Benton Falls Trail

Benton Falls Trail is a 3.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Reliance, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

whitewater kayaking

old growth

4 minutes ago

Done it twice now. First time there was snow on the ground and only a few people. Went again a few weekends ago and the place was slammed. Beautiful falls, but you'll be right on top of people in the spring/summer.

The view at the falls makes it worth the hike. Starting point of the trail is good also, as you have access to grills, bathrooms, a lake for swimming and a small sandy area to relax and be lazy.

I hiked the trail, to Benton falls, today. this is a beautiful, waterfall. the trail is a well keep trail. I hiked about, a mile and half, past the falls.the trail remained, in good condition. there are a lot if people, on this trail. I saw more than 20 people on the trail.

Hiked the Benton Falls trail for the first time today. Weather was beautiful, not too crowded and the falls were amazing. The only negatives I have are the beginning of the trail is not marked very well. The climb down to the falls and back out are not easy. Would definitely hike it again.

I loved it my 14 year old 9 year old also loved it great trail for bike riding

Very nice trails although the signs/arrows are a bit confusing at the start. Beautiful falls.

WOULD HAVE GIVEN IT A BETTER SCORE BUT IT WAS TO DANG CROWDED BO

Very easy hike. Even with little kids. When you get to the end it gets a little hairy. But not horrible. Seems like it's popular to bring your dogs there.

We had a great day hiking with friends to Benton Falls located in the Chilhowee Recreation Park/Campground. It's an easy/moderate hike that only took 30-40 minutes one way. Take your lunch and have a picnic on one of the rocks below the falls. When you are driving to Benton Falls/Chilhowee Recreation be sure to take the road that leads up from the Ocoee River (Oswald Dome Road off of Hwy 64). Don't take the road that leads in from Benton (Benton Springs Road)!! Your Gps will probably send you on Benton Springs. You will regret it if you go the Benton springs road route. The scenic views on Oswald Dome are incredible on the way up to Chilhowee Recreation.

I am not an experienced hiker by any means. Coming from the Knoxville area the GPS took us on a dirt road through the mountain, not the worst of dirt roads, but after we left we took the path. that was an extra few minutes, very scenic drive by the way. Now about the trail and falls. The hike itself was fairly easy, we got there fairly early so there was very few people there, seen maybe 10 total before we made it back. The signage could be better and more helpful. We decided to hike a little beyond the falls and that ended up being a very long detour, ha. not an awful detour but I was never certain where I was. Having a map on hand or a small map at the signs could have been helpful. There was a small amount of trash around, but nowhere near as bad as some of the other reviews from years ago. There are numerous trails that are accessible at this location, so the hike can go from easy to moderate fairly easy if someone wanted it to. Worth the drive and time spent here.

It was a great hike. I went with a group of guys that go to Lee University and the waterfall was beautiful. We went after it had rained the past couple of days so the water fall was pretty large. I would recommend to all.

Beautiful

Beautiful! If you continue on past the falls you can find many trails of differing skill levels all well marked and with beautiful trails.