Buggytop Trail and Sewanee Natural Bridge Trail

Buggytop Trail and Sewanee Natural Bridge Trail is a 3.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Sewanee, Tennessee that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Ample parking close to trailhead.

loved this trail. went with a friend. the end view is worth it

Have been doing this trail for many years. Nicely maintained !!! New configuration of trail much better than that from the late 80's. Cave at the end of the trail is easy if equipped right (3 sources of light and helmet) if only one light just poke around in the twilight of one of the three entrances. Lower entrance is among the most impressive in the state !!

Nice trail with beautiful views and cave.

The trail was great, and the cave was amazing! You definitely need headlamps if you want to explore it. It was very open inside and not too far to the other entrance.

I would have rated this higher, but the trails were so overgrown, and hard to see that we often had to turn around or risk getting lost. We were attempting to get to the bridge. Eventually, we drove around to the other side and saw the bridge, but we were not able to find the connecting trail there either.
It's a beautiful area, but a shame that we couldn't do the whole hike.

Easy to guide. Tricky terrain at times, but my 3yr old completed it w/o having to be carried. He was so proud

Enjoyed the trail, lots of small wildlife and the cave was very interesting. Next time a change of clothes to explore the cave deeper.

Awesome trail! Very well maintained. It is quite a bit of work getting down to the cave (and more to get back up) but it's so worth the effort!! We will definitely be back!

Great hike with the wife! Took about an hour to hike in closer to an hour-twenty back out. Be prepared for an uphill climb on the way back out. The reward is so worth the effort. Standing in the mouth of the cave is like standing in front of an air conditioner. Took tons of pictures and saw an armadillo during the hike. We will be bringing our 8 year old son back to this one!

Great family hike. We had a 6 and 3 year old with us. My 6yo hiked the whole thing in about 3 hours, with a snack break at the mouth of the cave. My little one was in and out of the back carrier.

The return is much more up than down.

Moderate trail with some fairly steep descents down to the cave. This was an awesome hike and the most amazing cave I ever saw with the river flowing from within the cave. Was an unexpected find didn't know the river emerged from within the cave. AWESOME. WILL BE BACK FOR SURE.

Loved this area

Beautiful area. Enjoyed our hike today

Loved the natural bridge and the buggy top cave trail was great with beautiful scenery and a waterfall that flows out of the cave..

Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Went with friends, and next time will take flashlights to explore caves more.

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Very nice and well maintained trail. The trail was identified the whole way so never got off trail. It was not very physically demanding until climbing around inside the cave. I took my 8 and 11 year old sons with me and they kept up with no problem. Very fun day hike. Will definitely go back abd check the cave out more. Thank you to everyone that helps maintain that trail.

Monday, November 28, 2016

moderate trail with some rock scrambling thrown in
as you descend towards the cave entrance most impressive cave entrance I have seen so far

Saturday, November 19, 2016

We had a great time...and was worth the hike.

Friday, November 11, 2016

Must see.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Took the whole family and it was kinda hard just watch for rocks and the cave was a blast... really enjoyed our day!!!