Waldrop Stone Falls

Waldrop Stone Falls is a 1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Central, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

decent and I would do it again. We were definitely not prepared for how steep the trip into and out of the falls was. We brought our 2 year old daughter and it was a little nerve wracking. next time I'll be more prepared with a child carrier.

Nice little trail. Steps down to waterfall are steep and narrow. I took my dogs, and the 11 year old had a hard time navigating down to the falls. So I wouldn’t recommend for older dogs, but otherwise it is a very nice little trail.

very nice inside the woods. multiple stream access and smaller, gentler falls make for a pleasant hike. limited parking.

Quick little hike. The falls are pretty but small. The trail back to Waldrop road has another little cluster of falls but doesn’t bring you back to the same point. Clean trails. More narrow near the end.

Great little walk that is nicely marked. The path down to the falls was a little treacherous with my 90lb dog pulling me, but with only oneself to balance, it would be easily manageable. Lovely way to spend a leisurely hour in the woods.

Very easy and short walk to the waterfall. There isn’t much parking here, but it wasn’t crowded when we went.

Small but love it easy kids and dogs would love it!

Was a pleasant walk with a decent small waterfall.

Decent outing with the kids with minimal difficulty.

Great quick morning hike. Trail down to the waterfall is narrow, so be careful.

Great short trail when you don’t have a lot of time.

Super fun ! Super easy ! The walk down is a breeze, but the walk back up is kind of rough .

Nice small hike to waterfall

Nice to get back in the woods, if only for a mile.

Easy and quick love it!

Great trail. Took my 3 year old. Had to be a little careful heading down to the waterfall. Overall this is a great trail for young children or a quick
Walk.

Easy beginners hike for my girls and myself. Great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. The waterfall and creek are scenic.

It’s a nice length. Good views. Some elevation change. Nice little stream and falls

What a delightful surprise! This easy, kid-friendly little Trail was Just Right. The waterfall is not big, but really pretty and the lovely little stream meanders along by the Trail. White blazes need refreshing, but description markers keep it easy to follow. Thanks Clemson Boy Scouts!

Great trail following a brief shower.

It's a easy quiet hike. That has a lovely resting spot with a bench. It's extremely relaxing and is a very easy hike to accomplish. Favorite week day hike when I want to quickly get away for a bit!

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Trail was beautiful. A sign or two was missing but it was simple to figure out where to go. Loved the falls. Had a picnic and saw a pair of snakes.

Monday, September 04, 2017

Great kid friendly trail. Great for learning about different types of trees. Saw butterflies and turtles!

Monday, August 07, 2017

I would rate moderate due to steepness. Beautiful views, well marked, & no litter.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Nice short hike, but the descent down to the falls can be a little dicey depending on conditions. My daughter loved playing in the creek.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Took my 4yo and (almost) 2yo on this loop and had a great little adventure. The trail that leads down to the falls gets a bit narrow for my toddler, but my 4yo handled it like a pro! Sat and played at the pool for a while. Really is a fabulous kid friendly trail.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Great short hike in the Clemson Experimental Forest. Parking is limited but often times you'll be the only one on the trail. The falls were easy to find and we're worth hiking to. Definitely a hike I would recommend checking out.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Very clean and easy trail

Friday, April 21, 2017

short hike but enjoyed it with family

Friday, April 21, 2017