Benton Falls Trail is a 3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Reliance, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.0 miles Elevation Gain: 291 feet Route Type: Out & Back

fee

As of May, 2020, users have reported that the gate is closed so you have to walk about half a mile to the trail head. You can park at the recreation area by the lake. $3 day use fee.

Easy and quick hike to a GORGEOUS waterfall. We went right after a rainstorm so the falls were super dramatic. Highly recommend doing this if you don’t mind a muddy trail

fee

easy hike to falls with some steps towards the end, slightlu uphill most of way back. parking at the trailhead is now reopened, get there early for a spot, gorgeous falls, pictures don't do it justice

fee

Double check your directions, the arrows on the trail can be confusing. The waterfall is in the shade for most of the day.

Had to hike in from the Gazebo overlook because of the Campground being closed.

So much fun. Beautiful falls. Will hike again.

Closed but was able to park on a pull off and walk through the woods to the trail head. Very busy today.

Gate was closed so we had to walk about half a mile to the trail head/ camp area. Awesome hike and amazing waterfall. Highly recommend

It was a beautiful trail to enjoy with your friends, family, or dogs. I recommend wearing comfortable shoes because I did experience the effect of not doing so. The falls are gorgeous and there are a lot of rocks to take a rest at when you make it there. The lake is great as well. I will go back!

This is the second time I have hiked this trail and it did have a lot of small debris on the trail but we also just had storms come through. It was still a beautiful hike. The trailhead was closed but you can park at the gazebo and start the trail across the road and it links to the falls trail. It adds one mile (.5 in .5 out) to the trail so that’s something to be aware of. But it’s so beautiful. One of my favorite hikes.

The parking area to the trail is closed however, we parked one half a mile up the road from the Trail head and had an extended hike. Great hike. Lots of spring wildflowers. The Beginning of the hike is not clearly marked. It is best to walk below the public restrooms and turn right. Go straight along the edge of the little lake (not towards the beach). You Will be on the trail at this point and from this point forward it is very easy to follow.

I really enjoyed this nice trail, it’s mostly downhill to the falls and what a view these falls are! Will definitely do it again-

Not sure that it is accurate to say that the trail is closed. Campgrounds and facilities in the Cherokee National Forest ARE closed. The trailhead is located in a campground. The turn-off to reach the campground is gated and it is about 1/2 mile from the gate to the campground. But I talked to a forest ranger on 4/3/20 and he said that if I wanted to park off the road and walk in, I could hike the trail. So, I did. It added 1 mile round trip. On the trail I saw one other hiker and a group of mountain bikers (there are many interconnecting trails in the forest, so don't know where the came from or where headed). The trail is easy, except for the last couple hundred yards to the falls. The falls were spectacular and I had them all to myself. On the return I hiked portions of the Clemmer, Slick Rock Hancock Loop, Slick Rock Laurel Loop and Slick Rock Naked Widow Loop to make a loop hike back to the campground and out to the main road.

Perfect! Really a popular trail based off the amount of people we saw on a Thursday. And a lot of bikers

Little muddy today but the path is well worn with a few shallow puddles in places. Rock Creek Falls looked amazing just after the rains. This is what the old timers call this waterfall.

it was lit fam

Nice hike. Trail is maintained well and portion near waterfall is easy to navigate. Suggest coming from highway 64 vs 441 to avoid gravel switchback.

Great day for this hike , the falls were beautiful! Our dog really enjoy this easy hike! The Google maps leading to this trailhead take you on a washed out road, you do not have to go this way, just drive down to Ocoee Hiwassee Ranger Station it 7 miles from here! Much better road!

flooded

Easy trail, beautiful waterfall...what’s not to love?!

Great hike - well maintained, easy trail with a larger than anticipated waterfall!

This was a great hike! My 8 year old daughter thoroughly enjoyed herself, and the falls were beautiful!!

Not many markings along the route, trust the blue marks on the trees and yourself.

Great trail a lot of sand and rocks and leaves down hill all the way but the last 300 yards are the most spectacular there’s a great handrail going down about 3/4 of the steps and then they also have stone steps all the way down my dogs loved it I did as well

fee

Great trail to the waterfall and plenty of other trail opportunities to hike down. The waterfall was beautiful. 3 mile hike to the waterfall round trip so it wasn’t too bad. Will go back just to check out the other trails.

Beautiful falls. The trail was not bad at all. The path was pretty worn so there must be a lot of traffic in the summer months. We met about 8 or so people on our late afternoon trip.