Bear Paw Trail

Bear Paw Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Copperhill, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

great trail for the little ones ... my 7 and 8 year old had no troubles

great trail for little ones ... not too strenuous.......

Nice and easy. Not much to see

Nice little trail. It is part of the larger Tanasi Trail System forking and looping out from the Ocoee Whitewater Visitors Center, Cherokee National Forest, near Copperhead, TN. We also hiked the Chestnut Mountain Loop but I don’t see it listed. We saw families day hiking and mountain bikers. It was Easter Sunday and a beautiful day to enjoy nature. We saw two piliated woodpeckers and the start of wildflowers blooming alongside the trail. Beautiful.

The Ocoee river and the Cherokee forest around it can make for a wonderful day in the woods. We hiked the Bear Paw loop, but also added in the River view loop. For a total of about 7 miles. Both trails offered meandering paths and some incline. I think I would have enjoyed it more on a bike. There wasn't any "oh wow" places and the River View loop lacked it's name sake. We could hear it though :-)

Great hike for families. The Ocoee Whitewater Center and river offers before and after fun for kids.

Steep climbs but fun.

I have great love for this little trail! Many years ago I hiked this trail, which triggered my passion for hiking. I eventually went on to thru-hike the AT and the TRT. Many more thru-hikes planned in my future.
Jackaroo GA to ME '08

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Great trek from the whitewater center, completed several times living in TN.

Tuesday, June 06, 2017

short easy hike

Wednesday, May 03, 2017

I'm a beginner hiker and waited to do this trail until I had conditioned more on flatter trails. There are several steep inclines but well worth the hike. I will definitely hike this trail again.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Steep uphill climb to loop. Nice trail. Good workout.

Friday, June 03, 2016

Great for the family. Need to come back when the flowering trees are blooming, lots of rhododendron along the trail. Would also be nice in the spring with all the little creeks feeding the main river.

Monday, May 09, 2016

This is a lovely, fairly easy trail for anyone looking for a nice walk in the forest. I absolutely adore it.

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

One of the many trails that is part of the Tanasi Trail System. You access the trailhead by crossing the suspension bridge next to the Ocoee Whitewater Center. Parking costs $3 per day. The trail is overall easy, however there are elevation changes. Mostly climb uphill half way (regardless of which direction you take the loop) and downhill the second half. You can hear the river most of the trail but really had few views of it. Not a bad hike by itself, or use it as access to one of several other trails that are part of the system.

Monday, June 22, 2015

I really liked the beauty of this trail. I'm not as in shape as I'd like to be, so it was difficult for me but still worth it. I had to stop a lot on the way, there wasn't any where to sit so I had to sit right on the ground in the middle of the path. That wasn't safe cause bikers and other hikers was also going up and down the trail. If there was anything I'd want different it would be rest spots.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017