Devil's Racetrack

Devil's Racetrack is a 5.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Caryville, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My mother and I completed this hike yesterday, and I'm doing it again tomorrow with a friend. I really enjoyed the view from the rocks at the very top- it seems as if you can see it all. As others have mentioned, the interstate can be heard almost the entire time, but I wasn't really bothered by that. The waterfalls are beautiful and make a great photo or video (if you're interested in that). Also, you can see where the wildfires hit the area last fall as you get closer to the top. The terrain is quite rocky at times with many dips and hills, so it's not a great hike to try if you're not in condition. All in all, I really enjoyed it and will definitely be back.

Cool trail. We went to the waterfall and back to the parking lot and it was 4.43 miles and took us almost 3 hours. We moved along pretty good. The four of us are in pretty good shape, but this is a tougher hike. There were a lot of ups and downs. I'd rate this more on the difficult side than moderate. Unfortunately, the highway is present on the majority of the hike. There were some cool sights on this hike though, such as the waterfall, the bridge over the creek, the huge 150-200 ft of rocks you must cross and the the huge 2-3 ft across cave/hole that we encountered. Enjoy!

interstate definite buzz kill but kudos to the men and women who built and maintain this slice through the wild. coming back the trail away from the creek at the Rock pile is hard to locate. and the trail across the Rock pile in general is not especially well marked. but otherwise Great hike!

Only did a little over the first mile of the trail since we started late in the day. First waterfall was dried up but still a pretty hike. Definitely a moderate hike as there is some elevation to the hike.

Not for the faint of heart. That being said me and my 8 yr old completed the trek. There is a shorter route but what fun would that be.

I enjoyed this hike. It is a moderate climb in spots. This was my first hike in a while but with a couple of stops along the way I made it. Several other hikers on the trail. Beautiful waterfalls.

The highway takes away from it but the last mile is makes up for it. Beautiful stair step waterfall and past that is the climb to the top where the view is amazing.

Awesome trail but a little noisy since the highway is located near it. All in all it is worth the view and just follow the white marks on the trees if you lose the path