Cedar Forest Trail

Cedar Forest Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lebanon, Tennessee that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Loop through one of the largest groves of Red Cedars in the US. Easy day hike.

Took my daughters Girl Scout troop on this trail near the end of May. it was a perfect trail for getting the girls acquainted with carrying their gear for an extended period of time. Trail markers are kept up very well and easy to follow as the path is kept up too. Went right as the park was opening so it was just our group, 14 not including the 3 Pups we had sniffing around. My Kiddo and I had a blast! About 95% of the trail is covered as the name would indicate so great for light rain or shine. I highly recommend this trail for kids as it's a rather gentle hike or if you are just looking for a relaxing way to spend an hour outdoors.

We stopped at the state park for a break from driving along I-40. It was a nice walk for a little over an hour. The trail is well marked with a packed dirt trail. There are some slight hills. We enjoyed walking between the boulders. When finished we had a picnic and appreciated the restroom facilities. No fee to enter this state park. Thank you Tennessee.

I wish I could go back in time and revisit as a ten year old. We took our 3 and 2 year old out for a small hike to get out after some snow kept us in. The trail is virtually flat with some very minor gain in elevation at one point. We turned the hike into an extended nature lesson for the kids. My 3 year old walked a mile of it without any problem. We had to step in when she got close to some of the sinks. The sinks have some gnarly rocks that would really scrape you if you lost footing. The cedars were fascinating, as were the various abundant rock formations. It got 4 stars because of the length and relative monotony. Some wonderful diversity of flora. We will be regular visitors from now on.

Enjoyable trail, not too long but enough to make a good hike. Always love going to this park, the staff are very helpful and friendly.

Nice trail in good condition. Well marked with a lot of sinkholes and "lava rocks". Great for all ages.

Great 2 mile hike. easy to moderate loop. many rock formations and sinks. well blazed trail. not a lot of hikers on Sunday. Enough to see to keep it interesting. Shag Bark Trees cool too. Other trails nearby also. Definitely will come again. Good for kids 5+ beginner hikers.