Big Bald via Appalachian Trail

Big Bald via Appalachian Trail is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Erwin, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

I wasn't able to do this trail because these directions are incorrect. They don't take you directly do a trailhead. I googled where the trail was and it ended up taking me to a private property with security who did not let me through. They told me to go to Sam's Gap on the AT and that I could get to big bald from there, but I never saw signs for it anywhere. I wouldn't use AllTrails for this particular route but there are others out there

On the way a group of deer kept me company. Made it to the top just in time to set up camp and watch the sunset. Completely alone at night, watching the towns twinkling far below made me feel like I was the king of the world!

Sunday, October 16, 2016