon Oct 12 2015

This isn't private property, like the other review states. Walked it today! Very easy trail if you just walk the enclosure.