Barfield Wilderness Loop Trail

Barfield Wilderness Loop Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Murfreesboro, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is where I learned I LOVE hiking. My starting line!

i only do the natural surface. I hike backcountry to the river and keep following the river path to the back side of the campground then go through the campground to the gravel road which leads back to the main path. This leads back to the Wilderness Station.I estimated 3 miles this way.

like the hike as good workout.

This is the only "back country" type hiking trail in Murfreesboro that I know of. There is some nice grade level changes along the hike and some cool limestone sink holes. You will enjoy jumping over some small rock crevasses on the "The Rocky Path Trail" and a Civil war era rock stacked wall along the "Valley View Trail"...if you live in Rutherford Co. this place is a must. My boys and I visit weekly.

We run in this park on a regular basis. Pavement, and natural surface options. Many trails intersect. You can make your run as long or short as you would like. Restrooms and water available during business hours at the wilderness station. Additional facilities are available in other areas of the park.

It was really fun

Great easy trail for kids!

The trail should be rated Moderate only because of all the limestone surfaces and inconsistent footing. If trail ratings are primarily dictated by elevation change then the trail is Easy. That said, proper footwear (don't wear sneakers/sandals, etc.) in the form of hiking boot/hiking shoots are highly recommended. If the hiker has bad knees, joints, etc., please strongly consider using trekking poles which will provide great assistance in many ways. Experienced hikers will experience a nice hike and we are impressed that such a nice trail exists in town. Overall, the park is great and the nature center does a great job in teaching natural history.

love this area and trail!

I am very familiar with every single trail in this park, and I'm beyond impressed. I run here regularly. The park offers everything from nature trails to paved paths to a gravel road through the woods. The paved trails are on rolling hills, with a couple of "false flat" stretches. The hiking / trail running ranges from easy to difficult, so there's something here for everyone. The trails are fairly well marked and well maintained. There are so many out-and-back or loop options I've made out here on the trails and/or paved paths that giving y'all an estimate of the distance of an average route would vary too greatly to be an accurate representation. I can, however, get a minimum of a 3 to 4 mile run in on any route I take (which does not include detours I take onto other trails to make the run longer). Clean bathrooms are located at the visitor center. I highly recommend Barfield Crescent Park!

Great running or hiking trail.

Really enjoyed this trail! Paved, dirt, and rocky trails. Mostly flat trails make it a nice easy walk through the woods. The different surfaces make it perfect for all hiking and walking skill levels.i suggest starting in counter-clockwise direction from Wilderness Center. Great way to get the youngins into hiking. Also a nice little trail system to try out gear before doing bigger hikes ( if you live in the area). I will recommend these trails and return.

Good for getting a little exercise and fresh air, very family/dog friendly, not strenuous nor boring.