Cable Trail

Cable Trail is a 0.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Spencer, Tennessee that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

This trail was totally worth it. I didn't want to do it at first but my brother talking me in to it! You can't use the cable the whole way down but use it when you can reach it. We made use of the tree's roots the majority of the way down, easy to grip and hold yourself. Definitely a must do! Not sure it's it's great for kids or not, supervise them!

One of my favorite trails!! It's short but very intense so it keeps your heart pumping! I take my kids (7 & 9) but they need A LOT of help getting up and down. Be prepared to rock climb for part of the trail. There's a gorgeous waterfall at the bottom for swimming and cliff jumping. And if you want to get in a couple more miles, you can hike down river.

This was our first hike in Tennessee and it was amazing! The views were beautiful, but I was not prepared for this trail. We thought we were at a different one.

You start off hiking, then your rock climbing. But once you reach the bottom, its well worth it. ;)

Its amazing I'm not going to spoil it but it's easy once you get down a certain part definitely try it though

Great view of falls from the bottom!!!

It was worse going down than coming back up. The view at the bottom was well worth the climb down. The falls were barely running.. but still worth it..

Somewhat challenging but definitely worth it. Certain parts of trail you will not be able to hold on to cable. It was easier going up if you could believe it. Awesome view at the bottom.

Absolutely stunning! Everything you could want in a trail and waterfall(s). Little known fact, these falls were filmed in the 1994 Jungle Book ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF-e8yveajw )

We did it years ago and loved it but do not have the upper arm strength to do it now.