Cummins Falls Trail

Cummins Falls Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cookeville, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Best Park I've ever been to! I recommend anyone that wants to go go. Bring plenty of water and snacks! Good trail a little rugged with a good up hill climb coming out and the park rangers are very kknowledgeable friendly!

This place was amazing. We got there at 8 when it opened and it wasn't to busy. We left at 1 and it was getting very busy, only complaint, people need to keep a better eye on their kids me and my friend stopped two children one from falling off the trail and one of the falls. Their parents were really far off. If your going to take your children be prepared to keep a close eye on them.

we love it, walk no to bad like 45 minutes and at the end is beautiful the water fall ,water was so clear and cold but your body get used to it easy ,love it, love it !!!

We took the advice of others and arrived early, 8:07. The Park opens at 8 so we had perfect timing. There was only about 30 people when we arrived, however, as the time got closer to 10:30-11:00, they were coming in masses! You could see a continuous stream of people coming, up to 200. They weren’t checking bags when we arrived, but saw them checking bags when we left. There was a long line of people waiting! Highly recommend you go EARLY!! Also, did not see that this was a loop. We walked down, then back up the same route. It’s more like 2.2 miles

Had a great time here. It is beautiful. Ran in to a few spots where some jerks left their trash from lunch and it is very very busy but we have a 2,6, and 7 year olds who all made it just fine.

We had the best time on this beautiful hike!!!! Easy hike down but the riverbed to the falls is rough, make sure you wear water shoes with good traction. Also a waterproof phone case, towels, sunscreen and waterproof bag is advisable. Be prepared the hike back up is rough and straight up the hill with steps!! Highly recommend!!!!

I hate to give anything a bad review and partly, this one is my fault !

So first off, this is the first national park I've been to where I had my pack searched for weapons or alcohol. A table was set up on your way into the hiking trails.

Second, it was memorial day weekend. I went after church ended. It was packed!!! There were hundreds of people. The parking was insane. You had a half mile hike on the road before you even get to the trail head. There were tons of people there that were unprepared for the heat and trek.

The trail itself is a nice walk. I did about two miles to loop the whole things but I did not go all the way down the Waters edge to the waterfall. There was simply too many people for my tastes.

When there are that many people ... there is no trail etiquette. No right of way. Litter. Noise. Smoking. It's kind of sad to see such a beautiful natural resource abused like that.

I would love to go back but I think it will wait till a week day, perhaps in the fall once school is back in?? Or crazy early before the rest of the crowds get there. This is a park that oepns at 8 am as well.

Being Memorial Day weekend, we knew it would be packed with people, so we prepared ourselves for the crowd. As everyone states, switching to water shoes once you get to the riverbed makes the rest trek to the falls a bit easier. The water flow seemed to be above average and it was more impressive than I had expected. Even with the crowd, there was plenty of space to pull up a rock and relax and/or hang out in the falls. I will visit here again, but will make it an early morning hike to hopefully provide for a more quiet experience.

It was awesomely me

Beautiful but treacherous.. wear water shoes and DO NOT take the shortcut on your way out! It’s much steeper and more dangerous than it looks from the ground.. once I was about halfway up i could not turn around. Truly risked my own life and wellbeing.

Would definitely recommend getting there early if you wanna avoid crowds.

You will get wet on this hike cause you cross the river twice but not deep and gets very crowded quickly the view is awesome and a great place to swim

beautiful scenery... but tons of people with no etiquette. I feel like I saw more empty Gatorade bottles than I did rocks and that says a lot.

Beautiful waterfall. Fun place to swim, just be careful of slippery rocks if you're climbing around. I also recommend that you wear good shoes that can get wet as the hike down to the falls is a bit rocky and can be slippery at times.

Great swimming hole but usually lots of people during the warmer months. It can get tricky getting to the falls because you have to cross the river once or twice and navigate through some large rocky areas. Overall, it’s well worth it.

If you catch it on the right day it is a blast. the falls were flowing great when I was there

Pretty hike if you can beat the crowds.

This place is a must visit in TN. A great place to swim with friends or visitors.

Beautiful waterfall ... nice swimming hole. Sometimes very crowded.

Fantastic views with excellent paths. Some disrepair which lead to some paths being unaccessable.

Beautiful waterfall, especially when it is frozen! Also, only true hikers are out in this awful weather so that is a plus
During the summer though, it is full of "non-hikers" so it is pretty busy since it is a free place to go swimming. That being said, it is usually busy once it starts getting hot outside again.
Also, the hike back up from the falls is not my favorite thing ever so just be careful!

Nice easy hike to the overlook. Harder getting down to the water but worth it.

Best time to hike is during the rain of right after a huge rain. We went and were blown away with the amount of water. As a photographer is was beautiful. Definitely not safe to swim during this time. But amazing to see after a rain. Breathtaking.

Very crowded short hike. Great swimming hole to check out on a hot day. Beautiful Waterfall. Trail is definitely good for the whole family. The only "moderate" part about it is walking over rocks to get to waterfall once down on river bed

Be prepared to get wet and for lots of people. If you hike up the river to the falls, it's definitely more than a mile. More like 3.5 round trip. The falls are definitely beautiful!

If you follow trail to bottom and go up creek to falls, the route is 3.5 miles round trip.

Short hike but the waterfall is amazing. Plan to swim. Best on a weekday. Weekends are so crowded it's hard to enjoy.

Beautiful ! Hiking boots or shoes are an absolute must !! Nice easily accessible views from above. If you’re going to hike the downstream trail the difficulty increases dramatically. You will be crossing large bolders and almost everyone will get wet. Protect your phone !!