Twin Falls Trail on Reedy Cove Creek

Twin Falls Trail on Reedy Cove Creek is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Sunset, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Put “waterfall road Sumter, SC” into your GPS and it will take you right to the parking area for the easy hike.

Nice easy hike to two beautiful waterfalls.

Hard to find. When you think you've entered someone's back yard and pass a do not enter sign you know you're heading toward the trailhead. Beautiful in the spring when the water is rushing and the best when you hike (carefully) over to the waterfall and stand under it.

P.S. to the left of the main waterfall is a cool place to hike up and see the waterfalls at a difference vantage point. Also a cool/creepy cave up there.

I didn't see where the trailhead was. My GPS lead me to an area where 3 cars were pulled to the side of the road. I seen a metal gate,that was it.

There's actually 2 separate trails here. One trail is moderate and can take you up to an hour to get to the top of the falls. It's a moderate hike, there are parts that are steep. Once at the top you don't get a good look at the falls. If you are wanting cardio then this trail is for you. If you are just wanting to see the falls, Go past the spot that the directions take you to. Drive down from there and take a right on Eastatoe rd. You will see a dead end sign, keep going.You will then follow that road maybe .8 miles and there will be a rd called water fall rd. Follow that road out, it's a gravel road. Once you pass the narrow part in the road follow the road around to the left and you will dead end into the parking area. The falls are only 1/4 mile up. Easy hike. Beautiful Falls! Happy hiking!

Fun and easy hike to a great waterfall. Definitely worth checking out

There are two ways to get to the falls. You can either drive to the parking lot and walk about a quarter mile to the base of the falls, or you can do a moderately difficult trail that brings you around the mountains to the top of the falls. My girlfriend and I did the trail through the mountains to the top of the falls and it was very enjoyable. It probably a little over a mile one way with some pretty decent changes in elevation along the entire route, with a long descent at the beginning and then back up the second mountain. Once you arrive at the top of the falls, you should enjoy the streams that lead to the falls and look down to the base. It is a straight drop off the falls but you can get close to the edge on the rocks. There is a very steep path that you can take to the base, but it's not too bad we managed to get down it with our dog as well.

Brought my pup on a Monday evening and we had it all to ourselves! I wad comfortable keeping him off leash since we were far from any roads or houses. I originally went to check it out in hopes that we could camp somewhere, but there's a sign saying its not allowed near the parking area.

The hike to the base of the falls was quick and really easy. It lead to a little shelter.

If you want to get wild, there's a side trail to the left of the waterfall that brings you to the top. there's old railway beams scattered around the river, fun to balance on.

The hike there was really easy. The hike back has a little more uphill. It took me, my girlfriend, and my dog about 20-25 minutes to get back. I didn't time the way there. It was really nice and private feeling at the top. At the beginning of the trail on the right hand side before the trail forks there is a sign with directions to drive to the bottom of the falls. Definitely do that. It was so beautiful. Many more people though. Easy hike with great view.

Short, easy trail to the viewing platform. Beautiful waterfalls. It's possible to climb down to the water but the rocks are slippery.

Lovely well maintained trail with wildflowers and waterfall. Not too strenuous and perfect for a short hike to the top of the falls. Trillium and dogwood in bloom mid-April.

Two different entrances to this trail...
Trail 1- the longest trail is immediately on right past Bobs Place and is about 2miles in and out. Well maintained and marked, narrow at times over looking gorge, some what steep in areas. Brings you to the TOP of the falls.

Trail 2- off Waterfalls Road is only 1/2 mile in and out and is VERY EASY. Brings you to the bottom of both falls with magnificent and best views! Super easy hike with great views.

we ended up going to a parking area where we only had to walk .025 miles, so we were bummed about that as we were prepared for something longer. the falls are absolutely gorgeous! definitely one of my new favorites. plenty of water flow from all the recent rain.

Friday, October 07, 2016

Easy hike, low water flow on day I was there.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Nice mellow hike. A bit difficult when trying to get closer to the falls if you have small kids but definitely doable. Our favorite part was some of the creeks and pools on the way to the actual falls. If you live in the upstate of Sc it's worth taking the day or half the day to do this with or without kids.

Monday, August 08, 2016

Great time, warning the rocks are very slippery but can be done. Kids had a great time plus the small rock to slide down.

Monday, August 01, 2016

We went for the waterfall not the hiking. waterfall was pretty awesome! It was a very short hike to the waterfall.

Thursday, July 14, 2016

We hiked both the Upper and Lower Twin Falls trails. The upper is not accessed from the same parking lot as the lower. The upper falls trail starts from a very small parking area on Cleo Chapman Hwy. Coming from 178 it will be on the right. There is a red gate and a very small green sign up in the trees marked "twin falls". The upper trail is the one described here as out and back being 2.3 miles. The trail isn't marked at the point where there is a fence on the right that you should go through and take to the upper falls. We went past the fence on what appears to be an old road and had to turn back once I checked the map again. The lower falls trail is shown on the map and we used it to find the trail head and parking.

Don't expect a great view at the top of the falls. Really do it more for the hike than the view. The lower is short, easy and has an awesome view of the falls.

Sunday, July 03, 2016

This should get 5 stars for the view, but only 1 star for the "trail." We expected to go for a short hike, but unless we did something wrong, this is NOT what I would consider a hiking trail. It was less than a half mile from the parking area to the falls. And the walk was very easy. It was a beautiful site, though, and very well maintained. Very family friendly. We went on a Sunday and, unfortunately, it was very crowded. The parking lot was small. It's an easy and good trail for children and seniors. It was very difficult to find the parking area.

Friday, May 27, 2016

It's an easy hike to the platform and base of these two large waterfalls. I believe that the falls are also called Eastatoe Falls.