Barfield Wilderness Loop Trail

Barfield Wilderness Loop Trail is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Murfreesboro, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A wonderful trail for dogs. Not to hard and very pretty.

such a great hike. challenging in some areas for sure. well marked. Red trail was great and heard the white trail is the most challenging.

not that easy, but a great little hike in the middle of the city. dont miss it!

Great trail. Wife and I enjoyed very much. Only recommendation is the Rocky Trail, white colored tree markers need repainted badly. Got lost off trail a couple times but will definitely be back regardless.

the day was too humid to really enjoy, but the trail is well marked and is relaxing once you can escape the flood of people at the front. the rocky trail part was challenging due to the up and down nature of it. my Fitbit thought I had done 36 flights of stairs!

Had a great time we were
Challenged

I know a lot of people love this trail, and honestly I hate rating trails bad because I know there’s always a lot at play, but I can genuinely say this is just not a good trail. Views are very mediocre, trail is terribly wonky and poorly marked, and it’s very crowded. So I know a lot of people like it, but if you are like me and carry a camera and huge backpack, just avoid this place. I took no pictures and I got stared at strangely by the hundreds of tweens walking this trail to try and find a place to “hang out” away from mom and dad.

Very pretty in places, need to get on to riverwalk or valley view to obtain some solitude. One turn is easy to miss and you end up on private property, but signs tell you quickly and well marked on the turnaround. Today was too muggy to enjoy it though.

Overall, good hike. Only thing like it in the Boro. The main trail - Marshall Knobbs - is less than 3 miles... you have to take BOTH side trails; Valley View and Rocky Path - to get it over 4- close to 5.

Hiked this entire loop counterclockwise. River was gorgeous and shallow enough to wide to the opposite side for a hammock nap! Valley View trail was the typical walk in the woods. After a wrong turn we ended up cliff side US-231. My favorite on this loop was the Rocky Path trail, appropriately named. Most challenging and fun part of the hike. Much like a typical South Cumberland trail.
Would highly recommend this trail if you’re in the area. After a couple wrong turns we clocked 5.51 miles. Nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

Great hike. Make sure to take the Rocky Path for more of a challenge.

Great trail that I would rate as intermediate. Some of the Rocky Path section were a little above beginner.
I will make this hike again!

Love it. The first part about 0.8 mile reminds me Charlies bunion via AT.

It’s a great trail to walk/hike.

If you are a first time visitor this isn’t a designed single loop, it’s connecting a couple trails to make a loop. From the nature center building go right for stream / river first or left for rock formations first. If you go right the trail goes Red-Blue-White-Red as the color to follow. Basically stay to the right at all forks.

This trail is perfect for light to moderate exercising. Our dog loves it. We came here for light training a few times for a one night hiking/camping trip the following week.

Great differing trails, good beginner trail with some nice views for vets.

Great place for a hike with kids.

Good hike. Kinda rugged. Dirt paths may not be suitable for young kids.

Rocky path in parts. great trail!

For a local park, it's a great place to hike with the pups. Also fun for a trail run...

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Nice local easy day trail. Not much to see besides a nice stream. Average day hike. Well maintained.

Sunday, December 03, 2017

This is a fun, interesting loop trail with woods, a stream, lots of rock formations and a few sinkholes. We hiked it in December; I can imagine it would be extra pretty in Spring.

Saturday, November 04, 2017

Great views !! Amazing little gem in the middle of Murfreesboro. What a fabulous park. Trail easy and well marked

Monday, October 30, 2017

Trail is excellent! Quiet and peaceful. I would not rate the Rocky trail as easy by any stretch of the imagination though. We enjoyed the challenge but it certainly was not "easy".

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Love this trail, and all the trails at this park. No heavy traffic and very nice scenery.

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Some parts of the trail are quite overgrown, overall wonderful short hike.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

For a city park the diversity in this perimeter trail is awesome. It went from asphalt to dirt path to rock cliffs.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017