Spring Creek Loop Trail

Spring Creek Loop Trail is a 4.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Rapid City, South Dakota that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail. The bridges are still out - so you have to wade across Spring Creek. Very busy on weekend!

Only saw a little bit of the trail. Two bridges are out (June 21, 2017). No signs they're getting ready to repair. National forest and state park staff highly recommended it though so will try another year. What we saw was great.

Spring Creek is beautiful and fun to cross.

Pretty cool, doable for all age, you walk in the trees, then up on rock ridges, then beside a river bottom that the trail crosses a few times that you may have to do barefoot if you don't want wet shoes.

Very easy with a beautiful view. No peak but wonderful if you have a dog and young ones.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Nice loop. trailhead near Sheridan Lake. crossed the creek four times but two foot bridges are in bad state of repair. extremely warped. dangerous. great morning hike!

Friday, August 26, 2016

I was rather disappointed with this trail. We followed the exact trail listed here and we didn't see any lake at all. The trail was extremely easy to follow with great views and great for kids. It says there's 3 bridges to cross but we only saw one small dried up creek that was easy to cross, that was the only water we saw on this entire hike.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The map outlined above didn't have any springs/creeks unless I completely missed them, which was a bummer because I had my 3 dogs with me and I picked this trail so that they could play in the water. Pretty bummed in that regard unless there's a different "spring creek loop". Otherwise a nice little hike.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Monday, March 28, 2016

Had fun but the trails were hard to follow.

Saturday, May 30, 2015