Barfield Wilderness Loop Trail

Barfield Wilderness Loop Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Murfreesboro, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail is perfect for light to moderate exercising. Our dog loves it. We came here for light training a few times for a one night hiking/camping trip the following week.

Great differing trails, good beginner trail with some nice views for vets.

Great place for a hike with kids.

Good hike. Kinda rugged. Dirt paths may not be suitable for young kids.

Rocky path in parts. great trail!

For a local park, it's a great place to hike with the pups. Also fun for a trail run...

Nice local easy day trail. Not much to see besides a nice stream. Average day hike. Well maintained.

This is a fun, interesting loop trail with woods, a stream, lots of rock formations and a few sinkholes. We hiked it in December; I can imagine it would be extra pretty in Spring.

Great views !! Amazing little gem in the middle of Murfreesboro. What a fabulous park. Trail easy and well marked

Trail is excellent! Quiet and peaceful. I would not rate the Rocky trail as easy by any stretch of the imagination though. We enjoyed the challenge but it certainly was not "easy".

Love this trail, and all the trails at this park. No heavy traffic and very nice scenery.

Some parts of the trail are quite overgrown, overall wonderful short hike.

For a city park the diversity in this perimeter trail is awesome. It went from asphalt to dirt path to rock cliffs.

Grrat!! loved

Great trail for hiking and a good workout run or ruck.

Beautiful trail! Did 4.25 miles with all the side trails. Very much enjoyed the rocky trail, but there were a few parts where the trail was hard to find and we ended up walking off the main path a little. Overall though, very much enjoyed this trail and plan to return again!!!!!

A great hike and a good run.

Very fun and beautiful :)

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Went today with my two dogs and they loved it. This is out new go to! Very clean and the other hikers were very nice.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Pretty trail-especially the one that goes by the river. It was a little flooded a couple weeks ago when we went but that just added a fun extra challenge.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

Our family is visiting Tennessee from Iowa and found this trail. My three and six year olds hiked the full length trail and loved it! I definitely recommend this trail for all to see, there are even some hidden gems along the way :)

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

This is where I learned I LOVE hiking. My starting line!

Sunday, March 26, 2017

i only do the natural surface. I hike backcountry to the river and keep following the river path to the back side of the campground then go through the campground to the gravel road which leads back to the main path. This leads back to the Wilderness Station.I estimated 3 miles this way.

like the hike as good workout.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

This is the only "back country" type hiking trail in Murfreesboro that I know of. There is some nice grade level changes along the hike and some cool limestone sink holes. You will enjoy jumping over some small rock crevasses on the "The Rocky Path Trail" and a Civil war era rock stacked wall along the "Valley View Trail"...if you live in Rutherford Co. this place is a must. My boys and I visit weekly.

Tuesday, March 07, 2017

We run in this park on a regular basis. Pavement, and natural surface options. Many trails intersect. You can make your run as long or short as you would like. Restrooms and water available during business hours at the wilderness station. Additional facilities are available in other areas of the park.

Monday, February 27, 2017

It was really fun

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Great easy trail for kids!

Friday, February 10, 2017

The trail should be rated Moderate only because of all the limestone surfaces and inconsistent footing. If trail ratings are primarily dictated by elevation change then the trail is Easy. That said, proper footwear (don't wear sneakers/sandals, etc.) in the form of hiking boot/hiking shoots are highly recommended. If the hiker has bad knees, joints, etc., please strongly consider using trekking poles which will provide great assistance in many ways. Experienced hikers will experience a nice hike and we are impressed that such a nice trail exists in town. Overall, the park is great and the nature center does a great job in teaching natural history.

Tuesday, February 07, 2017

love this area and trail!