Devil's Racetrack is a 5.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Caryville, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.3 miles Elevation Gain: 1,512 feet Route Type: Out & Back

This park re-opened for day-use visitation between 7am and sunset on April 24, 2020. The public will have access to most trails, boat ramps, marinas, golf courses and other outdoor recreation opportunities. Park facilities and overnight accommodations will remain closed, as will playgrounds and other social gathering places. See here for more info: https://tnstateparks.com/about/covid-19-closures

Tons of poison Ivy and not too many views until the end. If you want a shorter hike with the same views start at Triple Falls. I do not recommend this one with small children.

This hike was really nice: first leading through a forest (absolutely nice during this heat), then arriving at great waterfalls, and then leading to a wonderful lookout. The only thing that I would complain about is that the trail is pretty close to the freeway. The sound of nature contains a lot of engine. One of us tracked 9.89 km / 6.15 miles, and we spend a bit more than 4 hours including breaks at the waterfalls and the lookout.

Disclaimer: we are AVID hikers and have hiked nearly every waterfall trail in East Tennessee. This one was new for us and didn’t disappoint. However there are some important things we’d like to point out. Overall, a Fairly decent hike. If you park at the Bruce Gap Trailhead to venture your way up, you will come across some fairly overgrown stretches of trail with COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF POISON IVY. While mostly unpreventable, be aware. However, it is a fairly remote and enjoyable hike. The falls are fantastic, the overlook is not the best I’ve seen, especially given the extremely near vertical incline at the end. Make sure you bring your snacks as this trail takes a toll. Will definitely be back. Last announcement, PLEASE USE TRAIL ETIQUETTE and be aware of those who don’t use it on this trail.

Devil's racetrack is a decent hike if you don't want to travel too far from civilization and still enjoy a beautiful waterfall and unobstructed views of the surrounding county. the first few miles if you start at the bruce gap trail parking lot parallel I-75 and provide a lot of background road noise. i suggest skipping this section unless you're wanting a longer and slightly more strenuous hike. When you reach the summit the trail connects to the CT Volunteer to Tank Springs trail which is a roughly 9 mile out and back hike following the ridgeline northeast with unobstructed views on both sides of Campbell County

one of my favorites close to knox- beats house mountain any day. love the river and falls to start, gets a little washed out towards the top. if you want to keep going after the summit you can follow the trail all along the Ridgeline for miles

Hike with Summer and Derek. Awesome triple waterfall backdrop for pictures. Would be a great place to swim if it was warmer. We had lunch with the waterfall view.

Great trail. A little muddy close to the lake but that’s to be expected with all the recent rain. Well marked and great views.

The trail saved itself toward the end with the numerous waterfalls. Significant amount of trees cut down. Possible the trail would be better in late spring/early summer. Not populated. Also located primarily by I-75 which was not the most appealing.

Well worth the visit! The manmade Little Egypt falls on Bruce Creek were breathtaking. We made it to the 1st house size boulder up the trail before turning back for a better day.

Fairly easy hike with only a few steep portions. Parts of the hike require you to climb over rocks. The double waterfall is beautiful! You follow the interstate the majority of the way but break away from it near the waterfall. We will start near the waterfall next time and hike up to the bluff views!

Not a scenic hike til ya get over to Triple Falls...which is just up the road from here. Save yourself some time and go over there instead....unless you prefer hiking I-75.

it was absolutely amazing, the hike wasn't easy. at 1 point there were signs that said private property needless to say that was very upsetting, I had went to far to turn around so I looked for another way and I'm glad I did because there was. you have to climb over this man made log ladder. there are a lot of rocks and at times you get the trail. but it was great

Only made it about half way on turkey day ran out of daylight

We did 2.6 from parking lot on Shelton Hollow. Nice hike for mid. Nov. Hiked all the way up to the point. Waterfalls were running , very pretty. After we came back down and cross the bridge we made a right and went just a little bit and there was another waterfall turn around come back to the car good day.

The waterfalls were great. The hike there sucked. Tons of spiders and the roars of semi trucks on the highway right next to you for most of the way. There are much better trail options in the area than this one.

listen to this one, true review. this hike is legitimately along the interstate THE ENTIRE WAY until the water falls, which are actually pretty cool. Nobody mentions the crazy amount of rocks, roots and ankle rolling at parts of this hike btw...however, when you make it to the very peak after the steep incline, its definitely worth it. a moderate rating is fair I think, all around....also, the all trails app says the total hike was 6.4 miles.

The falls are pretty neat to see, they are actually all man made. It was put in place to divert water away from the interstate. Parts of it make nice swimming holes. Continuing the hike up above the falls, the area has been burned out, so trails are badly erroded. Up on top, since the trees are burned out its very hot up on the rock. Cool view, kind of a dime a dozen view, but cool nevertheless.

part of the trail is near the interstate, if you want to skip that portion you can park on Shelton hollow lane and see the waterfalls and go directly to the top. the rest of the hike is rather unremarkable

Sun Jun 02 2019

Gorgeous Waterfalls!!

Mon Apr 29 2019

My husband and I parked at Shelton Hollow Lane. Make sure you don’t put it in apple maps took us to the wrong road ...google maps worked. We had our 2 dogs witch I was scared because it is really steep and they are only 6 months and a year but they loved it. I see what people are saying that the highway being right there but it still beautiful and definitely worth the trip. It’s not over crowded or anything it was beautiful and we had a blast

Mon Apr 08 2019

My fiancé, dog, and I did this hike the other day after work. It ended up being exactly 5.3 miles, but took us around 2.5 hours to complete. The first part of the hike is very disappointing because you hike along the interstate. However, once you hit the waterfalls, it becomes a beautiful hike. There is a parking lot somewhere that you can skip the first part along the interstate. The view is completely stunning! Definitely worth it!

Sun Apr 07 2019

I did this trail alone, because it isn’t child friendly. Straight climb up but so worth it with the view at the end. You can climb the rock and see for miles and miles!

Sat Feb 02 2019

lotta highway noise hence the name. it has a good veiw at the end

Tue Jan 22 2019

The actual overlook and waterfalls are not seen until the very end of the hike. The sound of the interstate can be very annoying but at times you can’t hear it. There are different parking locations to go straight to the waterfall and main overlook so you can skip the majority of the trail if you’d like. Overall not bad hike but not one I will be returning to.