Brushy Mountain

Brushy Mountain is a 6.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Sevierville, Tennessee that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and trail running.

I parked at Grotto Falls trailhead and continued on up past the falls. It's a peaceful hike but not a lot of views or interesting features along the way, once you get past the falls.

Great hike! If you drive past rainbow falls trail and continue onto the roaring fork road you will park at the Grotto falls parking lot and from Grotto falls trail head it’s 3.3 miles to brushy mountain. It had rained a few days before so the top of brushy mountain was very muddy. I would recommend a waterproof boot.
Beautiful waterfall and awesome views!!

This trail is 6 miles one way. You have to start at the porter creek trailhead to get to the brushy mountain trail. It was beautiful, but unfortunately we did not make it to the top because we were not expecting 12 miles round trip. I am interested in checking out other trails in the area. Would probably not return.

FOUND THE TRAIL today on accident! Will hike soon!

Go to Rainbow Falls Trailhead! Brushy Mountain branches off just after the trail begins!

REALLY wanted to hike this today... but did not.

Used AllTrails directions and ended up by rainbow falls, but the road to this trail was closed. We then tried to go a roundabout way and ended up on the other side of the mountain where we hiked 4mi to a dead end campsite past “porter creek trail.” Really not sure if directions provided were wrong, if the road was just closed, or what was going on. I wish someone could clarify!

this was amazing sooo beautiful... fall bit nippy up top...

Strenuous but worth it! Gets very crowded near the falls, so go early.

this trail is nice .it is rated as hard but I'd call it moderate. I haven't done any length of hiking in a while and this was no prob...the views at top were awesome.it did just rain for a day and 1/2 so it was muddy at the top but still worth the climb.

Sunday, October 16, 2016