Cable Trail

Cable Trail is a 0.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Spencer, Tennessee that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

To short to call a hike but a great place to swim and nice waterfall.

My friends and I hiked this once--very difficult and rewarding lol.

There are two waterfalls into a swimming hole at the end of this trail so don't forget to bring your swimwear. It's definitely worth the climb down which gets a little daunting during the rain.
Some places might be a little too sketchy for kids or older folks as you need to have sufficient reach and flexibility while descending.

Exciting trail with a great end point, nice swimming hole.

A great trail for those wanting a little more than a casual walk.

Worth the challenge.

Beautiful!! Short, a bit difficult, but well worth it!

This trail was totally worth it. I didn't want to do it at first but my brother talking me in to it! You can't use the cable the whole way down but use it when you can reach it. We made use of the tree's roots the majority of the way down, easy to grip and hold yourself. Definitely a must do! Not sure it's it's great for kids or not, supervise them!

One of my favorite trails!! It's short but very intense so it keeps your heart pumping! I take my kids (7 & 9) but they need A LOT of help getting up and down. Be prepared to rock climb for part of the trail. There's a gorgeous waterfall at the bottom for swimming and cliff jumping. And if you want to get in a couple more miles, you can hike down river.

This was our first hike in Tennessee and it was amazing! The views were beautiful, but I was not prepared for this trail. We thought we were at a different one.