Beech Bottom Trail

Beech Bottom Trail is a 7.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Alaculsy, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Note: Shorter road to trailhead is in terrible condition and washed out. Beech bottoms Trail is a short trail (approx. 4mi) that is used primarily as a day hike access trail to the Jacks River Falls. It is a wide, easy trail to follow with mild inclines and declines. It has several spots where you can see out over the Jacks River valley and is a highly recommended trail.

A great day hike to get to Jack's River Falls. It is full of shortcuts if you look for them.

The best day hike in Georgia

awesome weekend beautiful place highly recommended even in the rain. leaves a big impression.

an amazing hike

I LOVE THIS TRAIL MY FAVORITE

After unsuccessfully attempting the Jack's River Trail one cold January Friday, I found myself looking for more hiking in the Cohutta Wilderness area of the Chattahoochee National Forest. Driving around a bit on the old mountain roads, I came across the Beech Bottom Trail and decided to give it a go.

My dog and I began at the trailhead around 1:15 p.m. and made our way down the mountains to the river below in about two hours. On the way, we spotted what at first appeared to be a large bear rummaging in the grass and dirt beside the trail, but as it picked up its head and investigate us, it became apparent that it was an incredibly large boar. My dog barked at it as it fled through the woods down the trail. As we continued toward the falls, we made as much noise as possible to make sure we were left alone.

The trail had suffered several tree fallings recently, and some sections of the trail were very difficult to navigate because of this.

The elevation gains and losses were severe but spaced out far enough that only a few places were strenuous.

I enjoyed this trail greatly and wish we had more time to explore the abandoned campsites (camping at the river is prohibited) and falls. In total, I hiked just over 12 miles in roughly four hours with a few short water breaks.

I'd love to experience this trail again in the Spring when the leaves are lush and the forest is more alive.

Highly recommended trail, but give yourself more than four hours to truly enjoy it.

Did an overnight from Beech Bottoms Trailhead to Jack's River Falls. Camping is prohibited in all the good places so that was a bummer.

easy and shortest route to falls, for worse. the road is nothing bad if you are a decently intelligent driver.

easiest way to the waterfalls. sadly.

As others have mentioned, the road to get there was rough. Seriously bumpy gravel. I'd recommend an awd car. Do-able in a small sedan, but definitely an adventure.
The hike itself was nice. Not too difficult. The falls were beautiful. We went on a fairly hot day, so we jumped in to cool off before lunch. Tons of fun.

great hike in. found the falls, did some camping. was great to get off the grid for the weekend.

Attempted this hike last week, however I never found the falls. I started late so didn't want to spend a lot of time searching to avoid hiking back when it was getting dark. I will try it again when I return to Georgia.