Yellow Branch Falls Trail

Yellow Branch Falls Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Walhalla, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The hike to Yellow Branch Falls is a backtrack hike over moderate terrain that ends at a beautiful 50-foot vertical waterfall with many individual cascades. The hike begins at the picnic area off of SC 28 and follows a connector trail for 0.2 miles and then joins the Yellow Branch Falls Trail for 1.3 miles to the waterfall. On the route you pass through groves of dignified hardwood and meander across a number of streams. In the winter you can see the Town of Walhalla in the distance when the trees are bare. The National Forest Service recommends that you wear sturdy shoes and use extra caution during wet conditions on this hike as the trail skirts the edges of deep ravines.

Well kept trail several bridges and at least 4 creek crossings via utilizing rocks to cross. Be mindful of rain as these creeks swell quickly and at least one of these crossings is really fast moving. Speaking from experience. The trail appears moderately traveled and we didn’t come across anything strenuous just enough to get the blood pumping a bit. I would definitely hike it again.

Not super difficult but definitely not stroller accessible. Made it work over half way through then too much. would do this again without babies

Great waterfall and fun hike to get there.

Kid friendly. Beautiful trail. Decent waterfall.

I've been to lots of falls in the region; this is surprising for its height and size! Be prepared to have to take some big steps at spots and watch your feet for roots towards the end. I went with my folks who are 70 and 75 (my Mom with an artificial knee) and they made it just fine. So the trail's as easy as this app describes—the payoff is beautiful.

Nice hike to beautiful waterfall. Took about 35 minutes one way.

well worth the walk. beautiful waterfall

A little more strenuous than easy but a great trail!

It's a nice 20 minute hike to the falls for me, but well worth it if in the area. And its right across the street from Stumphouse tunnel/Isaqueena falls.

We loved this trail! It starts of relatively easy, and then starts with some mild ups and downs. I took two of my teenage sons. They loved it too! The falls are gorgeous. Make sure to watch out for snakes in the pool beneath the falls! I'm just starting hiking and this trail was just enough to fill my need for nature and not wear me out!

Wonderful trail for my first hike here in upstate SC! I'm not an accomplished hiker by any means and I found this out and back trail to be easy, but never boring. The waterfall at the end of the trail is gorgeous and tucked away so you don't see it until you're close.

This is an excellent place to hike. Very family friendly and wildlife all around the water when you are looking for it. Good trail for beginners who can't handle much elevation.