Cheeks Bend Bluff View Trail

Cheeks Bend Bluff View Trail is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Columbia, Tennessee that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Definitely missed the cave but like another review said it’s right before the loop starts closer to the river. Wasn’t too thrilled with the trail being so muddy but just make sure you bring proper shoes. Two river crossings and a whole lot of fun rocks to jump on :)

Had such a blast! Beautiful scenery, river views, found the caves. Quiet and breathtaking! Enjoy!

I agree with what others have said about the drive in and the trailhead itself. There’s not really a parking lot area so I’m glad that the trail signs were visible and clear from the road. I hiked this trail with my dog early on Saturday morning in December, and though we had the trail to ourselves, we had a rough go of it due to heavy rains a few days before. The trail had not dried out as much as I’d hoped so it definitely made the footing a bit uneasy. I slipped many times and fell once, and my dog even had a little trouble keeping her footing in spots. There was a lot of running water flowing along the trail from the recent rains, too. We used the waypoints overlay on the trail map in the AllTrails app to locate the cave entrances while on our hike. We easily found the cave in the woods but had to muster up some courage and get creative to reach the two cave entrances below the bluffs due to the slick mud and steep gorges. Once there though, the caves were simply amazing and completely worth the extra effort needed to get to them. The fence is still at the entrance to the larger cave, but it has an opening that’s easy to go through. We didn’t encounter any critters in the caves on this hike. The trails were well marked throughout and easy to follow. I’ll definitely be back when the ground is a bit drier to explore some more. This place is beautiful and so serene.

We had a great time. Didn’t know about the caves until after, guess we will look for them next time. But it’s a fun trail to hike!

Really good easy/moderate trail with large rock formations, a beautiful view of the river and lots of small paths to explore. Will definitely be back. My husband, four year old and I did 2.5 miles exploring it today. Parts of the trail were muddy but overall it was in great shape.

Great views!!

SUCH a pretty terrain. I’d never take a small child to this one because of all of the bluffs but I’d definitely go back

Driving up to this trail, I must say, I was a bit worried. Some of the roadsigns on the way out are graffitied with the word "SKIN" over it and/or shot through with bullet holes, and the dogs from the canoe place chased my car a good way before I got to the gravel road. By the time I reached the trailhead, I felt so isolated that I was sure no one had been out here in forever and it was going to be Vesta Glade all over again. Forthunately, all my fears were relieved by this wonderful trail. The first half mile of the trail is over mostly loose rocks, so hikiing shoes or boots are highly recommended. This trail may also be the best marked that I have ever been on with bright blue blazes to follow frequently. There had been rain recently, so parts of the trail were like a shallow, trickling stream, and there are two points that will require you to cross over the stream. The bluffs and their views of the Duck River are simply awesome to behold. Another reviewer mentioned there was a fence on the cave entrance, but this was not present on the day I visited. Be careful as you descend into the cave as the entrance is steep, and I slipped on the mud going in, busting my wrist up a little in the process. My courage was rewarded with great cave views as well as the overlook at the end, about 30 feet above the river banks. I can't wait to visit again and bring friends.

Great trail and overall very satisfying. I visited this area with my wife in September. I had no idea where the cave was located and the previous reviews did not help so..... I will try to help those who go after me.
If you follow the trail, a 1/4 mile BEFORE you reach the split as shown on the AllTrails map you will see a steep gorge/ run off to the left of the trail. This is the access point for the cave. At the bottom of the descent in this run off make a right. You will come to the first opening which is actually the top of the cave or exit. Keep following the trail to the main entrance. It has a large fence with a hole in it. Explore and enjoy!
Hopefully this will help those who need it.

Found some very upset buzzards in the cave.

Definitely a cool trail with beautiful scenery. We found 2 caves but one was not very accessible. We couldn’t find them at first but the advice someone else had posted about staying on the river side (to the left) at the split after you have walked along the river for a while. Then start looking on your right for a trail shortly after the split. It leads you into the woods away from the cliff and to the first cave. Totally worth it but we ran out of time and had to stop exploring.

Great day hike on Father’s Day! Hiked with our 8, 10 and 12 year old. There is a place to rent canoes on the road in. We may try that another time. Takes about 1.5 hour and we explored the cave.

This does not go down to the river, but there is a little overlook. The trail is only well-maintained for the first half mile.

Easy hike with nice river lookouts. Found the cave, it took a while.But you'll find it if you look to the other side from the river.

I wish there was easy river access, but the caves are amazing. There are a few where a head lamp would be helpful. On the way in there are a series of small waterfalls that are nice to cool off in, but the river is down a steep embankment.

We had a great time on this trail. we actually did find the cave. You can see the river but do not get close enough to get in. We had teenagers with us and even they were in love with it.

A nice moderate hike with scenic views and gorgeous butterflies, including the tiny green Juniper Hairstreak.

The trail finally dried up, and the wildflowers were everywhere. Didn’t find a cave weren’t looking real hard though. I would do this hike again. Very little traffic this time of year.

Easy trail which was more trafficked than expected. Found the cave but only because a couple gave directions. Lots of wildflowers this time of year. Saw a 7 year old rattlesnake sunning on the cliffs as well.

We had a blast on this trail!!! At first we were afraid we would not find the cave but our group was successful and the payoff was amazing! Our kids ranged from 2years to 10years and we all went into the cave to see the overlook on the bluffs!

Great trail and super easy. The cave is hard to find (if you take the end loop to the right, it will be on your left just before you rejoin the trail back). You can also find it by walking along the shore.

It was wet while we were there so I can’t really give a good one but it was enjoyable

Such a cool hike! The cave is not well marked; but once you find it, make sure to go though! It’s a short cave and pretty cool inside. Also, on the other side of the cave is a beautiful overlook.

Great easy trail for young kids! Caves are very easy to miss, but so glad we found them! They definitely made this trail worth it.

Great family friendly hike! The cave is not marked but awesome to come up on.

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Loved it!

Thursday, December 21, 2017

great trail. lots of neat things to see

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Nice easy hike.

Monday, October 23, 2017

Went with my five year old and it was good for an interesting hike in the woods. Lots of plant life to spot, overlooks, a cave made it fun for him. Ended up meeting a lot more people on the trail than I would've expected. We got a little confused on the end of the loop by the edge, could've used an extra trail marker there, but otherwise very well marked.

Sunday, October 15, 2017

just an ok short day hike with a few good views of the duck river! trail head was not advertised so it was harder to locate....