Council of Trees Trail

Council of Trees Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cleveland, Tennessee that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike but brought my son in a stroller because it said it was easy. It was not what I’d call easy due to lots of hills, roots and rocks. Had we not had the stroller, it would be great. But disappointed in having worked so hard to keep him upright.

Beautiful forest setting!

What a great day we had! If you want more of an uphill challenge, start the trail near the Welcome Center. If not, start at the picnic area and park on up the hill. Dogwoods and honeysuckle bushes are in bloom now!

It was good but easy hike!

We had a great hike! We ended with the blue hole...so gorgeous. It’s a great “quick” hike. Will return.

Nice little hike to get outdoors for an hour!

Go later in the year. There were gnats everywhere on the otherwise nice trail.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Nice relaxing hike with a fort/castle around halfway point. Usually very well maintained, but do to storms s bit rough. crews were working on it when i went today.

Friday, April 07, 2017

Nice and easy day hike. Blue hole springs is very cool!

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Great light hike. Loved the historical park and beautiful little trail near the steam that leads to the spring.

Friday, February 24, 2017

The Council of Trees trail is a wholesome year-round trail, good for a quick workout or a leisurely walk, and fun for families, couples, singles, and pets. :-) Be warned, however, that the park closes VERY EARLY during the winter season. A nice hike nonetheless!

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Enjoyed

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

I'm usually the type that likes to feel like the hike has paid off, with a huge waterfall or something. In this case it's pretty much just a walk through the woods. I took my 8 yr old because she said she wanted to go backpacking with me and I am trying to get her some conditioning in. It's amazing, she did this and then ran to the bathroom approx. 1/8 mile, and you take her in a store for 5 minutes and her legs hurt!

Monday, October 24, 2016

Nice trail ,great for kids could use a sweep of all the loose rocks on a lot of the trail
2 adults 3 kids ages 3-13

Sunday, October 02, 2016

I have a hard time deciding whether or not I like this trail. It's pretty quiet in the forest, but there really isn't much to see. The trail is mostly made up of rocks, and tree roots, so watch your step. I really liked the overlook. There was even a picnic table, next time I'm bringing my lunch with me! So is it awesome? No. Is it the worst? No.

P.S. I love the trail sign! It says the trail is 1.7 miles, and hiking time is 10hr... I really want to know how you take 10hr to do that hike.

Saturday, June 04, 2016

love this trail

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Awesome trail! Took my 10 year old daughter today and she did great! A good workout and she loved it!

Thursday, March 24, 2016

It was a great beginner hike for us!! And the best part we only live 2 miles away!! It was absolutely beautiful!

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Nice, peaceful trail. Ended up buying a "Tennessee State Parks" hiking stick medallion in the gift shop, too!

Friday, October 09, 2015

Very basic trail with generic monuments, but not the worst way to burn a couple hours (: Blue hole is REALLY REALLY blue.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The council trail of trees was very serene and easy to follow. At 1.7 miles, I found it easy to follow, with markers every 100 yards or so. Beautiful wooded trail with benches along the trail and a multi landing platform with picnic tables about half way on the loop, at its highest point. A great place to take a picnic.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Very easy paved trail with a lot of history. Can even hike threw the wooded dirt trails by the creek and into the fields.