Leaders Park Trails

Leaders Park Trails is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sioux Falls, South Dakota that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is best used from April until October.

Leaders Park is a Mountain Biking trail that is also used for Hiking and Trail running. There are bridges and obstacles for the Mountain Biking. There are 3 loops. 1 is rated Easy, 1 is Moderate, and 1 is Difficult. Leaders Park Trail is for Mountain Biking, Hiking, and Trail running

Loved the trail for hiking. At 9:00 a.m., we were the only ones on the trail. Lots of elevation in places but even difficult trail section not that difficult for hiking if you have a hiking stick. Watch for tree roots and embedded rocks in path. Take water even when you think it is cool outside. We saw frogs, birds, monarchs and deer. Lived here a long time and never knew this existed.

We love Leaders Park. It’s almost completely wooded, so not many ugly, hot clearings like many of the state parks. The whole understory is buckthorn, but it’s maintained by a biking group, not the city or state. Maybe that’s why it feels so good, Parks and Rec isn’t in there killing everything all the time. Small, and audible interstate traffic, but close to home and my 4-year old is very partial to these trails. This is the only park at which we hike that he feels an instinct to run. Great job F.A.S.T.

Edibles and usefuls: mushrooms, nettle, garlic mustard, a few gooseberry, a couple grapes,and buckthorn (laxative). Large trees are mostly cottonwood, maple, boxelder, and ash.

Great, close to my house, parking if you need to drive. great way to burn an hour or 2.

Small but nice for area.

Enjoyable year round for all ages. Great for hiking and mountain biking. There is multiple trails with different levels of difficulty and they sometimes change or add new ones every year! A great escape from the city (even though it’s smack dab in the heart of it!)

Sunday, June 25, 2017

I would like to thanks to "FAST" for maintaining this amazing single track in our area. It has a wide variety of areas that will test your ability and give you a great ride.

Thursday, June 01, 2017

I had my little one with me so we just did the green loop, but it had nice scenery and lots of mild ups and downs. We looped it twice. I look forward to going back soon!

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Great walk with the dogs. We did the hardest loop. Down side was the bikers. Cause we had to stop to let them pass

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Very easy to navigate and choose easy, moderate, or difficult trails. My 6 and 9 year olds did great walking the easy and moderate trails, although we had to turn back on the difficult trail (much longer distance).

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Great single track biking. Great trail running. Feels like you are out of town. Lots of hills. The area is great sledding in winter.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

This was a challenge for sure. My family and I enjoyed that great workout and wonderful views!

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

we hiked this trail tonight. it was tough and we didn't see it all but we all had fun.

Friday, October 10, 2014

Leaders Park has a very nice Mountain Bike area with 3 different levels of skill tracks to choose from. Easy, Moderate, and Difficult. If you like Mountain biking there is a trail for you here or if you want to try it for the first time I recommend the easy loop. Both times I've done Leaders Park I have seen deer and have been out there by myself. Located next to I-229 it's easy to get to. A big thanks to Falls Area Single Track (FAST) for making this a great trail and for maintaining it! This trail can also be used for hiking and provides a good elevation change to make it a good work out. @backpackerneil

recorded 10-1-2017