Bells Bend Loop Trail

Bells Bend Loop Trail is a 4.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Nashville, Tennessee that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Bells Bend Outdoor Center 4187 Old Hickory Blvd Nashville, TN 37218

A great spot if you're looking for something more quiet. I went on a beautiful Saturday in September and saw no one else on the trail. Make sure to bring bug spray. As the trail neared the river I was covered in giant mosquitos. But a great spot for a nice walk with the dog or an easy trail run. Also, I was pleasantly surprised to see that there's a small outdoor bouldering wall next to the nature center!

Least favorite park in TN. The grass trails all intersect and don't have markers,along it confusing and easy to get lost. The wooded trails are covered in spiderwebs. After an hour wandering around this park, I left covered in chiggers and spiderwebs.

My favorite place for a walk in Nashville

There was no scenery or anything. I guess it could be good for someone who likes to walk unpaved trails and lives close by, but it wasn't worth driving an hour for. We mainly went to get pictures of the barn, so that was neat, but nothing else, really.

Multiple options for trail length, fairly flat or with hills.

Didn't love this hike. We just sort of wandered through a bunch of fields.

Has more of the feel that you're meandering thru a series of fields, rather than hiking an actual trail. Not necessarily a bad thing. A different vibe than other middle Tennessee parks. Great for bird watching. I find myself returning once or twice each season.

boring

Good spot for a quick run with a few good hills. Also pretty good terrain for younger trail runners still finding "their legs".

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Peaceful trail. Easy to do, basically no elevation changes. Went on a hot Saturday afternoon and only saw one other person. It's pretty open, so not many shady spots. We were pretty roasted by the end. Overall an easy, quiet little trail.