Wannamaker North Trail

Wannamaker North Trail is a 6.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Goose Creek, South Carolina. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for walking, trail running, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trails for mountain biking, maybe not so much for hiking. Tons of windy single-track makes this super fun to ride. There’s a pump track and a built up area called “the ridge” which is pretty fun. It’s mostly flat but the windy trail makes it more fun and challenging.

Overall nice trails and there is a bike track that is well groomed and fun to ride. There are multiple trails to choose from at the starting point and they are all labeled and vary in length.
Dog friendly!
$1.00 fee at the main gate before hiking

Mosquitoes were like killer bees! I did forget my bug spray today of all days but really unreal bites! The trail is narrow and winds back and forth so much. Not too enjoyable. I did see the coolest turtle tho.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Not really the best trail for hiking. But nice and easy walking.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Yellow Trail isn't well kept. It is over grown is several areas.

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Very pleasant, with a variety of trails. We're going to take the bikes tomorrow!

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

my husband and i decided to go for a walk on the ORANGE trail. It was about 3pm when we started...didn't get out till wayyy after sunset. the trail was marked very confusingly. orange spots spraypainted at random on trees, then yellow pink blue red ribbons on other trees on the same orange path. the path zig zagged and turned every which way. pretty much running you right next to where you just walked... once it got dark it got super creepy. something in the distance was howling (definitely was NOT of the dog type howl), i just about stepped on a rattlesnake that was on the path, didnt realize it till my husband heard it and looked down to it right between us. we ran for a straight mile before we stopped. some type of critter was stalking us for about 1/4 mile..couldn't tell what it was. we were to the point where he and i were both about to break down crying and panic. he was in the middle of dialing 911 to come save us when all of a sudden i looked up and saw the orange path markers again. and started to continue following it further. finally saw the exit arrow. we hauled a** the remaining way till we got to the car. overall: beautiful scenery. but very traumatic experience. next time we'll definitely be prepared for anything if we end up lost or in the dark and lost...

Friday, February 24, 2017

A lovely day for a walk with Miss Daisy.

Sunday, February 05, 2017

Great park to take your dog's on a walk. The back trails are generally empty so it's nice.

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Blue trail started out nicely, great for dogs. But as we worked our way in to the Orange trail...the markers became increasingly confusing. We came upon an area that had orange, red, and pink markers on nearly every tree. With no clear pattern to the markers, we found ourselves going in circles and took several hours to get out. There is also quite a bit of traffic noise from the nearby highway. I will not be going back.

Monday, November 21, 2016

it was entirely too much zig-zag w/o any real scenery. we did the blue trail and wouldn't do it again.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Great walk with my dog

Friday, September 16, 2016

trail closed

Monday, August 15, 2016

I took the Orange Path which was five miles. It's marked well but there are some parts where it could have been marked more. I had the really look around to figure out which way to go. Also the amount of spiders that I ran into and cobwebs is unspeakable. I would have a cobweb in my face at least once every two minutes. it's pretty much a walk in the woods zigzagging back and forth. but if you want quiet this is your hike

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Yellow loop is good for kids hiking but tons of roots. not sure my kids could manage to bike it.
They had a blast though in the completely wooded environment.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The forest section of the trail is quiet, peaceful, and beautiful. Having traveled all over the world this trail provides me with a sense of serenity.

Saturday, February 27, 2016

This was a very nice trail. The only thing I didn't like was having to start in the trail and then having to walk along the road next to the water plant (which stunk). We walked about 4 miles then found a short cut back since we didn't want to do the whole 13 miles. I will be back to try to do the full trail next time. The scenery was awesome. I definitely recommend this trail to anyone who wants to get out and do something.

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Nice fun trails to ride. It was a little muddy but still really fun, can't wait to try out the trails in the spring.

Sunday, January 10, 2016

This trail is rated easy but don't underestimate it. It's challenging with some tight turns. Rooty and muddy in some places. It offers some spurs which are more technical. Overall, we found it challenging and a great afternoon workout.

Sunday, December 27, 2015

This trail is currently closed.

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Looks like a good biking trail but only marginal for hiking. Very flat with little to no scenery. Additionally, this is a swampy are and the mosquitos are outrageous and, apparently, impervious to Off!

Friday, August 23, 2013

My girl and I love these trails. There is off road and paved, so it works for both if us

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Trail not for running. Full of spiders and logs.

Friday, May 24, 2013

This is a good trail for getting used to technical trail running. Lots of roots to run over and a few Lowcountry hills to climb. I did this as a 24 mile run (3 loops) and it was a lot of fun. It was made for bikes and its packed onto a small area (pretty cool how they got this much mileage in such a small area). $1 parking per day is not bad and the parking lot is big. There are plenty of outlets on the trail if you do not want to go the full 8 miles.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Awesome trail, cost is $1 a day per rider, or free for Gold Pass members. The elevated ridge is the best. Trail opened June 2012.

Sunday, September 10, 2017