Collins River Nature Trail

Collins River Nature Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rock Island, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

We only did a very small part of the trail because t started to rain. We started on the Access Trail, which is 0.3 miles, and crossed over to the nature trail. It was scenic and perfect for a miniature stroll with our pups. The weather just didn't want to cooperate. We will be back though!

easy very peaceful way to spend a Sunday morning

This trail does not have the natural features to draw hikers that other hikes in the area may have, but it is a nice hike nonetheless. It is an easy hike without much elevation change.

An interesting feature, located approximately 0.25 miles from the end of the north side of the loop is a family cemetery plot dating back to the late 1700's with reference to the War of 1812 and the Civil War.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Monday, May 16, 2016

This trail I feel gets overlooked at Rock Island, as it does not contain and running water/waterfalls as the others near the gorge do. However, it is an ideal trail for running, or for an extended walk.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Sunday, November 22, 2015

If you are looking fora easy trail hike this is it! Nice hike with even trail.

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Nice but somewhat boring

Monday, September 28, 2015

Monday, September 21, 2015

Nice trail. My wife and I are in our early sixties so the trail was moderate for us. Lots of shade and you can see the Collins river in some portions. View doesn't change much. Lots of butterflies in the parts under the power lines.

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Easy trail for the family. Mostly shaded and an easy walk. Would be a great trail to begin training for cross country running.

Monday, August 10, 2015

Beautiful but fairly boring.

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Nice trail, and very peaceful. There were a few others on the trail when we were there, but it wasn't congested. Not very scenic, as far as waterfalls or rock formations, but lots of wildlife in the area. I would recommend this trail for everyone, not too strenuous.

Monday, July 28, 2014

Very nice and peaceful trail. Mostly shaded with just a few spots in the open. This was my first time ever hiking so it was very strenuous for me but would probably be a breeze for an avid hiker. Will definitely come back and do it again.