Big Hill Pond Trail

Big Hill Pond Trail is a 7.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Pocahontas, Tennessee that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Trail that got me into hiking

I just did an 'out and back' hike to the Tuscumbia Shelter, a little over 6 mi RT. Lots of wildlife, saw 12 deer, ducks, geese and listened to owls all night while camping at the CG. Climbed the firetower for some awesome views. Good trail, well marked, varied terrain.

Very scenic trail. Good trail markings. The park rangers were very helpful.

Great trail!

Awesome trail!

I have hiked this trail so many times I can't keep count

Monday, October 31, 2016

Loved it! Awesome view! Needs a little upkeep on Boardwalk, but was definable worth the hike! Watch out for snakes...walked up on a large Cottonmouth...threw him back down hill.

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

The hike was awesome. The view from the observation tower was even better! Can't wait to go back.

Monday, August 01, 2016

Had fun, good hike. I ended up getting mixed up because I thought the BHP trail was going to take me around the lake but it did not. Had to walk through the woods for a while until I found the horse trail, which brought me back.

Monday, May 16, 2016

My husband and I went here today and we really enjoyed ourselves. The trails were really well kept, there were a few steep climbs, but it was well worth it!! I would def recommend anyone wanting to enjoy a nice nature walk/hike to go here :)

Sunday, February 28, 2016