Twin Falls Trail on Reedy Cove Creek

Twin Falls Trail on Reedy Cove Creek is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Sunset, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I didn't see where the trailhead was. My GPS lead me to an area where 3 cars were pulled to the side of the road. I seen a metal gate,that was it.

There's actually 2 separate trails here. One trail is moderate and can take you up to an hour to get to the top of the falls. It's a moderate hike, there are parts that are steep. Once at the top you don't get a good look at the falls. If you are wanting cardio then this trail is for you. If you are just wanting to see the falls, Go past the spot that the directions take you to. Drive down from there and take a right on Eastatoe rd. You will see a dead end sign, keep going.You will then follow that road maybe .8 miles and there will be a rd called water fall rd. Follow that road out, it's a gravel road. Once you pass the narrow part in the road follow the road around to the left and you will dead end into the parking area. The falls are only 1/4 mile up. Easy hike. Beautiful Falls! Happy hiking!

Fun and easy hike to a great waterfall. Definitely worth checking out

There are two ways to get to the falls. You can either drive to the parking lot and walk about a quarter mile to the base of the falls, or you can do a moderately difficult trail that brings you around the mountains to the top of the falls. My girlfriend and I did the trail through the mountains to the top of the falls and it was very enjoyable. It probably a little over a mile one way with some pretty decent changes in elevation along the entire route, with a long descent at the beginning and then back up the second mountain. Once you arrive at the top of the falls, you should enjoy the streams that lead to the falls and look down to the base. It is a straight drop off the falls but you can get close to the edge on the rocks. There is a very steep path that you can take to the base, but it's not too bad we managed to get down it with our dog as well.

Brought my pup on a Monday evening and we had it all to ourselves! I wad comfortable keeping him off leash since we were far from any roads or houses. I originally went to check it out in hopes that we could camp somewhere, but there's a sign saying its not allowed near the parking area.

The hike to the base of the falls was quick and really easy. It lead to a little shelter.

If you want to get wild, there's a side trail to the left of the waterfall that brings you to the top. there's old railway beams scattered around the river, fun to balance on.

The hike there was really easy. The hike back has a little more uphill. It took me, my girlfriend, and my dog about 20-25 minutes to get back. I didn't time the way there. It was really nice and private feeling at the top. At the beginning of the trail on the right hand side before the trail forks there is a sign with directions to drive to the bottom of the falls. Definitely do that. It was so beautiful. Many more people though. Easy hike with great view.

Short, easy trail to the viewing platform. Beautiful waterfalls. It's possible to climb down to the water but the rocks are slippery.

Lovely well maintained trail with wildflowers and waterfall. Not too strenuous and perfect for a short hike to the top of the falls. Trillium and dogwood in bloom mid-April.

Two different entrances to this trail...
Trail 1- the longest trail is immediately on right past Bobs Place and is about 2miles in and out. Well maintained and marked, narrow at times over looking gorge, some what steep in areas. Brings you to the TOP of the falls.

Trail 2- off Waterfalls Road is only 1/2 mile in and out and is VERY EASY. Brings you to the bottom of both falls with magnificent and best views! Super easy hike with great views.

we ended up going to a parking area where we only had to walk .025 miles, so we were bummed about that as we were prepared for something longer. the falls are absolutely gorgeous! definitely one of my new favorites. plenty of water flow from all the recent rain.

Easy hike, low water flow on day I was there.

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Monday, September 05, 2016

Nice mellow hike. A bit difficult when trying to get closer to the falls if you have small kids but definitely doable. Our favorite part was some of the creeks and pools on the way to the actual falls. If you live in the upstate of Sc it's worth taking the day or half the day to do this with or without kids.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Monday, August 08, 2016

Great time, warning the rocks are very slippery but can be done. Kids had a great time plus the small rock to slide down.