Devil's Racetrack

Devil's Racetrack is a 5.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Caryville, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice hike through the woods, it is by the interstate. we went after the fires and the top of the mountain was burnt pretty good. nice views and the waterfalls were cool

next to the interstate so you get some noise pollution. I could see this being snaky in the summer. falls are worth seeing!

I would rank this trail Moderate to Hard. The trail runs beside the interstate highway and the highway sound is distracting. There was no trash on the trail today so it must have been cleaned up since the other reviews. I will go on this trail again.

Great day hike. Parked off Shelton Hollow Road to access trail. Lower section of trail seems to be a local hangout for nearby residents in the area judging by the liter. First 1/3 of hike features a creek and several waterfalls with some smaller climbing sections of rock steps. After crossing the bridge the remaining 2/3 is up the mountain. The elevation features a zig-zag up the side with a mix of stairs and rock steps. Payoff is the rock spine of the mountain with great views. Good place to stop for lunch! Overall up and back down took us 2 hours and 40 minutes. Has plenty of climbing to keep in mind.

The first part of the hike is a little dull, but after a mile or so, the beauty increases tremendously with several waterfalls, wildflowers, and a great overlook on top. It follows the Interstate, so you get that noice, but it doesn't take long to tune it out. The trail is a good workout,as well, but several areas have big loose rock, so care must be taken to avoid injury. It is a good hike overall!

Crossing the rocks was the toughest part. It was kinda scary. We didn't go back out the same way. Instead we walked back on the main road. The Falls was gorgeous but we didn't make it to the end. Worth doing at least once to see the falls.

I've hiked this trail once all the way through, and the view at the top is beautiful. However, i've gone just to the waterfalls (Little Egypt) numerous times to jump, swim, and picnic! It's a fun little area! Id recommend this trail for sure!

I hike often and am able to go on difficult hikes. This hike wasn't necessarily difficult (would be if you didn't hike often). Lots of snakes, spider webs in the middle of the trail constantly had to stop and knock those down to get passed. some people could easily get lost (follow white marks). After all the spiders, snakes, and walking through the thorn infested field, I didn't make it to waterfall/end, but I also fell twice. the waterfall is suppose to be amazing so if you can get passed the difficulties GO FOR IT.

My mother and I completed this hike yesterday, and I'm doing it again tomorrow with a friend. I really enjoyed the view from the rocks at the very top- it seems as if you can see it all. As others have mentioned, the interstate can be heard almost the entire time, but I wasn't really bothered by that. The waterfalls are beautiful and make a great photo or video (if you're interested in that). Also, you can see where the wildfires hit the area last fall as you get closer to the top. The terrain is quite rocky at times with many dips and hills, so it's not a great hike to try if you're not in condition. All in all, I really enjoyed it and will definitely be back.

Cool trail. We went to the waterfall and back to the parking lot and it was 4.43 miles and took us almost 3 hours. We moved along pretty good. The four of us are in pretty good shape, but this is a tougher hike. There were a lot of ups and downs. I'd rate this more on the difficult side than moderate. Unfortunately, the highway is present on the majority of the hike. There were some cool sights on this hike though, such as the waterfall, the bridge over the creek, the huge 150-200 ft of rocks you must cross and the the huge 2-3 ft across cave/hole that we encountered. Enjoy!