Bluff Trail

Bluff Trail is a 8.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Chattanooga, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Tons of shade! May get a little crowded in the summer because of the tourist location.

first time on this trail. Very nice view of the valley and skyline. Trail is pretty easy. Started and finished at Sunset Rock. Access to SR is a bit more tough with lots of stone steps to be aware of footing.

Right IN Chattanooga, which is hard to find in many cities, this trail goes around the mountain and is very pretty. We did the full 9 miles but the best part was a very quick and steep hike up to Sunset Rock, directly up the hill with clear marked signs. If I did hikes multiple times, I would do it again for sure. Enjoy!

AWESOME TRAIL! Lots of variety. Beware of long stretches of ice in the winter

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Tourists.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Cool trails. Really high and windy. Got to play for a long time in the leaves before we went home!

Saturday, February 11, 2017

It was a very windy day, but still very cool! We were up really high, too!!

Sunday, September 04, 2016

We hiked this trail from Cravens house, we will definitely be back!

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Point Park is a bit of a tourist trap, pay to park every day, $5 per person. Nice views and all but not for someone trying to get away.

Monday, March 21, 2016

My family and I really enjoyed this trail. We met a few people along the way who are locals that helped us navigate the trail and showed us some neat places we otherwise wouldn't have gotten to see without the help that they provided us. I would have wanted to see more signage just to help navigate the trail or to know the distance that we traveled but overall we really enjoyed the view and the waterfalls within this trail.

Friday, October 09, 2015

Great, easy walk with super views and some climbing along the way.

Wednesday, August 05, 2015

We only went up to sunset rock, which according to the signs, was supposed to be just a mile. My fitbit disagreed, measuring it at about 2 miles. The trail has gotten slightly overgrown, and there was at least one snake. Rocky in a few areas. We got almost back to point park before it started to seriously storm. Very pretty view, but not my favorite.

Saturday, August 01, 2015

the directions to this trail is not correct they go to the blue blazes trail

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

It wasn't quite spring, my 2 year old did fine until the very end.

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Followed the directions for this trail but it took us to Blue Blazes Trail? Blue Blazes was great, short. Hoping to find Bluff Trail next time.

Saturday, September 20, 2014

some parts of the trail were very narrow with steep drops, use caution when hiking this trail but it was an amazing hike with incredible views. definitely worth the hike.

Saturday, September 20, 2014

This trail is awesome . Went from Point Park to Giants Niche and back(6.67 miles). Beautiful views, awesome rock formations, and beautiful sandstone bluffs. Lots of climbers down at Giants Niche. Highly recommend this trail. Oh make sure to take the short trail up to Sunset Rock, view is well worth the climb. Will definitely be back, this is a new favorite.

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Been doing this hike since I went to school there in 1972. Sunset rock can be amazing at the right times. Point park and Cravens House are history still. Covenant was an old hotel converted to a Reformed Presbyterian school. One of my alma maters.

Monday, April 14, 2014

Started this trail at Point Park. Great views of Chattanooga. Hiked to Sunset Rock, which is worth the diversion from the main trail. Continued onward to Giant's Niche and watched some rock climbers. Then went to Covenant College. Turned around there and followed the same trail back. Nice views all along the trail. Easy hike and a little rocky.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Beautiful hike. Peaceful. Good workout. Amazing views.

Sunday, February 02, 2014

One of the best trails in Chattanooga! Great for trail running too. Amazing views along trail, at Sunset Rock, and everywhere in between. Take the trail down to Skyuka Spring and get to see one of the bigger natural springs I've come across. It's delicious too =]

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Parked at the Craven House and hiked the connector trail (Craven Trail) to the Bluff Trail. I really enjoyed the Bluff trail because it has great views. I believe the trail is rated an easy/moderate with the National Park service and I would say that's fairly accurate but it is very rocky. The trail is narrow in some parts but very managable. The Park service has put up barricades on some of the worst parts closest to the edge. It is possible to climb the stairs to Sunset Rock from the trail but the stone staircase isn't in the greatest condition. I don't recommend allowing small children to tag along because it woulnd't take much to loose your footing in some places.

Monday, September 16, 2013

Took an unplanned hike here after visiting rock city and point park. Great vistas. Got to socialize with several climbers who were ascending the bluff at various spots along the trail. Hiked from point park down to sunset rock and back. (About 2.5 miles). Great side trip after visiting Rock City.

Friday, June 21, 2013

they need to trim up the trail big time but great wildlife viewing

Tuesday, June 27, 2017