Cable Trail is a 0.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Spencer, Tennessee that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from March until October.

Distance: 0.6 miles Elevation Gain: 88 feet Route Type: Out & Back

This park re-opened for day-use visitation between 7am and sunset on April 24, 2020. The public will have access to most trails, boat ramps, marinas, golf courses and other outdoor recreation opportunities. Park facilities and overnight accommodations will remain closed, as will playgrounds and other social gathering places. See here for more info: https://tnstateparks.com/about/covid-19-closures

Too steep. Got scared and stopped. Looks beautiful but I couldn’t do it

An amazing trail. Very tough but incredibly rewarding! You have to have heart for this one!

Very easy trail! It was mapped out perfectly.

This trail is very strenuous with vertical climbing!! Not for the faint of heart, but the reward at the bottom is well worth it.

back open!

closed

Trail is closed as of 03-28-2020

This trail was closed to traffic 3-26-20 for unknown reasons.

Super hard! Well worth it best hike in fall creek

This trail was challenging for me. I see from other people's reviews that most people think it's not that hard, so I guess this was just out of my comfort zone. I've never done any sort of rock climbing or anything like that, and we came here after a lot of rain so there was mud and the rocks were very slick. The one short section where you kind of have to repel down did make me nervous but my boyfriend helped guide me down. But I am so glad I did it because the view from the base of the falls is BEAUTIFUL. So worth it.

Love this trail! It’s a climb, not a hike. Totally worth it. Definitely a pay-off.

Great trail good views

This trail is rated moderate but I’m going to go ahead and say it’s moderately difficult. It’s not an actual hike. It’s a very technical climb down on some large rocks. There is a cable to help you get down, but if you are short like myself (5’2”) it’s almost easier to climb strategically without the cable. I highly recommend gloves as they were very helpful. If you’re a skilled rock climber this will be a walk in the park. If not, just be prepared. It was a lot of fun to climb down and up, and the payoff was absolutely worth it. Cane Creek Falls was roaring after all this rain. Absolutely beautiful! *we did this while the rocks were wet but were very careful. I still see this as a moderately difficult CLIMB even on dry rocks. **not recommended for dogs or children. Happy hiking!

This trail is great. Secluded from most people in the park, you go down a very technical rock scramble around 100 ft then reach the bottom of Cane Creek Falls. It’s worth it if you are in the physical shape to climb up and down the rocks.

Hiked this trail knowing it was calling for rain. We took paw paw to cable trail (definitely worth the climb down) and got up and down cable before the rain started. I would advise against doing cable trail if it has been raining. very dangerous when wet! The bluff overlook is amazing on paw paw. I would rate this trail on the easy side of moderate. It took us just under 3 hours and we did a lot of stopping and picture taking on the way. The 3 hours includes both paw paw and cable trail. highly recommend this trail.

This is my favorite trail. My friends and I were the only people at the waterfall at the bottom. I would not recommend this trail to kids, people with dogs, or anyone who has difficulty moving. This was a bit strenuous on the way back. Also: keep an eye out for snakes. Nothing serious but we did see a couple in the water.

Going down is the easy part, coming back up....Is another story. Beautiful spot for swimming. Nice and secluded.

Great falls and swimming hole! Not for the faint of heart though.

This trail had an extremely rocky start but ended with a beautiful waterfall and refreshing swim. Not recommended for people out of shape, afraid of heights, or people with small children. Definitely NO DOGS! It is a lot easier coming back up the trail then going down. There is spots on the trail where the cable is out of reach. At the beginning of the rocks, it looks very scary, but it is easier than it looks. Bring good shoes and a suitcase full of courage.

Thu May 16 2019

Tue Apr 30 2019

too scary

Sat Apr 27 2019

extreme climbing on all 4s. not for kids or dogs at all. but beautiful at the bottom with 2 falls

Fri Apr 19 2019

Worth the effort! Conquer your fears! I personally love heights and climbing so this trail was a nice playground. The trail takes you to the base of two water falls which are absolutely beautiful! We went after good rain so the water level was perfect. The cable trail can appear daunting if you're scared of heights or not in great shape but its actually passable by most. I witnessed people or all ages from 10 year old kids up to women in their 50s and seemingly all fitness levels. Gloves are a good idea to give additional grip but not necessary. Go slow, plan your steps and hand holds and you should be fine. One of the best views in East Tennessee awaits you at the base. Happy hiking!

Wed Apr 03 2019

Awesome views of the falls IF you are adventurous enough to take the off shoots. There are quite a few trees down but overall a pleasant hike.

Sat Mar 16 2019

The view from the bottom is fantastic. Its not as hard as it sounds. You will have to pull yourself up

Sun Jan 27 2019

This trial is not as bad as it seams. If you afraid of highs and rock wall climbing I wouldn’t recommend. But if you are looking for a challenge and gorgeous view this is a trail for you! We just got back from hiking this trail and it was tough! The rocks were icy and wet but we survived! Look for my picture above of the waterfall! Absolutely breathtaking