Bakers Grove Trail

Bakers Grove Trail is a 3.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Nashville, Tennessee that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail extends off the Volunteer Trail at Long Hunter State Park near Nashville, TN. From about the midway point on the Volunteer loop the trail leaves the loop to follow the shore of Percy Priest lake to two campsites. A nice hike with a destination for lunch or a close to home overnight.

Nice trail with exposed tree roots and rocks - very interesting and beautiful. Scenic views of the lake. On the way back to the parking lot we came upon some deer. Recommend!

This is a great trail. We encountered singles, couples and families - many with dogs on this gorgeous hike. It’s shaded and well marked. Just a great hike (at a steady pace with a couple of brief photo stops it took a family of four with teen boys 1 hour 50 minutes.) Parking is somewhat limited. Only a portolet - no bathroom.

loved going off trail

It was a hot and sunny day but the trail felt nice because of the canopy of trees. You have a nice view of the water a couple times. It was pretty muddy after a light rain but still doable in my Tevas. Feels pretty remote and peaceful with lots of bird, insect, and amphibian noises along the way, however for about 10 minutes when I was close to the water all I could hear was people partying on the water. Nice little 2 hour hike on my own at a semi slow pace. I actually lost my way at one point and learned that I needed to be paying attention to the orange trail markers on the trees. As long as you keep an eye on them it’s very hard to lose your way.

Pleasant hike! lots of nice places to stop and enjoy the water.

Great trail! Views of the lake a majority of the time. Slight elevation changes make this a perfect trail for beginners. Had two dogs that absolutely loved it. Highly recommend.

This is the one of trails you MUST go around Nashville.

Actually this is the Day Loop trail and it's a nice short loop. Some fairly technical sections to keep things interesting for those trying to get a quick run in. If you want to tack on some additional miles you can split off and take the Volunteer Trail out and back then continue.
Note: Limited parking will fill up quick on nice weekends, especially if people are camping. One porta-john but no water available.

Great trail with beautiful views. It would have been helpful to have a couple trash cans on the path, there was a bit of litter.

took 2 hours. it was mostly flat but got pretty tight in the back of the day loop. great for dogs and small kids

I really liked this trail! I took my lady out to hike with me and she did very well! It’s great for dogs and I think kids would do really well on it too under good supervision.

Now if you want super excitement maybe this trail isn’t for you, but nonetheless it is a really good trail.

I feel like there’s a lot of potential on this trail to relax and lose yourself for a while. We got here at 7 and only really encountered a few people towards the end. The scenery changes constantly and it’s just beautiful. Once you make it to the top water side there are a ton of rocks to hang out on. Be careful though!

It was pretty wet as some parts were muddy puddles, so it holds its water.

I’d say it’s a running trail but some areas are tricky. Lady and I ran the last mile or so and I ate dirt once :)

Great help hike
Ez and enjoyable with the kids

This trail was so pretty! Especially during the golden hour. Would definitely recommend it for a nice, easy day hike.

Nice easy hike. Took our 4month old puppy for her first hike here. Pretty heavily traveled , lots of dogs, nice views, shaded.

Short but fun. A few rocky sections to challenge your stride. Well marked. I’d do it again!!

5 stars are for what there's in TN... It is dog friendly, has some elevation and relief to it. Actually, I think they call it Day Loop. I'd say the difficulty is more of easy/moderate, than moderate. Overall, it was an enjoyable hike. It was very lightly trafficked as we went hiking earlier in the morning when it still was pretty chilly.

Great walk through the woods. nice access to the lake. would recommend to anyone that wants to get away. I just did the loop portion of the trail. Trail is very well marked and very clean.

great hike...

Nice lake views! People were having sex in a hammock. It was loud. I think she came too. Great trail!

Nice loop. Dog friendly. For in city, is nice and clean. Either way you go at the fork is easy, but I feel left is easier. Mostly shaded, and on a cool enough day, you could get away with no water. In the 70's today, and if not for the dog, I'd have been fine without.

Day loop trail was lovely and moderate as advertised. Beautiful moss covered rocks and some nice roots and rocks to hike on along the trail. Great view of beautiful lake 80% of trail.

easy loop. great view of the lake. lots of traffic, but several spots you can stop off at the lake. one if my staples close to home.

Great trail. Although stepped in a disgusting gift from a dog at the trailhead. Trail takes you along the lake and past "party cove". Great views. Fun terrain. Lots of other walkers but not so many you feel crowded. Great parking at trailhead. I would recommend as a fun weekend trail.

Easier than listed. Well traveled, lots of hikers with dogs

very easy trail and the best of all the long hunter state park trails

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Easy hike, good for experiencing nature without going too far out of the way. The cliffs overlooking the lake allow for some nice vantage points; however, there are long stretches of flat, wooded trail where there's not much to see. Overall, okay, but wouldn't call it a must-do.

Thursday, May 04, 2017

Short distance hike that offers great views of the lake along the bluffs. Trail was well marked and more easy than moderate. There were very little people on the trail so it made for a nice pace.

Saturday, April 01, 2017

This trail offered a great way to spend an afternoon. The bluffs offered gorgeous views of the lake. The trail is easy enough & is well marked.

Monday, March 27, 2017

Awesome trail. Nice lake views.

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Not a bad hike. Pretty scenery. Really don't think it's a moderate hike, more like easy+. Lol Saw 2 ringneck snakes on the trail (as well as a lot of dog poo), so watch where you step. Overall a decent Trail, although a little crowded.