Emory Gap Trail

Emory Gap Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Wartburg, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It was perfect for young kids and a puppy. Wide trails. No drops. They could play in several stops along the river and even at the fall.

Continuing past DeBord, it’s an easy, steady climb (about an additional mile) to the next fall on Emory Gap trail. Muddy and rocky but not difficult. Only complaint is that the fall isn’t impressive and rock climbing is necessary to get the best view.

This was an enjoyable hike. I agree with most of the others. I don’t think the last third could be called easy:) Of course I’m 71 and far from the fittest hiker on the trail!

Nice trail lots of water after a rain event. Second half of trail was like walking in a creek! Looking forward to the next visit.

Easy from trailhead to Debord Falls, some areas rocky so watch your step. To continue onto Emory Gap Falls is doable but defiantly closer to the moderate range. You are going up hill more and there are a lot more rocks and tree roots.
( I did see and older man fall, he was not injured). If the the first Falls (Debord) do not have plenty of water flowing you may want to wait to do the second leg another day.

Love this trail! Not sure I would say easy especially the very end of trail but can be done!

NOT EASY. This is definitely a moderate hike—especially closer to the falls. They were beautiful and well worth the effort. The Debord Falls are on the same trail, so stop and see them on your way.

This trail is beautiful. We went after some heavy rain and the waterfalls were amazing! We ended up filling a few side trails to explore also and hiked about 4 miles. It was moderate in difficulty. Not bad. I did it with an 18 month old on my back and didn’t struggle. I recommend this hike a million times!!

Short easy spur off Panther Branch Tr. Rocky footing. Pretty waterfall after a rain. 3mi roundtrip up Panther Br. to access. This is on old roadbed & adds Debord Falls & pretty stream side hike.

Easy trail, beautiful foliage. Waterfalls would be nice if there was more water . They were barely dribbling.
But i thoroughly enjoyed the walk.

You want to wait after a good rain if you want to be impressed by the falls. But it was very pretty, even the drive there. Lots of rocks so you have to pay attention. Uphill whole way.

my little one enjoyed swimming in debored falls and we loved the tree swing on the way up to Emory falls! I wish we would have brought swim trunks and swim shoes though. great kid friendly hike! spent 3 hours on it round trip.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

This is a great trail for families. I took my 4 and 6 year old and they absolutely loved it. We hiked up to Debord Falls and then to Emory Falls. There were wildflowers and butterflies everywhere, much to the delight of my daughter. Trail was easily followed and well trod.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Monday, April 10, 2017

So many bugs! I have never seen this many bugs out on other trails. We all got bit several times. The first mile is easy, after that it is just slightly into the moderate category, it is some steeper climbing.

There were a ton of people and dogs on this trail, while I prefer solitude on my hikes, this seems to be a popular hike. Also, several people just let their dogs bark and bark, which I find very disrespectful to others. Also, lots of cigarette butts.

The trees were still completely bare, which made it very unappealing today. I will probably try this hike in the Fall and see how different it is.

The falls are very small and I would rate them about a 3 out of 10.

This is more of an afternoon stroll to me, just not a fantastic "hike" in my opinion.

It is also about 3.3 miles round trip.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Went with our 5 year old. Beautiful hike, beautiful waterfalls - Debord, and Emory Gap. Had a picnic by Emory falls. Will have to go back when it's all green.

Monday, February 13, 2017

Great trail, even if you aren't in top fitness condition as I am not, I had no problem doing this trail. Granted at the end I certainly knew I had exerted energy but I was not sore the next day or anything like that. I would say this is an easy trail, one spot has a steep rise but it's short and easily done just might need to stop a few min to rest depending on how exerted you feel but the waterfall at the end makes it all worth it. Highly recommend this trail especially for families and schoolage children.

Friday, January 20, 2017

Loved it!!!!
Beautiful!!!
Easy!!!

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Waterfall was completely dry in mid-October. First mile is easy (wide and flat) and then it gets more interesting :)

Saturday, October 08, 2016

I don't know why this trail is rated moderate. It's very flat and wide. Probably one of the easiest trails in Frozen Head State Park! Always lots of family traffic on weekends. The falls are beautiful and a lot of families bring there younger kids to play there during the summer.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Great equal parts of flat and climbing. The waterfall at the top is worth it all.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Excellent hike in the early Spring, especially if you like wild flowers! The trail is wide and easy It runs beside the North Prong of the Flat Fork the whole way. There are lot of picturesque waterfalls long the way, but don't miss Debord Falls, which is about half way. It' a great hike for beginners! I imagine it also be a great hike for the fall when the leaves are turning!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

We incorporated this into our loop to the lookout tower atop Frozen Head Mtn.