Blue Hole Falls

Blue Hole Falls is a 0.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Elizabethton, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.5 miles Elevation Gain: 137 feet Route Type: Loop

Take Highway 91 east (NE) out of Elizabethton, TN about 10 miles. Turn left onto Panhandle Road at the brown national forest sign for "Blue Hole." 36.4328833 -82.0725833

very dirty

Swimming hole is just as you park. If it has rained not a good place for little ones as it is slick. Also water to swift for little ones to even get wet. Might try again sometime but doubt it.

This was a nice short hike. I will definitely go back to swim one day with my kids. It’s a little steep and muddy in spots but picturesque and peaceful. We hiked down the stream some and found several other small waterfalls and I would love to explore further down when I have more time.

This is not an easy hike for older folks. It is a very short trail to a small water fall. The trail has many roots and has very steep stairs before you get to the falls. The only thing that made the trip interesting for us were the young people jumping off a high cliff into the small pool of water. I wouldn’t waste my time on this one again.

I recommend this trail and will definitely be back there. Falls are picturesque and many place to swim and splash! Beautiful rock outcrops for my rock climbing friends! Trail is a little steep in spots but worth it!!!

Easy hike. Very pretty falls. Great place for kids to swim and play.

Two trails when you pull in, one on the right and left. the one on the right leads to the water falls. it's very steep and less than a 10 min walk from the car. if you have small children you'll need to help them down most of the way and watch them to keep them from falling because if they did it would be bad.

They always said Mother Knows Best! My mother and my athletic boyfriend both encouraged me not to do this... they were right ...very easy if you're thin and athletic not so much if you're short and fat like me! like everyone else said stairs are steep it's very rooty and overall I was really disappointed... I did go to the left when I first got there and was able to get on the cliff and see the hole and falls. good thing I got lost though cuz I found some waterfalls and cascades I probably would have not seen otherwise... lol

Nice falls. No sign so we were confused and drove up the hill for about 10 mins. It is the very first little lot to the left. Easy but steep. Does not take long to do.

Super easy but breathtaking. If you’re into rock climbing I highly recommended doing so there.

Really enjoyed this trail. After the first fall we followed the trails through the water and found a few more really beautiful areas.

it's a very short Walk to the falls buts it's nice. the kids enjoyed it. it can get crowded but that's expected. rate it 8/10 just because we do prefer a lounger hike.

Absolutely beautiful waterfalls, the trail is easy in my opinion, but there are other trails nearby that can get get tough. Please visit if you’re looking for an easy hike to a waterfall! Kid friendly! My little one loved it.

Easy access to an impressive water fall. Kid friendly. Was a nice activity to do on a rainy day. The Forest canopy kept us fairly dry.

I would definitely recommend this trail to anyone! It’s easy to travel and dog friendly! My brother and I had an amazing time!!

Beautiful trail with falls . Small trip down set of stairs too see this beautiful water fall , along with few other falls . We have swam in this hole a few times , great for small hike or family . There is a path that wraps around the falls too . Great spot !

Only go here if you want to see beautiful, unique waterfalls. Not much of a hike.

awesome falls but pretty busy and kind of dirty with trash

Road was washed out today when we drove all the way from athens. bummer.

nice walk in December fall running good small parking lot very challenging steps but worth it

Very pretty trail. Beautiful views of the water. stairs leading to fall are very steep and slippery when covered in leaves. Definitely a return hike

This has to he one of my favorites! Short little walk, some wide steps to take, and then your there! I took my Mom who has back problems and then steps were a little bit of an issue, but she did it and loved this one as well! My only downfall to it is that it is overly crowded. At the parking lot you go to the right to go to the falls. If you go to the left, you see the higher views! You are literally standing on the side if a cliff so be careful with dogs. That part was very easy but easy to miss the path too so be careful. The road driving to the parking lot is gravel and bumpy. My little car did okay but I dont think I will stress it like that again.

Really short little treck with rewarding scenery! The watering holes were gorgeous and nice for a quick dip!

Amazing little spot to cool off. Very short trek to the first and primary falls. If you follow the creek down on the left side, there's another fall about .3 miles down. That one was my favorite of the 2, and it has a small little pool to get in about waist deep. Trail is accessible for older crowds and children. Rocks are slippery, so take caution.

have been here a lot of times over the years. Like to go at different ti.es of the year. Really pretry in the winter with ice on and around. The hike itself is real easy except for the far apart steps make it a little harder on people with short legs. Cold water but real nice to swim in when it is hot out

The trail was very steep, but very short. There are lots of roots and rocks, so this may not be great if you don’t have good balance. The water was icy, but very pretty. Great views and opportunities to climb around on the rocks.

Excellent rock stacking opportunities, truly a hidden gem.

Extremely short walk to the falls, but very steep stairs going down. Plenty of great fall photo opportunities.