Devil's Backbone and Fall Creek

Devil's Backbone and Fall Creek is a 3.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Blountville, Tennessee that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My absolute favorite trail to hike! Where do I even start. Well it's quite, other than the sounds of nature and mini waterfalls. The rushing water of the creek makes this hike very pretty. There are several different ways you can take, lots of cool things to discover in those woods. It is kid and animal friendly but I do suggest keeping your dogs on a leash.

This is our first trail hiking experience through this app. As other reviewers have said this is definitely moderate to strenuous, and I wouldn't consider it kid friendly for those who have smaller kids. We took two Great Danes on the trail and they were great. You should pack some extra water for yourself and the dogs. There are some lovely stopping points to rest and view the water, lots of rocks and roots, a lot of uphill climbing(the overlook is totally worth it).

This was a great find this morning as I was traveling through looking to get some exercise before hitting the road again. A single track trail through lovely woods along the river.

This trail was definitely not easy! I would rate it at moderate to difficult. It was a good cardio workout! A lot of uphill climbing and traversing rocks. Has beautiful lookouts along the way and nice creek at the end.

Good hike. This trail is moderate to strenuous, not easy. There are a lot of rocks and roots, more so than most trails. The trail has quite a bit of up hill climbing so be prepared to get cardio in! We took Kids (11,11,9) and the dog and it went well. There isn’t good water access for the dog (maybe a couple of places) so you may want to pack a water bowl in if your planning on bringing a pet.

I would not rate this trail easy. I hike 2-3 days a week and found this trail to be pretty tough from a cardio standpoint. The climb in and out I would rate moderate to strenuous. Great views of lake and a small waterfall.

This is still one of my favorite hikes due to the swimming hole being your reward after the hike and being able to cool off. The trail would be a step up for beginners and dogs are allowed on a leash. Great fun for family. I'd bring stuff for a picnic, I can never just make it to the swimming hole/ bathtub and leave. There is a parking lot but every time I've gone it's been packed and I've had to park along the side of the road leading up to it.

the trail was nice up until a certain point. definitely gets closer to moderate than easy. trail is not marked well, got turned around a few times. definitely NOT a loop! it's a there and back. end of the trail gets tricky and spits you onto the golf course, so be careful, then you turn around and do it again.

Monday, August 07, 2017