Burgess Falls Trail

Burgess Falls Trail is a 1.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Baxter, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from January until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

bridge out

As of June 2018, some users have reported that the staircase at the end of the trail is closed.

Great hike. improvements are continuing to be made.

Beautiful falls and fairly easy and maintained trails.

Great scenery. Lots of rocks, some loose. They aren’t kidding when they say wear water hiking shoes. You have to go through water to get to the falls. The falls are beautiful! And worth the hike. But be careful. Expect to get wet. The swimming hole is perfect. Water temp very refreshing. Went on. Friday afternoon. Very very crowded but didn’t really slow us down.

Beautiful

Beautiful views and a good place to get away from things. Very short hike. One of my favorite waterfalls

As avid day hikers, we were looking forward to hiking to the base but it rerouted us up to the top of lower Burgess Falls

Too many tourists for my comfort

LOVED LOVED LOVED this trail. Even though the stairs to the base of the falls were still closed, the top of the falls is spectacular!! Did as a family of 4 with 2 kids ages 8 and 11 last year. They really enjoyed it! We got some really great pictures and I even (after a lot of coaxing) talked my 11 y.o. who is terrified of heights into coming out onto the overlook platform to see the falls from that angle and he was actually able to enjoy the view for a few minutes before he retreated to the safety of earth, LOL. I would say that moderate is an accurate description of this trail, the decent from the lookout platform to the top of the falls can be a bit taxing on the joints as it is fairly steep, BUT well worth it!! Highly recommend. REALLY hope they get the stairs to the base of the falls fixed!!

Short day trip. Beautiful views even with the flooded areas closed off. Well marked. Would even be easy eh all of the kids! Well taken care of. Will definitely be back!

I like that it gives you options to get to the main falls straightaway without a "hike". The actual hike however isn't too bad. Lots of steps. Pretty well maintained trail. The middle falls overlook was closed... but still a place to see them. We didn't take the "very strenuous" trail down to the falls itself.

Easy hike with 10yr old. The falls are BEAUTIFUL! There is several with lookouts and Burgess is amazing. Complete with a tiny rainbow. You can walk on top of it as well.
Just FYI- No area to swim. Construction happening at bathrooms and trails but not inconvenient.

Amazing falls!!!! Beautiful area with great trails.

I loved this hike!

1. The park does not open till 8 am. I got lucky and the ranger was opening the gate at 730 as I arrived.

2. There is plenty of parking. A restroom is under construction but they have outhouses currently.

3. The views are spectacular ! Three sets of falls, small, medium and large. Take the walk. See them all. It is so worth it. The inclines aren't too bad. Just take your time.

4. Leashed dogs are allowed.

5. There is a butterfly garden as well. Didny see any while I was there but it could have been the time of year / day as well.

It was beautiful. I sat and just listened to the water and the sounds of mother nature. Go!

So much more than I expected... pleasantly surprised with this hike. We took my fiancee's 8 and 11 y.o. boys, so I was hoping for a hike that wasn't too difficult to induce uncontrollable moans from them, yet enough that they'd be entertained. It was quite perfect! Even with signage directing to stay on the trail, it was next to impossible to keep the boys from exploring some of the areas immediately off the trail. Yes, the stairs to the bottom of the falls are closed with no reopening currently projected, but don't let that discourage you from checking these falls out.

There are two smaller falls along the way, one which you can walk/climb through. With a little additional effort, from the main falls lookout area, you can trek down to the top of the falls for some great views. The sign for that last portion says "very strenuous", but I think it borders between moderate-hard.

Short hike but the views are very nice!

We made the terrible decision to bring my sons stroller. Never again will that happen. Aside from our stupidity it was a beautiful trip.

Easy hike since the metal stairs to the base of the falls were closed due to flood damage. Multiple overlooks to some very pretty falls.

Some of the mode beautiful waterfalls I’ve ever seen. The trail is relatively easy to navigate. Unfortunately, the staircase at the end of the trail was closed after some severe storm damage a few years ago and has still yet to be repaired, therefore you cannot joke all the way down to the base of the falls. Looking down from the overlook, however, still makes the trip worth it! Magnificent views!!

Great short hike. 3 big waterfalls. Pretty easy even with a small section of stairs. Just wish there were longer trails around there.

yes the staircase to the bottom of the big falls is still close, but oh my goodness this place is awesome. well maintained, easy to figure out where to go. it's not a long hike but so worth going to see. hope they fix the stairs someday,that would make it even better. loved it

My favorite place! Good short hike with multiple falls to see

Great short trail. Beautiful waterfall views! Some of the viewings were closed due to flood damage today, but it was still worth visiting. Trail maintenance was excellent.

有几处瀑布,非常壮观。

Parts of the trail are currently closed.

Very well maintained hiking/walking trail that offers spectacular views of waterfalls. We like it because it is a quick walk in very pretty setting.

My family had a great time. Hopefully they fix the couple destroyed viewing points. We want to go back when the water is down so we can swim at the bottom of the big fall!

This place was awesome. Almost didn’t go since the staircase to the bottom is closed but it was worth the drive out anyways. The water level was extra high and very impressive. I took my dog along and he seemed to enjoy the trail as well, we’ll be back!

It has been really rainy and the trail was rather slick, but we really enjoyed the view. It was a little strenuous for my out of shape self and still managed to walk the trail in about an hour.

The trail itself is short but the falls are worth the trip. I was in awe. The Ranger gave me pointers on an even better hike nearby, said it’s all better come April. (It was rainy).

Nice little hike with some great views. Right now though the main overlook and the stairs to get down to the bottom of the main falls are closed. The hike is still worth it.

Fun 1hr hike