Devil's Backbone and Fall Creek

Devil's Backbone and Fall Creek is a 3.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Blountville, Tennessee that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I would not rate this trail easy. I hike 2-3 days a week and found this trail to be pretty tough from a cardio standpoint. The climb in and out I would rate moderate to strenuous. Great views of lake and a small waterfall.

This is still one of my favorite hikes due to the swimming hole being your reward after the hike and being able to cool off. The trail would be a step up for beginners and dogs are allowed on a leash. Great fun for family. I'd bring stuff for a picnic, I can never just make it to the swimming hole/ bathtub and leave. There is a parking lot but every time I've gone it's been packed and I've had to park along the side of the road leading up to it.

the trail was nice up until a certain point. definitely gets closer to moderate than easy. trail is not marked well, got turned around a few times. definitely NOT a loop! it's a there and back. end of the trail gets tricky and spits you onto the golf course, so be careful, then you turn around and do it again.

Sunday, February 12, 2017