Boyd Gap to Brush Creek Trail

Boyd Gap to Brush Creek Trail is a 13 mile out and back trail located near Copperhill, Tennessee that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

1965 feet

Started trial at brush creek and ended at Boyd gap parking lot then easy down hill on road back to parking. Overall good ride fairly easy with the exception on the last couple of miles.

Fast and flowy trail with many elevation changes. Great trail which never gets boring.

Friday, September 16, 2016

good trail but too many bicyclist

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Friday, June 10, 2016

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Great hike with views of the river. We parked at Boyd Gap parking area and took the Brush Creek Trail head on the left side. Do the full loop to get the river views. The parking area had a pretty spectacular view of the mountains as well.

Monday, May 09, 2016

Thursday, April 28, 2016

I've only done the brush creek to boyd gap run on my bike, but it's a really fun ride. it is not a one way trail though and is a popular biking spot especially on weekends, so going around blind curves is a little scary. Aside from potential collisions, it is nice.

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Let me start by saying. I believe there is a discrepancy in the trail name. I believe this trail is actually Brush Creek Trail. There is also a discrepancy in the distance. Here it's listed as 8.4 which seems accurate. Signs posted by USFS call it 6.8 and Trail map says 7. You be the judge. We started at the HWY 64 parking lot and walked up to Boyd Gap Parking Area. The hike itself is easy with little elevation change until the end. It meanders around and over Ocoee Lake with several views of the lake. We went around the spur and took a break at Boyd Gap. Being this close to the Sheep Top mountaintop we went ahead and went to the top then went back to 64 parking lot. We took the short trail back and cut up a FS road to make the round trip about 11.5 miles. Although it's labeled a mountain bike trail we only encountered one couple on bikes. Otherwise we had the trail to ourselves.