Bear Paw Trail is a 1.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Copperhill, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.9 miles Elevation Gain: 334 feet Route Type: Loop

NOTE: It has been reported that the parking lot is CLOSED. Please see the park's website for up to date information.

Parking was closed so I started recording when I left my car. The trail is short, but there is a little climb in elevation. There was not a single human on the trail. Several streams cut under the trail. There was a dry creek bed which could be an issue during really wet months

good Trail my 8 and 5 year old had a fun time on it and was easy for them

this is a nice trail best rode clockwise , easy to intermediate

Great loop trail for young kids

Sun Aug 26 2018

Short, easy, and well maintained trail. Starts and finishes at the Ocoee Whitewater Center. Most interesting part of the hike was walking on the bridge crossing over the Ocoee, otherwise not much to see. If you are looking for a short/easy hike in the area, I would recommend the Rhododendron Trail.

Thu May 24 2018

great trail for the little ones ... my 7 and 8 year old had no troubles

Tue May 22 2018

great trail for little ones ... not too strenuous.......

Sat Apr 07 2018

Nice and easy. Not much to see

Sun Apr 01 2018

Nice little trail. It is part of the larger Tanasi Trail System forking and looping out from the Ocoee Whitewater Visitors Center, Cherokee National Forest, near Copperhead, TN. We also hiked the Chestnut Mountain Loop but I don’t see it listed. We saw families day hiking and mountain bikers. It was Easter Sunday and a beautiful day to enjoy nature. We saw two piliated woodpeckers and the start of wildflowers blooming alongside the trail. Beautiful.

Sat Mar 31 2018

The Ocoee river and the Cherokee forest around it can make for a wonderful day in the woods. We hiked the Bear Paw loop, but also added in the River view loop. For a total of about 7 miles. Both trails offered meandering paths and some incline. I think I would have enjoyed it more on a bike. There wasn't any "oh wow" places and the River View loop lacked it's name sake. We could hear it though :-)

Tue Mar 27 2018

Great hike for families. The Ocoee Whitewater Center and river offers before and after fun for kids.

Thu Oct 05 2017

Steep climbs but fun.

Fri Sep 15 2017

I have great love for this little trail! Many years ago I hiked this trail, which triggered my passion for hiking. I eventually went on to thru-hike the AT and the TRT. Many more thru-hikes planned in my future. Jackaroo GA to ME '08

Wed Jul 05 2017

Great trek from the whitewater center, completed several times living in TN.

Tue Jun 06 2017

short easy hike

Wed May 03 2017

I'm a beginner hiker and waited to do this trail until I had conditioned more on flatter trails. There are several steep inclines but well worth the hike. I will definitely hike this trail again.

Sat Mar 18 2017

Steep uphill climb to loop. Nice trail. Good workout.

Fri Jun 03 2016

Great for the family. Need to come back when the flowering trees are blooming, lots of rhododendron along the trail. Would also be nice in the spring with all the little creeks feeding the main river.

Mon May 09 2016

This is a lovely, fairly easy trail for anyone looking for a nice walk in the forest. I absolutely adore it.

Tue Sep 08 2015

One of the many trails that is part of the Tanasi Trail System. You access the trailhead by crossing the suspension bridge next to the Ocoee Whitewater Center. Parking costs $3 per day. The trail is overall easy, however there are elevation changes. Mostly climb uphill half way (regardless of which direction you take the loop) and downhill the second half. You can hear the river most of the trail but really had few views of it. Not a bad hike by itself, or use it as access to one of several other trails that are part of the system.

Mon Jun 22 2015

I really liked the beauty of this trail. I'm not as in shape as I'd like to be, so it was difficult for me but still worth it. I had to stop a lot on the way, there wasn't any where to sit so I had to sit right on the ground in the middle of the path. That wasn't safe cause bikers and other hikers was also going up and down the trail. If there was anything I'd want different it would be rest spots.

recorded Recording - Feb 15, 01:25 PM