Dunbar Cave Recovery Trail

Dunbar Cave Recovery Trail is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Clarksville, Tennessee that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Wooded trail by a small lake fed by a stream in a cave. Moderate hike. From I-24 Exit 4 go south on hwy 79 about 4 miles. Turn left on Dunbar Cave Rd. go 1.1 miles the park is on your left. Great place to see wildlife: deep, turkey, fox, squirell, muskrat, turtles, and all kinds of birds, from swans to woodpeckers. You can also tour the cave with a ranger.

beautiful trail, easy hike. little bit of incline intermittently, not ideal for strollers.

This place was nice since it had a few different trails. My partner was supposed to meet me out here but the rains cut it short sadly. However before they rolled in I was able to go through 90%of the trails and it was nice to jog through and it is very well traveled but not crowded in the least which is nice. I would recommend for those who just want an afternoon or morning jog with the pup or partner.

Very peaceful. ❤️

Hiked with our 7 year old son. It was a bit strenuous, but he made it like a champ. We loved this trail.

nice stroll

Nice two mile “tune up” trail. 200ish feet of elevation change.

Trail gets muddy and slick when wet.

The “Cave” isn’t much to look at.

It was super beautiful with the snow. Easy little trail that's enjoyable for your family and dogs.
I want to come back and run the trail.

I enjoyed learning about how the outside of the cave was once a dance floor. It was a cool area to explore. I'm anxious to go back and walk it with my dog. Or try trial running!

beautiful trail, cave is only open may to September so we just did the recover trail. I would not want to trail run it, alot of bigger lose rocks and step downs. A beautiful walk with turtles and ducks

Nice walk
Found a rock from the Clarksville rock Facebook page

Laid back less trafficked than you would expect . Nice easy walks with descent scenery.

Moderate hike with some elevation at first. Nice hike if you don't mind all the people and the nearby road noise. The cave area is interesting.

I enjoyed this trail a lot. It's long enough to get a great workout in and very well shaded from the sun!

Good Hike

Tuesday, May 09, 2017

I enjoy walking this moderate level trail. I like the versatility. I can either speed walk, using it as a great exercise, or take my time, and enjoy the views and nature sounds. ☺

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Trail was clearly marked. Pretty easy. I did it with my 4 year old and we had a blast. It was the perfect length for us

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Nice trails and the cave is open for tours I believe from May 1-August 31st. But you have to book your tour a week in advance.

Friday, October 07, 2016

A good trail. The cave isn't extensive, but it's still cool. Not exactly a place to get away from the world

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

My personal favorite trail in Clarksville. While it is often times busy and the gates close at sundown, it is possibly the best trail to run on that's somewhat challenging around here. There are two loops both of which connect in the middle. They are not paved and not made for bikes. The short loop is easy and less than a mile long. The recovery loop is about a mile and a half and has much higher incline with no switch backs. The cave is not always open, but offers a cool area to rest after your run.

Sunday, September 18, 2016

it was an okay trail.. not really a lot to see.. would love to go inside the cave,but it was all gated up..

Monday, September 05, 2016

short trail, shaded, medium populated

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Nice to be in nature in the city! Deer on trail.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

My favorite place to hike when I'm in my home town!

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Cool history and a shady walk.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Good litte adventure for the kiddos.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

it was a great hike good for some family time (:

Monday, June 27, 2016

Beautiful area and I highly recommend doing the cave tour, it's great :)

Sunday, June 19, 2016

good run if you add both trails together

Sunday, June 05, 2016

good trail. muddy after rain. worth doing again.