Waldrop Stone Falls [CLOSED]

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(207)
Central, South Carolina

Waldrop Stone Falls is a 1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Central, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.0 miles Elevation Gain: 177 feet Route Type: Loop

closed

NOTE: It has been reported this trail has temporary closures due to COVID-19. Please see the park's website for up to date information.

This trail is open as of May 16. Little rough going up and down the final hill with a 4 year old.

Closed due to Covid19

Easy hike to a great waterfall. Some parts of the trail are a bit narrow and steep. Other than that, great, easy hike!

Super pleasant trail. Great for kids. My friend’s 6 year old absolutely loved it. Easy walking with a couple switchbacks to get down to the waterfall.

Very easy and fun trail! We hike this from time to time with pets and kids. It’s so easy and the falls are a lot of fun to climb on!

This was a nice hike that we did with our 2 teenagers and dog. At 62 degrees, was a perfect day for it. We got a pleasant surprise when we got to the falls, which was all we expected, someone there told us to cross the creek and keep going and that we would find a lake at the end. So maybe an extra 10 minutes and we got to picnic by the lake.

Extremely easy hike. It has a pretty long range view pretty early in the trail. The waterfall is nice, but it is a smaller one. It can be cramped if there a multiple groups hiking when you go. Very nice/convenient, but if you have time to go to a bigger trail in the area then I would recommend doing that.

Great trail on a pleasant winter day for a couple of seniors and two senior dogs.

Loved it! Perfect with kids. Very rewarding hike

short hike trail is narrow at times but overall nice

Great trail. A little slippery in areas due to last nights rain. Creek with waterfall was perfect and beautiful. My dog Loved playing in it. Just short enough for a quick hike and long enough to feel like you got a quick workout.

Great trail... even for able seniors. Enjoyed the identification markers along the trail. Thanks Clemson Scouts T-235 for the wonderful work you did on this hiking trail. Short and scenic trail. No trees blocking trail at this time.

let's start with saying I'm not an outdoors person at all and I HATE walking. This trail was perfect for me! it was only a mile, felt longer. you go uphill and downhill a lot. I also had a toddler strapped to my back so I had some weight on me. I got my workout in for the day. I expected the waterfall to be much bigger. it's really just a creek. there were trees down. it does get narrow in some areas. but other than that it was great!

Sweet, easy hike with a lovely waterfall. We hike this trail often and enjoy taking guests there when we don’t have time for a full day trip. We can easily hike in and out and enjoy the view in less than a couple of hours. Our 5 and 7 year old kids can hike this trail without much difficulty. There are a few spots that need some closer supervision, but overall it’s a nice spot for families.

Decent short hike. The hike down to the falls is pretty steep but short. Make sure to go early in the morning. The first part of the hike isn’t shaded and was really hot.

Great short hike down to waterfall and back on separate path. Lots of trees down but still passable. Walk back along creek where you see more small falls.

this is an easy hour hike. beautiful falls. its a hot 92 but its refreshing in the cool falls! theres quite a decent getting down to the fall which was a workout. i visited in the winter and spring and now summer. you won't regret it.

It was really beautiful and a very rewarding hike but there were so many downed trees it made it very difficult to enjoy.

Beautiful but those two trees down had me feeling like Bear Grylls out there

Short but nice trail. Beautiful little falls. Nice short challenge. Probably not for dogs or kids but I liked it.

Beautiful waterfalls, nice trails. Some trees down but easy to get around. Will most definitely come back with my dogs.

a nice, fairly easy trail. It gets a bit steep near the waterfall, but it's beautiful

Nice easy hike. Two large trees downed and across the trail, still passable. Another tree downed and blocking the trail; had to go an alternate route. Beautiful falls!

We were attracted to the idea this would be an easy trek to a waterfall close to home. We were not disappointed. I do have to mention, however, it is more of a moderate trip for someone with mobility or low vision issues. Still, is so this again.

Great little trail, good for walking with your dog. Beautiful little waterfall with a place to let the dog play in the water for awhile.

Tue Jun 04 2019

Nice little trail. My pup really enjoyed the walk and the waterfall was very pretty. Only took me about 40 minutes, and that includes stopping to take in the views.

Wed May 22 2019

This is a beautiful hike with waterfalls. The elevation. was a bit challanging for us ole folks but worth it.

Wed May 22 2019

Quiet trail to a pleasurable waterfall. Not much parking by gate. Advise bug spray as gnats were horrendous. Fire ants are also present along trail starting right. Raspberries are abundant and ready in about a few weeks.

Mon Apr 29 2019

Fun little hike, enough elevation to be a challenge. Enjoyed the info markers explaining the types of trees and shrubs.