Council of Trees Trail

Council of Trees Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cleveland, Tennessee that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice relaxing hike with a fort/castle around halfway point. Usually very well maintained, but do to storms s bit rough. crews were working on it when i went today.

Nice and easy day hike. Blue hole springs is very cool!

Great light hike. Loved the historical park and beautiful little trail near the steam that leads to the spring.

The Council of Trees trail is a wholesome year-round trail, good for a quick workout or a leisurely walk, and fun for families, couples, singles, and pets. :-) Be warned, however, that the park closes VERY EARLY during the winter season. A nice hike nonetheless!

Enjoyed

I'm usually the type that likes to feel like the hike has paid off, with a huge waterfall or something. In this case it's pretty much just a walk through the woods. I took my 8 yr old because she said she wanted to go backpacking with me and I am trying to get her some conditioning in. It's amazing, she did this and then ran to the bathroom approx. 1/8 mile, and you take her in a store for 5 minutes and her legs hurt!

Nice trail ,great for kids could use a sweep of all the loose rocks on a lot of the trail
2 adults 3 kids ages 3-13

I have a hard time deciding whether or not I like this trail. It's pretty quiet in the forest, but there really isn't much to see. The trail is mostly made up of rocks, and tree roots, so watch your step. I really liked the overlook. There was even a picnic table, next time I'm bringing my lunch with me! So is it awesome? No. Is it the worst? No.

P.S. I love the trail sign! It says the trail is 1.7 miles, and hiking time is 10hr... I really want to know how you take 10hr to do that hike.

Saturday, September 17, 2016