Cable Trail

Cable Trail is a 0.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Spencer, Tennessee that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Definitely a difficult trail, but it is completely worth it for the view of Cane Creek Falls at the bottom. This view is far better than the other two overlooks.

A little short and pretty sure I could do it barefoot.. but it’s beautiful

True, it isn’t very long...but it is TOUGH. I hike regularly on all types of trails and terrain, and as the review states, this is for experienced hikers. I feel like most of these reviews don’t accurately prepare first timer for the vertical decent and how it’s essentially scaling a rock wall in one area. Not for dogs and I personally would not attempt to bring children on this one. The falls at the bottom are BREATHTAKING though!

Cool trail. Plan on doing the Cable Trail, Fall Creek Falls, and the swinging bridge at Piney Creek Falls on the same day. All short but amazing.

I had a blast on this hike, only bummer was length. I wish it was just a little longer! Make sure you wear good shoes, it got wet and slippery in places but overall I had a great time. 4/5 stars for me due to trail length, 5/5 otherwise.

To short to call a hike but a great place to swim and nice waterfall.

My friends and I hiked this once--very difficult and rewarding lol.

There are two waterfalls into a swimming hole at the end of this trail so don't forget to bring your swimwear. It's definitely worth the climb down which gets a little daunting during the rain.
Some places might be a little too sketchy for kids or older folks as you need to have sufficient reach and flexibility while descending.

Exciting trail with a great end point, nice swimming hole.

A great trail for those wanting a little more than a casual walk.

Worth the challenge.

Beautiful!! Short, a bit difficult, but well worth it!

This trail was totally worth it. I didn't want to do it at first but my brother talking me in to it! You can't use the cable the whole way down but use it when you can reach it. We made use of the tree's roots the majority of the way down, easy to grip and hold yourself. Definitely a must do! Not sure it's it's great for kids or not, supervise them!

Saturday, February 11, 2017

One of my favorite trails!! It's short but very intense so it keeps your heart pumping! I take my kids (7 & 9) but they need A LOT of help getting up and down. Be prepared to rock climb for part of the trail. There's a gorgeous waterfall at the bottom for swimming and cliff jumping. And if you want to get in a couple more miles, you can hike down river.

Tuesday, November 01, 2016

This was our first hike in Tennessee and it was amazing! The views were beautiful, but I was not prepared for this trail. We thought we were at a different one.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

You start off hiking, then your rock climbing. But once you reach the bottom, its well worth it. ;)

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Its amazing I'm not going to spoil it but it's easy once you get down a certain part definitely try it though

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Great view of falls from the bottom!!!

Saturday, September 17, 2016

It was worse going down than coming back up. The view at the bottom was well worth the climb down. The falls were barely running.. but still worth it..

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Somewhat challenging but definitely worth it. Certain parts of trail you will not be able to hold on to cable. It was easier going up if you could believe it. Awesome view at the bottom.