Wildcat Falls and Six Mile Creek Loop Trail

Wildcat Falls and Six Mile Creek Loop Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Central, South Carolina that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Streams in the way where you cannot cross without waders or getting wet. Trail doesn't look very well-maintained. The incessant dog barking noises indicated that there were hunters nearby.

We had a good time on this hike. It mostly follows logging roads, but it follows near the creek for a lot of the hike and has some pleasant scenery. My daughter and I spotted an owl late in the evening as we were getting close to the end, so that was cool. We really enjoyed the rapids. There are two places where you’ll have to get wet crossing the creek.

2 mile walk from gate when it is closed. One small waterfall, one small creek and 2 big creeks each way that I couldn't cross and had to turn around.

I’ll adjust my rating if we ever actually find this Trail and it turns out to be as nice as they say. We followed the road directions, and parked outside (limited parking!!) the gate (which is locked from Nov-April) and walked in. The road forks and there is a sign that points R to the dam and rec area. No sign about anything to L (which the gal back in town told me later was in fact the way to wildcat falls). After wandering aimlessly being able to find No other signs, trail markers or directions, we assumed the rec area was it and gave up.

Very nice trail!

Beautiful trail with a few easy water crossings. We followed white blazes as well as the all trails map. Our dog loved playing in the rapids

Very nice hike! I've hiked around the lake more times than I can count, and this was a nice surprise. The area by the river is beautiful and a great place to stop for a break or lunch. Most of the trail is an old logging road, so I'd say this is more in the easy range.

Easy to find and a short hike from the parking area. I then continued on the logging road, which you take to the falls, and took the Rapids trail. This brought me to another area on the river. I would recommend the hike. It was peaceful and a great area to photograph and spend sometime near water and nature.

recorded Wildcat, Rapid, Pig