Yellow Branch Falls Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Walhalla, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The hike to Yellow Branch Falls is a backtrack hike over moderate terrain that ends at a beautiful 50-foot vertical waterfall with many individual cascades. The hike begins at the picnic area off of SC 28 and follows a connector trail for 0.2 miles and then joins the Yellow Branch Falls Trail for 1.3 miles to the waterfall. On the route you pass through groves of dignified hardwood and meander across a number of streams. In the winter you can see the Town of Walhalla in the distance when the trees are bare. The National Forest Service recommends that you wear sturdy shoes and use extra caution during wet conditions on this hike as the trail skirts the edges of deep ravines.

Great easy walk into the falls. Kids and I had a great time and the waterfall was awesome!

Probably the prettiest waterfall I have seen in northern Georgia or western North Carolina.

It was an absolute beautiful hike. My 3 year old daughter and I did it in about 3 hours but we spent a lot of time at the fall itself. Especially after she found a giant frog. It does get a little tough right at the end ( Elora names them the silly stairs.) but, you’re so close to falls it’s well worth the challenge. I only needed up carrying her about 100 feet of the trail. She’s a trooper!

Catch us on Instagram for more trips and fun @Team_Weebu

we didn't make it to the falls, but it was still overall a good hike

Beautiful falls. The trail is well maintained and we really enjoyed that the rangers try to keep the trail as natural as possible while allowing foot traffic. Crossing the streams made the hike more interesting. Please take the time to look around the trail, you will see a number of tiny falls in the creek and a humongous tree. The streams are not deep at the crossings and there are steppingstones. The fall itself is breathtaking, pictures do not show the magnitude or majesty of this beauty!

Great trail! Slight inclines, but nothing too difficult. This was my puppy’s first hike with hopefully more to come.

Beautiful trail, some wonderful trail work has been done, thank you to whomever! There has been a lot of rain the last week in the falls were absolutely beautiful!

Really pretty trail. The autumn leaves truly made this hike seem yellow. A few easy stream crossings, I was glad to have a hiking pole though. The waterfall at the end is beautiful. About a 200 foot elevation gain on the way back from the falls. The hike from the falls back to the car took us 35 minutes.

Not too long, not too short to Yellow Branch Falls with a few creek crossings. Easy hike on the way to the falls, and easy/moderate on way back (due to elevation gain from climbing back out of the valley). There are flats along the way to recover. I hiked it on a cooler/dry day with my 22 month old son strapped to me in our Osprey carrier and there were a few ares where I had some slightly elevated breathing and some burning quads, but not too bad. Pack a lunch because there is ample space near the falls to relax, enjoy the view, and refuel. I also passed about 5 other hiking groups along the way (on a Wednesday afternoon) so it does see some traffic. The trails is also well maintained.

love this one!

Great hike with well marked trail. Waterfall is beautiful.

Fantastic hike to a beautiful waterfall! Not too difficult 1.5 mile one way. Creek crossings, wild flowers. Will be gorgeous in peak fall color season with all the hardwoods!

The waterfall is worth it!!

Great hike a couple weeks ago, not too crowded due to the potential hurricane, trail was well maintained. One group of hikers on the trail did report seeing a mother bear and two cubs though, bring your bear spray with you.

Trail well maintained. Pup loved it, a few streams to cross and the falls are gorgeous. Bring the bug spray.

BREATHTAKING ! this hike is more like 4 miles I would say and it really should be categorized as moderate. Alot of tree routes and some uphill on the way back. We definitely worked up a sweat! Now one thing that really disappointed us was the restrooms. We wanted to use the restrooms before starting our hike but as soon as we opened the door, we literally ran out! There was poop everywhere! On the floor,walls and toilet. That was shocking. But you know, we forgot about it once we saw the awesome falls.

it's a beautiful hike. the waterfall is georgous. the trail is well maintained and is marked well with orange blazes. It has 4 creek crossings on it. with all that being said I think the trail should be marked as a moderate hike. the hike out is uphill most of the way.

Nice fairly easy hike to an amazing waterfall!

Nice hike to a beautiful waterfall. Enjoyed the scenery on the way also. This is not an easy hike, though. It should be rated as moderate.

Wonderful! The trail has it's ups and downs, but it's really beautiful all along the way. God's handiwork all around you. And then you get to the waterfall. Breathtakingly BEAUTIFUL. Stunning. Words do not do it justice. Do yourself a favor and seek out this lovely trail!

Great trail. The waterfall is beautiful. I'll be hiking it again soon.

Great trail, awesome hike, amazing waterfall.

Easy, well marked trail to hike.
This waterfall is my absolute favorite. To say that it’s stunningly beautiful is a complete understatement! It’s truly magical!
100% worth the drive and the hike to get to it!

Easy hike with great reward payoff at the end. Falls were awesome and definitely highly recommended! I prefer this set of falls over Station Cove honestly. I was there all by myself in the AM! Dog did great too!

Fav trail!

Loved this one! It’s well marked, multiple easy creek crossings, beautiful falls! I recommend dipping your feet in the water & enjoying the refreshing cold water!

Enjoyed the distance and views with bridges. Narrow at certain areas but the waterfall was well worth it!

This was a great trail! Very well maintained, muddy in some spots but easy to get around. Love love love crossing the creeks! The waterfall is spectacular and a great place to take a break and cool off before hiking out. Can’t wait to visit this one again!

This is a well maintained and well marked trail. We have had some bad storms this summer, so there are a couple downed trees that you will need to maneuver. Also, it is muddy and slick in places. Young children will need to be watched carefully. There are some moderate drop offs. The stream crossings are fun and easy and add to the variety on this trail. Lots of roots, so hiking shoes are advised. Because we’ve had a lot of rain, the falls were amazing!!! All in all a really enjoyable hike.

Very convenient to Highlands or Clemson.
Nice walk through mixed hardwood forest to beautiful wide falls. Several stream crossings but trail is reasonably well-maintained.
Hiked with wife and teenage kids. Reasonably fit but not in a hurry, took approximately 50 minutes each way. We hiked in a drizzle- barely felt the rain.
Best view of the falls is across the creek so you’ll want to wade. Walking stick recommended.
Pit toilet in parking lot.