Beech Bottom Trail

Beech Bottom Trail is a 7.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Alaculsy, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Note: Shorter road to trailhead is in terrible condition and washed out. Beech bottoms Trail is a short trail (approx. 4mi) that is used primarily as a day hike access trail to the Jacks River Falls. It is a wide, easy trail to follow with mild inclines and declines. It has several spots where you can see out over the Jacks River valley and is a highly recommended trail.

Great hike and day at Jack's River Falls! Volunteered with the 12 Conasauga District Trail Volunteers to maintain the water bars and clear the trail of overgrowth and blow downs. We were able to make it all the way down the the river crossing below the falls. The rainy weather on the way out will add to the memories of the Cohutta's!! Anyone interested in volunteering on a USFS volunteer trail crew check us out on meet-up.com

Check out Cohutta Wilderness Trail Volunteers http://meetu.ps/c/2KLNS/wVCKL/a

One of my family's favorite trails. It's around 7.5 miles round trip depending on if you take the trail loop around the bottoms or take the trail that cuts through them. The bottoms trails is a bit difficult to find if you're not familiar with it but it's super easy once you know where it's at, and either way if you don't find it, just follow the creek to the falls. My kids started hiking this when they were 4 so just about anyone can do it. It does have some slight up hill portions but they are fairly gradual and aren't too bad. You used to be able to camp at the falls but too many people not cleaning up their camp sites ruined that. Once you get to the river following it down river will take you back out to the main gravel road to the Iron Bridge and up river will take you back towards blue ridge and the Benton mackaye trails.

Nice trail. It is a longer trail but pretty easy. When you come to the point in the trail where the river is in front of you and you can only go right or left. Go right there will be a sign in a tree that says "no horses beyond this point" and some trees that are down. The falls are about half a mile down the river. Others have complained about the road up to trail but it's really not that bad, it's just long. It's a mountain road, not all roads will be paved. We even saw a little Ford Focus do it.

A great day hike to get to Jack's River Falls. It is full of shortcuts if you look for them.

The best day hike in Georgia

awesome weekend beautiful place highly recommended even in the rain. leaves a big impression.

an amazing hike

I LOVE THIS TRAIL MY FAVORITE

After unsuccessfully attempting the Jack's River Trail one cold January Friday, I found myself looking for more hiking in the Cohutta Wilderness area of the Chattahoochee National Forest. Driving around a bit on the old mountain roads, I came across the Beech Bottom Trail and decided to give it a go.

My dog and I began at the trailhead around 1:15 p.m. and made our way down the mountains to the river below in about two hours. On the way, we spotted what at first appeared to be a large bear rummaging in the grass and dirt beside the trail, but as it picked up its head and investigate us, it became apparent that it was an incredibly large boar. My dog barked at it as it fled through the woods down the trail. As we continued toward the falls, we made as much noise as possible to make sure we were left alone.

The trail had suffered several tree fallings recently, and some sections of the trail were very difficult to navigate because of this.

The elevation gains and losses were severe but spaced out far enough that only a few places were strenuous.

I enjoyed this trail greatly and wish we had more time to explore the abandoned campsites (camping at the river is prohibited) and falls. In total, I hiked just over 12 miles in roughly four hours with a few short water breaks.

I'd love to experience this trail again in the Spring when the leaves are lush and the forest is more alive.

Highly recommended trail, but give yourself more than four hours to truly enjoy it.

Did an overnight from Beech Bottoms Trailhead to Jack's River Falls. Camping is prohibited in all the good places so that was a bummer.

easy and shortest route to falls, for worse. the road is nothing bad if you are a decently intelligent driver.

easiest way to the waterfalls. sadly.

As others have mentioned, the road to get there was rough. Seriously bumpy gravel. I'd recommend an awd car. Do-able in a small sedan, but definitely an adventure.
The hike itself was nice. Not too difficult. The falls were beautiful. We went on a fairly hot day, so we jumped in to cool off before lunch. Tons of fun.

great hike in. found the falls, did some camping. was great to get off the grid for the weekend.