Bee Rock Overlook [PRIVATE PROPERTY]

Bee Rock Overlook [PRIVATE PROPERTY] is a 0.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Monterey, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

private property

NOTE TO VISITORS: This trail is on PRIVATE PROPERTY and is only open to the public from 9am - 5pm. Hours are strictly enforced. Please be respectful to the owners as this is privately owned land.

A great short walk rewards you with an amazing view. The rock staircase is a bit challenging but there are side trails if you prefer.

One of the most beautiful views you will find. I can bring my older family members with me on this short hike. Be respectful of this being private property and leave before 5pm. Enough disrespectful hikers and the owner could shut this trail down to people that mind the rules.

I tried taking a visit here a few weeks ago. Drove there from Murfreesboro with my girlfriend only to be rudely told to leave by the woman at the inn. Mainly due to the fact that we arrived at 5 and she said we didn't have enough time to make the hike and be back by closing time. She had no reason to be as rude as she was. I understand they have had issues at this location but to be greeted at an inn with so much hostility seems ridiculous. Bee rock is a beautiful place. But make sure you get there well before it "closes" or you will be met with a great amount of hostility. I wouldn't stay at the garden inn if they paid me to due to how rude this woman was to my girlfriend and I.

love this place wish camping was permitted.

very short, very easy walk to beautiful cliffs!

The owners of the property are hateful and rude, but it's a very beautiful view. Especially in the fall!

Super easy & short trail! Awesome view.

Easy walk. Beautiful spot. Can't wait to go back when everything is green and alive!!

rock climbing

one of my favorite overlooks, visit here frequently

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Very short hike, with great rewards!!! Simply amazing!!

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Nice spot, Short video I made about it:

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Very little effort and a huge reward!! Dog friendly and easy!! Beginning of trail was awkward because it feels like you are at someone's home.

Saturday, October 22, 2016

This is a very short hike (less than a mile total) but has WONDERFUL views toward the end. Not a destination, but the close proximity to I40 makes it a quick add on the front side of another hike. Views - 4.5 stars. Hike itself- 3.

Monday, July 04, 2016

More like a short walk than a hike - easy trail with a bit of stair master rocks towards the end. Breathtaking views - bring some lunch and enjoy the view. We brought the dog but probably wouldn't again, trail isn't long enough to make it worth keeping her restrained while at the top.

Out and back from the trailhead is .66 mile so just don't expect a long hike.

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Short trail, but beautiful view in late October. Some stairmaster climbing near the end.

Monday, May 09, 2016

Very very short. But awesome view with how easy it was to get to. Nice quiet place. You can hear a little buzz from the interstate but not disruptive.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

I'd like to tell you how it was but its worth mentioning the trail has strict hours of operation from 9am to 5pm. We showed up at 5:30pm as another group was coming out of the trail and were very bluntly told of our infractions on his private property and kicked off the premises. He's within his rights to do so and I respect that but I do not have any respect for the way he talked to me and the others present.

Monday, February 29, 2016

Beautiful views! Easy walk to the overlook. I wouldn't recommend taking smaller children just because they could fall off.

Sunday, July 05, 2015

Super easy but totally worth it for a short hike!!

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Happened to be in the area and thought I'd run by for a look. It's a very quick walk from the parking area to the overlook. there were several trees down and some limbs had been cleared. The path has been diverted around larger downed trees so it was still easy to get to the overlook. The temperature was around 92 and there was several insects buzzing about including sweat bees. Maybe the reason for the overlooks name. A very nice view for the area and very easy to get to.