Emory Gap Trail

Emory Gap Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Wartburg, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a great trail for families. I took my 4 and 6 year old and they absolutely loved it. We hiked up to Debord Falls and then to Emory Falls. There were wildflowers and butterflies everywhere, much to the delight of my daughter. Trail was easily followed and well trod.

So many bugs! I have never seen this many bugs out on other trails. We all got bit several times. The first mile is easy, after that it is just slightly into the moderate category, it is some steeper climbing.

There were a ton of people and dogs on this trail, while I prefer solitude on my hikes, this seems to be a popular hike. Also, several people just let their dogs bark and bark, which I find very disrespectful to others. Also, lots of cigarette butts.

The trees were still completely bare, which made it very unappealing today. I will probably try this hike in the Fall and see how different it is.

The falls are very small and I would rate them about a 3 out of 10.

This is more of an afternoon stroll to me, just not a fantastic "hike" in my opinion.

It is also about 3.3 miles round trip.

Went with our 5 year old. Beautiful hike, beautiful waterfalls - Debord, and Emory Gap. Had a picnic by Emory falls. Will have to go back when it's all green.

Great trail, even if you aren't in top fitness condition as I am not, I had no problem doing this trail. Granted at the end I certainly knew I had exerted energy but I was not sore the next day or anything like that. I would say this is an easy trail, one spot has a steep rise but it's short and easily done just might need to stop a few min to rest depending on how exerted you feel but the waterfall at the end makes it all worth it. Highly recommend this trail especially for families and schoolage children.

Loved it!!!!
Beautiful!!!
Easy!!!

Waterfall was completely dry in mid-October. First mile is easy (wide and flat) and then it gets more interesting :)

I don't know why this trail is rated moderate. It's very flat and wide. Probably one of the easiest trails in Frozen Head State Park! Always lots of family traffic on weekends. The falls are beautiful and a lot of families bring there younger kids to play there during the summer.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Great equal parts of flat and climbing. The waterfall at the top is worth it all.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Excellent hike in the early Spring, especially if you like wild flowers! The trail is wide and easy It runs beside the North Prong of the Flat Fork the whole way. There are lot of picturesque waterfalls long the way, but don't miss Debord Falls, which is about half way. It' a great hike for beginners! I imagine it also be a great hike for the fall when the leaves are turning!