Angel Falls Trail

Angel Falls Trail is a 4 mile out and back trail located near Oneida, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Oneida: Take TN Rout 297 west 10 miles to Leatherwood Ford.

Very nice hike

easy but beautiful hike!!!!

The hike itself was pretty boring. Wish there was a better view of the river. Went down along the rapids on the way back and had a much better view and time. Definitely make your way down to the river to get a better view.

nice trail along the river. Lots of campsites. Just make sure to study the signs and maps before you go in. There's really no signs showing the Angel Falls trail. and look out for copperheads! lots of copperheads

This was a fairly easy hike, the trail was clean and was flat for most of the way. There were a few very slight inclines, but nothing that would cause difficulty. The scenery was beautiful, even with the river being muddy from recent rains. Along the trail there are several spots designated for camping. At the trailhead, a local resident warned us of copperheads in the area, but luckily we did not come across any. There is a lot of foliage, so it would be easy for the copperheads to hide, I would suggest keeping your attention focused when hiking this trail. The trail was approximately 2 miles in and 2 miles back out. The end of the trail there is a small "beach", but it was in rough shape, with several fallen trees and old tires strewn about. It was difficult for us to find a spot to eat lunch at the end, but we managed. There are several very large rock formations along the way, which made the hike worth it. I would definitely hike this again, but some clean-up needs to be done to the end of the trail. Also, there are no waterfalls, they are rapids. So, if you are looking for an actual waterfall, I would not suggest this hike. I have posted pictures of our hike for all to see.

This is an easy hike that's out and back. The Falls are really just some stage 3-4 rapids, but the huge rocks you can climb on and swim around down below the rapids make the hike worth it. It's a great place to take a picnic lunch. Be careful! We saw three copperhead snakes on the trail. I about stepped on the first one! They blend in well with the dirt and like to get in the weeds and grass right beside the trail. So beware!

Angel Falls was a nice hike. The trail meandered the river throughout. It was a fairly easy hike, we happened to trail hike further along which became more difficult, the trail we accessed wasn't necessarily part of Angel Falls. Would recommend to anyone looking for a nice day out in nature!

Great hike! Easy for children with beautiful scenery!

This is an excellent hike. Been here several times, it's always better to good if the river is up.

Great hike! Beautiful views and trail was great.

full of beautiful scenery and easy enough for anyone to hike. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It was fun! Found a snake skin under a rock! All the really big rock were cool, too!!

It was very cool! My first long hike, too!