Cedar Forest Trail

Cedar Forest Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lebanon, Tennessee that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Loop through one of the largest groves of Red Cedars in the US. Easy day hike.

This has become one of our favorite hiking spots. We went in February and it was beautiful then and we can't wait to get back in the spring to see the change. Nine year old and I hiked it fairly quickly. Our two dogs slowed us down though. The terrain is a bit rocky so it took them longer to adjust!!

I wish I could go back in time and revisit as a ten year old. We took our 3 and 2 year old out for a small hike to get out after some snow kept us in. The trail is virtually flat with some very minor gain in elevation at one point. We turned the hike into an extended nature lesson for the kids. My 3 year old walked a mile of it without any problem. We had to step in when she got close to some of the sinks. The sinks have some gnarly rocks that would really scrape you if you lost footing. The cedars were fascinating, as were the various abundant rock formations. It got 4 stars because of the length and relative monotony. Some wonderful diversity of flora. We will be regular visitors from now on.

Enjoyable trail, not too long but enough to make a good hike. Always love going to this park, the staff are very helpful and friendly.

Nice trail in good condition. Well marked with a lot of sinkholes and "lava rocks". Great for all ages.

Great 2 mile hike. easy to moderate loop. many rock formations and sinks. well blazed trail. not a lot of hikers on Sunday. Enough to see to keep it interesting. Shag Bark Trees cool too. Other trails nearby also. Definitely will come again. Good for kids 5+ beginner hikers.

Nice trail with not much traffic. I took my 4 and 6 year old today, and it was the perfect length. Nothing super spectacular in terms of scenery, but it was nice enough.

Nice easy loop, not too heavily trafficked even during peak season. Have seen lots of wildlife on the trail which makes it enjoyable. Good for dogs, a few access points for water and lots of new smells.

good trail for my 10yr old son and myself

What a neat little trail. It was a little rocky from time to time, but was well marked and easy to follow. It was a good time.

Very good, easy hike to take young kids on. Would do again.