Devils Garden Overlook Loop Trail

Devils Garden Overlook Loop Trail is a 10.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Traphill, North Carolina that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail go straight up, with an incline that will kick you a** if you are not trained on inclines. I run steep hills and train on 15% treadmill inclines for 4.5 mph at 1 hour, and this was not easy for me at all. But, I loved the challenge.

Trail had not one person on it, while all other Stone Mountain trails were wall-to-wall at the same time.

If you want to get away from the Stone Mountain amateur hikers, this is the trail for you.

The way back is steep downhill, which works different muscles. This may be a challenge for those not used to steep downhill, even though trained on inclines.

This trail is a advance trail and straight up almost the whole time. My daughter and I are new to hiking , this trail was out of our league. All trails has made a mistake classifying this as moderate. We did finally make it to over look but was hard to do. All in all view is worth it.

The trail from Stone Mountain is far from moderate, I would rate it 7.8 on a scale of 1-10, 10 being strenuous. the view is gorgeous but it's disappointing to reach the overlook and have people drive up in their cars. The trail is also, more like 13 miles, not 10 and took around 7 hours to complete at a moderate pace, the loop was closed, it's in and back out. If you just like hiking in the woods to be hiking and need a really good workout, this is a great trail for you. Don't get me wrong, there are some nice views along the way but they're few and far between.