Point to Point

The trail up to the AT shelter was approximately 4 miles. Our group was three relatively fit adults (20-23), but adult life has taken its toll it seems because it was one of the more grueling hikes we've done in recent memory. Another nearby hike we do regularly is Margarette Falls, but I'd question classifying that as an intermediate trail, whereas I'd rate this one more like intermediate+ to the low-end of difficult.

It was rocky in the beginning segments, and after the first bridge crossing its relatively leisurely, but after the 2nd or 3rd bridge it's straight uphill the rest of the way. At least 2 miles are straight up the side of the mountain. It's beautiful, for sure, even now in the early part of winter.

If you're an experienced hiker, or confident in your level of fitness I wholeheartedly recommend it. It's a fun and pretty trail with variable terrain and isn't *very* heavily traveled, but there were some nice older ladies who put us to shame when we went. We felt like we were dying on the final leg up to the shelter.

I guarantee I will be very sore tomorrow.