Spring Creek Loop Trail

Spring Creek Loop Trail is a 4.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rapid City, South Dakota that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Spring Creek is beautiful and fun to cross.

Pretty cool, doable for all age, you walk in the trees, then up on rock ridges, then beside a river bottom that the trail crosses a few times that you may have to do barefoot if you don't want wet shoes.

Very easy with a beautiful view. No peak but wonderful if you have a dog and young ones.

Nice loop. trailhead near Sheridan Lake. crossed the creek four times but two foot bridges are in bad state of repair. extremely warped. dangerous. great morning hike!

I was rather disappointed with this trail. We followed the exact trail listed here and we didn't see any lake at all. The trail was extremely easy to follow with great views and great for kids. It says there's 3 bridges to cross but we only saw one small dried up creek that was easy to cross, that was the only water we saw on this entire hike.

The map outlined above didn't have any springs/creeks unless I completely missed them, which was a bummer because I had my 3 dogs with me and I picked this trail so that they could play in the water. Pretty bummed in that regard unless there's a different "spring creek loop". Otherwise a nice little hike.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Monday, March 28, 2016

Had fun but the trails were hard to follow.

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Saturday, May 23, 2015

This is a very easy hike for the family. Not many ups and downs. We took 3.5 hours to complete the loop but could've been done much quicker if it wasn't for a tired 3 year old (she was able to navigate the trail by herself the whole way though). There are a couple of spots that open up and have great views but not as much as other hikes in the area. The three star rating is based on a bored mom and dad (not a lot to look at) but perfect terrain for the kids to be able to go it on there own.

Thursday, April 09, 2015

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday, May 05, 2014

Wonderful hike!! My husband, son (7yrs), myself and the in-laws did this hike today. Definitely one that anyone can do if you want to. Can't wait to do it again and take the branch off to Harney Peak.

Sunday, January 19, 2014