Burgess Falls Trail

Burgess Falls Trail is a 1.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Baxter, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from January until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

bridge out

From Sparta, Tennessee: intersection Hwy 70 & Hwy 111; go north on Hwy 111 to Hwy 135/County Hwy 1142; turn West to park.

The trail itself is short but the falls are worth the trip. I was in awe. The Ranger gave me pointers on an even better hike nearby, said it’s all better come April. (It was rainy).

Nice little hike with some great views. Right now though the main overlook and the stairs to get down to the bottom of the main falls are closed. The hike is still worth it.

Fun 1hr hike

Beautiful short easy trail along the river. Take your camera!

Was a really nice short hike this morning. Wouldn't consider it as moderate in my opinion. However, for some I'm sure it is because of the stairs and such. Very pretty scenery. Wonderful falls.

Great trail! Quick hike in with some stairs. Walked both the trail by the river and the ridge trail which both end at the big falls. My knees aren’t the greatest and I was able to navigate both trails easily.

We didn’t realize just how much rain the area had received and the water was at flood stage. It was wild how noisy the water was and how you could hear large boulders tumbling beneath the current like thunder. One overlook was closed due to being heavily damaged. We took the hike to the base of the big falls for another stunning view. This was a short hike but there was a lot to see along the way.

Very short easy trail. My girl friend and I trekked this when two of the main observation points were down with no access. We managed to find our way down to each fall tho. If you enjoy waterfalls this place is beautiful. If staircase is still out to main falls you will have to climb down as we did. Beautiful and worth it.

Short and easy walk with a huge payoff! I wouldn't call this a hike but it's definitely worth going to just for the views. I'd say this place is pretty busy in the warm months. I was there in the winter and there were still quite a few people there.

Cool hike, lots of old power plant parts

Very fun short hike. Had a great couple hours exploring

Beautiful views even with the stairs going down to the bottom of the falls being closed. Plenty of fish and wildlife to see . The water is cold year round . And plenty of bass to catch .

Very scenic trail. Perfect introductory trail for experiencing the best natural features at the edge of the plateau. Good afternoon excursion!

Great scenery! Easy to moderate difficulty, but worth the views! The stairs to get to the bottom of the waterfall were closed when I went due to structural damage but you can climb to the top of the waterfall and there is a good view from across the river!

Beautiful falls! Would definitely go again!

Easy trail, not too long. Portions are closed due to damage. Absolutely beautiful falls.

Great, though flood waters have damaged the portion of the trail leading Down to the base of the falls.

This place is beautiful. I use to come down here as a child and play in the falls and it's sad to see everything closed down with no swimming signs everywhere.

What an incredible day we spend, my husband and I have given ourselves the task of knowing the nature more serca and every Sunday we will be visiting places and uploading photos of nature that God gave us!

The end waterfall was stunning. It was a nice stroll down to the falls and it was worth it. It was huge and breathtaking up close.