Devil's Bathtub

Devil's Bathtub is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Lawrence, South Dakota that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September.

Variety is good. Easy to get there with many inter weaving trails. Restful and colors a plenty in the fall. Watch out for poison ivy but aside from that is was just perfect.

Easy to moderate, unmarked, in-out trail that follows the stream along to the 'bathtub' at the end. It is a flat trail BUT does require crossing water back and forth, climbing up/down, through/along rocks the whole way. Wear sturdy shoes and be conscious of the terrain.

You cross the gorgeous mountain stream many times. some light climbing. One of our favorites ever. Keens would really help get over the slippery rocks and stream - better shoes would have saved me a scraped knee. This is moderate, NOT easy. I picked up and carried my preschooler several times. the trail eventually gets kind of dangerous for small kids. we saw the end but didn't go all the way. still enjoyable though to sit and tip you feet in the stream

This was a wonderful, short trail. Pretty views along the route, no markings & the trail would fork & cross streams so it required being attentive. I also disagree with the "easy" rating. You had to crisscross the stream multiple times requiring traversing rock, logs, hugging cliffs to get through some narrow areas. I would rate it moderate. The "bathtub" at the end was great-had it been a little warmer I might have submerged but just took some pics, there were braver souls swimming in the frigid waters but not me!!

Great hike for kids. Glad I read online that there are several trails and all end up leading to the same place, otherwise we would have been confused! There were several other groups up there but it didn't bother us. Myself and my son got in the water! Be prepared for the cold water! think it's an experience you have to try at least once!

Serenity-no. Traffic and dog poop-yes. With that said, it's worth trying to guess a slow time to experience the uniqueness of the pools and water slide. There is a reason it's crowded.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016