Eagle Cliff Trails

Eagle Cliff Trails is a 4 mile loop trail located near Lead, South Dakota that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The multiple trails are cool, but navigating and signage are lacking. Planning to go again to go on more different trails.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Saturday, August 09, 2014

So I went on this trail system in early August. While the trails are generally marked well, there was often no trail. I think this is a great snow-shoeing and cross-country skiing site, but not necessary hiking. As far as I could tell, everything marked EASY (south side) was just a worn down vehicle path. Everything that was marked HARD didn't exist, the sign was there, but no trail, just 4-foot tall grass; to me, that isn't a trail. I would encourage winter sports enthusiasts to give this a go, but otherwise, I was a bit disappointed.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Great trail. Some good up and down and very open pine woods. The only thing I didn't like was dodging the cow chips. The trails were easy to lose, though well marked.