Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Bridal Veil Falls Trail [CLOSED]

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(140)
Sewanee, Tennessee

Bridal Veil Falls Trail [CLOSED] is a 2.2 mile out and back trail located near Sewanee, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.2 miles Elevation Gain: 479 feet Route Type: Out & Back

closed

NOTE: It has been reported this trail has temporary closures due to COVID-19. Please see the park's website for up to date information. Parking is at Cheston Lake Pavillon parking lot off of Crosby Lane

Great trail! Beautiful perfect weather today for it! Pretty much dry only a couple muddy areas. good mix of flat and rock trail! Id say easy to moderate trail. Some places can be ankle twisters so just be careful! The waterfall is beautiful and well worth it. Found parking by the greenhouse walk down the street and then entrance on the left across from lake. There is some road closures so beware.

Pretty short and moderately easy hike to a very beautiful underrated waterfall. The pictures I saw on this app don’t do the falls any justice. The waterfall flows down into a cave-pit like area and then the water runs underground. Absolutely beautiful. You don’t actually start at the trailhead because you park at a greenhouse looking structure. That may add a little mileage. (Maybe due to the COVID-19 madness?) Lots of beautiful purple wild towers and the trees are just starting to bloom. Very pretty.

Nice short hike to a beautiful waterfall!

Yeah this is a short but nice hike. The area around the falls is a good place for a picnic. I would definitely do this trail again.

This local trail contains one of the area’s most unique waterfalls. The path itself was fairly easy; however, there were some slippery parts due to the excess of wet leaves and mud. The waterfall is of decent size and releases into a lowered pit-like area. The beautiful sight made the hike worth it. I would highly encourage everyone to come to the waterfall and let nature rejuvenate and inspire you!

Awesome local trail, lived in Sewanee for a long time and never been here myself, so I went today with my puppers and after all the rain that we have had it was gorgeous. A little slick with the mud and wet leaves. Sat there for about an hour then hiked back out. Moderately hard coming back out, but worth every step. I hate that I waited so long to hike this.

We accessed trial via Girault Jones Rd. This is not the start of the official trail but it’s a good trailhead nonetheless There’s a “no parking” sign at end of cul de sac. There are several new homes and the sign looked new. No problem. We just parked up the street a few houses without problem. Neighbors are aware there’s a trail so jokers are not a surprise The trail from road to falls is fine and not too strenuous for moderately fit folks. Stay on the trail. It is tempting to consider shortcuts but the stones and fallen trees make for very tough hiking. I now know this firsthand. Beautiful falls worth the trek

Great falls at half way point

Not too bad in difficulty but very rocky so wear appropriate shoes. Big beautiful falls if you go all the way down. There’s also a cave just past the falls with the stream running through it

Great short hike! The falls was a trickle, but still super pretty! Beautiful views of the valley and all of the trees.

I had a bit of difficulty finding the trail head, but with a little exploring and the help of some nice gentlemen who were biking, I finally found the falls. I parked at the dog park, and hiked down to the falls. I wish they had been more than a trickle, but I will go back after a good rain.

Tough but worth it. YSR

Nice trail, a mix of easy and moderate. Park at Lake Cheston, follow sign to Perimeter Trail 0.3 miles, cross road and continue 0.7 miles to falls, which are quite unique.

a hidden gem.

This is a 4.5 mile out and back trail located near Sewanee, Tennessee. It is a moderately difficult trail with multiple water crossings on bridges and it terminates at a beautiful waterfall.

Tue May 07 2019

Beautiful

Sat Apr 27 2019

There's parking at Cheston Lake Pavillion, so I would suggest to map yourself to there if you want to do this trail. Also the connector trail from the lake to the trailhead is 0.3mi and the trail itself is 0.7mi. So the mileage is correct as long as you park here instead of where AllTrails directs you.

Tue Apr 16 2019

Great hike, got on the trail walking from close by lake Cheston. Easy to find! Beautiful local falls!

Sat Mar 30 2019

We used the directions off this map and it took us no where near the trail head we walk around and tried getting our map batting’s together, I should have read reviews but we were just spending the day there and then got discouraged when we couldn’t find it.. I really wanted to do it since it’s a short but beautiful hike.. I’ll keep it on my list to do next time we are that way..

Sat Mar 16 2019

Great morning start. About 1 mile down and 1 back up. The falls were beautiful as were the rock hangings along the way. A bit of rocky trail, but totally manageable.

Mon Dec 31 2018

Make sure to go after heavy rain! Yes it was muddy, slippery and wet but the waterfall was running beautifully! It’s not a hard hike but can be slippery after the ran, the rock formations around the trail are amazing. I only gave it a 4 stars because it’s hard to find the start of the trail but once you’re on the trail it’s easy to follow! Read an earlier review with exact directions - we can’t wait to go back!

Wed Nov 28 2018

The trailhead was pretty challenging to find because the signs were a little misleading. You actually do hug the rock face to your left after crossing the bridge over the creek. The rock formations to your right as you start the trail are incredible and conjure up all kinds of intrigue. The trail down to the falls is pretty steep and slippery when muddy. The falls are truly breathtaking though!

Sun Oct 28 2018

Our family waited until after a night of rain todo this hike, based on some of the advice we read in other reviews. We’re glad we did. The falls were slightly more than a trickle...lovely, but might have been dry if we’d gone the day before the rain. The trailhead, as others mentioned was confusing to find, but GPS and this trail map helped. Our 17 yr old did go down the cave-like hole to get to the very bottom of the falls. It made this mother a nervous wreck, because he had trouble getting back up & out! I would not advise doing that alone without someone, or a rope or both, to help you. Overall, beautiful hike we will do again!

Sat Oct 06 2018

No clue where the trailhead is, but nice trail.

Tue Jun 05 2018

Waterfall was very pretty! It was a little confusing to find the trail head but after we did... it was a nice hike with lots of great things to see! I really liked this hiking trail. Trail continues after you reach Bridal Veil Falls but we didn't have time to explore any further, which gives me a reason to come back.

Tue May 08 2018

The trails and waterfalls were awesome! I didn’t give five starts because we had to ask where the trail head began. The app GPS took us to a parking lot which is great. We walked maybe a couple blocks to the trail head. Once we got there everything was good. Trails are marked well. Challenging for someone not used to it.

Sat Apr 21 2018

This waterfall is beautiful after a good rain, during a drought it’s just a trickle. This trail has some beautiful wildflowers as well.