Anthony Creek Leadbetter Ridge Loop Trail

Anthony Creek Leadbetter Ridge Loop Trail is a 13.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Townsend, Tennessee that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Townsend: Travel east on Hwy. 321 and turn south on Hwy. 73. Proceed approximately 0.5 miles and turn right onto Laurel Creek Road. Travel west around Cades Cove Loop Road and park at the Cades Cove Picnic Ground Vehicles must leave the area one hour before sunset. To stay overnight, park by the ranger station.

Great!!

Nice peaceful hike. If you plan on camping overnight, I recommend camp site 9 plenty of room and great creek view.

Sunday, September 18, 2016

We rode Anthony Creek couple weeks ago. My group threw out the orange tape tied to sticks to mark the yellow jackets. Problem was we threw them when we hit them so could vary where they landed as we were trying to get out of them. Very mean. I think the bears had been digging in some nest an got them stirred up. Be careful take sting meds. We were on horses.

Monday, September 12, 2016

We took Anthony creek trail to, bote mountain, to lead cove trail because of killer yellow jackets! The hike is pretty strenuous going up and a little more challenging due to it being a horse trail! A group of horses came through and hit a nest and bees went everywhere! Stinging he horses and riders! We were terrified and made a loop to get out! Be very careful, there were supposedly red flags along the trail but we didn't see any until the end!

Sunday, January 10, 2016

This trail is used by horses as well. The climb up can get steep towards the end. The trails is very rocky like most trails around the Cades Cove area. But is has great scenery and foot bridges to cross the stream. There is a great campsite along the trail, but no privacy for using the facilities as the trail goes right above the campsite. I have used this trail as a connector for other hikes.

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Great hike. Strenuous going up to Bote Mountain awesome changes in undergrowth. Trails are Rocky. Small rocks. But other than that a nice hike. 13.2 miles in 6 hrs 10 min with a couple Cliff bar breaks Plenty of camping spots if you're interested

Monday, May 04, 2015

Hiked this to Bote Mtn to AT to Spence Field and and on to Rocky Top. This trail specifically was absolutely gorgeous with all the green coming in. Fairly easy climb to Bote Mountain.

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Hiked this in the same direction as previous reviewers. I found this to be a great hike with mostly easy grades. I loved Spence Field area with its great views. Coming down from Russell I found it to be a little greasy in the snow but a wonderful hike. Overall I would rate this as a great loop hike in either direction.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Difficult trail, made increasingly difficult by the rocks remaining unsettled due to the horse traffic.

Friday, June 01, 2012

We hiked Anthony Creek to Bote Mtn. Trail. We took Bote to Spence Field and down the AT to Russell Field trail. Russell took us back to Anthony and then on to Cades Cove. The first part up to Spence Field was almost all up hill. Once reaching Spence Field the rest of the hike was relatively easy. The total miles were 13.2. It took us 5:48 to complete this hike. The best part of the hike to me was Russell. We ran across many gorgeous flowers and unique mushrooms. There were many giant trees along the way.

Eric and Karen

Friday, February 03, 2012

Despite the rather recent great work to remedy significant erosion on the Bote Mtn Trail,there remains some pretty deep eroded areas on parts of the trail.I like the Lead Cove to Bote Mtn route to Thunderhead as opposed to Anthony Creek although both are nice.For all Tennessee Vol fan hikers,the pilgrimage to Rocky Top should be a yearly requirement.What a neat place and wonderful 360 degree view!

Saturday, October 01, 2011

Actually went from the picnic area at Cades Cove to the the highest peak of Thunderhead, Rocky Top was best. A great challenge for a day hike. Can't wait to do it again. A great hike to see wildlife too. Downside, a huge amount of horse poop on the trail....yuck!!!!!

Wednesday, September 07, 2011