Twin Falls Trail on Reedy Cove Creek

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(173)
Sunset, South Carolina

Twin Falls Trail on Reedy Cove Creek is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Sunset, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 2.3 miles Elevation Gain: 429 feet Route Type: Out & Back

This is the upper falls trail. For the lower falls trail: https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/south-carolina/twin-falls-lower-trail

Really nice hike. The sound of rushing water during the entire hike is good enticement for what is at the end! Beautiful. I lost count of how many fallen trees were across the trail.

Trail in very good shape having benefited from recent trail maintenance. Just a few other hikers on a mid-week, mid-afternoon hike. The trail to the lower falls was considerably more congested.

Be sure to take the trail to the RIGHT when you see the short section of wooden split rail fence. Go through the fence section. If you stay on the main trail instead of taking the RIGHT through the fence section, you will merely come to a dead end and potentially get lost. The trail to the upper falls is not well marked.

The view was amazing but I was expecting much more from the actual trail. I spent more time driving up there then I did actually at the waterfall. But a nice family place to show the little ones a waterfall. Also a very slippery place when climbing down to the falls

beautiful day today! quite a few people on the trail and down by the water fall but there wasn’t too many people towards the end where you can climb down and wash the water rush right at your feet. it is blocked by trees toward the end but i’m certain the path goes further, I was not prepared to climb over all the logs in my shorts and vans so i’ll have to come back when i’m better prepared for that. very moderate trail and seeing the water and hearing it rush across the rocks was very soothing. 9/10!

Just a beautiful hike with lots of views! Great summer hike that is relatively easy, will be coming back.

Definitely consider a moderate hike. But WOW is the waterfall beautiful and breathtaking.

This trail was fairly easy and short. It was actually a triple falls when we went due to all the recent rain. Really pretty. The day we went, there was a handmade sign on Waterfall Road indicating they trail was closed and “caution” tape at trailhead, but it is NOT closed. (We think a homeowner probably put up the sign to discourage traffic due to COVID). Trail roomy enough for social distancing :)

This is NOT an "easy" trail. It is narrow in most places with multiple switchbacks and inclines. At the top of the falls is a partially obstructed view of the falls, but the REAL treat is the path beyond the falls...WOW! It is like something out of a fairy tale!

**Open as of 4/11/20. Moderate hike with breathtaking overlook of the top of Twin Falls. The picturesque view is the much shorter Lower Twin Falls. Nevertheless, it’s a fun place to explore and climb with caution. Interesting rail tracks scattered at top of falls.

It was nice to find a quite place to get out and enjoy nature. I would definitely consider this hike to be a moderate hike. Overall the trail was clear other than in one area there was a small tree over the trail. We had to climb over the down tree but it wasn’t difficult. The views from the top are no where near as nice as the view from the bottom. But we throughly enjoyed this hike! I saw lots of beautiful wild flowers which made it well worth the hike!

Great trail! Took our 3 children under 5 years old, and they did great. Had fun playing in the river at the top of the trail for a bit! Beautiful views of the waterfall! Highly recommend.

Nice little hike. Several good elevation changes which might make this relatively short hike feel moderate for some. Views were pleasant and there weren’t too many people out and about. Overall glad to have found a place to hike while state parks are closed.

Shorter but moderate amount of up and down. There are only 2 places to park at this trailhead. Not clearly marked from the road but that means Corona can’t close this trail. A spur downhill steeply gets you a better view of the falls but it’s pretty none the less.

Ok I’m confused how this trail has “no views” and such.. this is a super short trail but omg the falls are beautiful and the trail is right along the river.. Ok I think I must have taken the lower trail.. so if you all haven’t done that one go do it

ok trail. Decent view of the falls if you're adventurous

Some have said there are no views of the falls. I can say this is not true and I was very pleased. Many folks have posted about down trees. These have been cleared for the most part. There are a few elevated trees still over the trail but at 6'-4" I could easily duck under. About 100 yards in there is a fence on the right. Go thru this fence and your on your way. There are a few steps but they are wide and easy to walk. There is one fork off that goes steeply down hill to the left. This will take you down to the creek below the falls. The main trail goes right. You end up beside the upper right side on the front of the fall. Look for a flat rock slab on left of the trail. Continue on and you end up on the creek above the falls. Beautiful views and great place to just hang out a while.

trails in really good shape. overall enjoyed it good views of open hardwoods if you're in the Hiking for the bang for the buck this trail might not be for you but if you enjoy a good easy maybe in some spots moderate hiking on trails but you're probably not going to see anyone on this one maybe for you.

Includes my drive to the other trail. Will edit later. Nice trail with mediocre views of the waterfall. I’d consider doing the lower trail and finding something else if you’re looking for more exercise.

Beautiful drive getting there and a great trail for kids. I like to go down from the deck overlook and up the left side of the falls to reach the top.

Nice little hike through the woods, but not a great view of the falls. Do the lower trail for a waterfall view and this one for a pretty and quiet hike under 3 miles.

Very short walk. But pretty falls!

Upper falls trail- not much of a view of the waterfall or the river. Mostly just an easy walk through the woods.

So overgrown and not marked much at all...felt like we were in the movie “Wrong Turn”...kept waiting for strange cackles in the woods..

This review is for the UPPER falls trail hike. Many of the other reviews for this particular hike listed here are here by mistake from other reviewers and are actually written for the LOWER falls trail so be warned, this upper falls trail hike will NOT take you to any views of the falls once you arrive. Overall, nice hike through the woods. However, numerous trees are down across the trail the entire way which made it obnoxious. Looks like it hasn't had upkeep in many years. Like many other reviewers, we missed the very obscure and poorly marked turnoff at the wooden gate shortly into the hike and hiked for 20+ minutes on the nice wide trail until we realized via GPS we were walking in the wrong direction. We backtracked and went through the gate and made it up to the top. Once you arrive at the falls, there is no viewpoint. Trees blocking the falls entirely which really stinks. We eventually backtracked a ways and found a small side-trail that drops you all the way down to the river which we forded and made our way over to the lower falls trail. The view is awesome from the end of that trail and the rocks are good to walk around on at the base of the falls. Overall, I would skip this upper falls trail entirely and just stick to the short and simple lower falls trail in order to enjoy the final destination.

This was by-far our favorite sight on our vacation. Definitely in the middle of no where. Some signs on the road. It's an easy hike from the parking area though. Once you arrive it's breathtaking! Worth the drive and the time!

We very much enjoyed the falls. Beautiful destination. BUT. We missed the turn off because of downed trees and followed the wrong trail a good while before turning around. Coming back we saw the turn we missed . We took the correct trail and enjoyed the hike. There are a lot of downed trees.. it looks like it’s been a while since there has been maintenance. If you take the trail be alert to looking right for a gate after a bunch of fallen trees and don’t get tricked into following the wider path right in front of you. Waterfall at the end is amazing. I only hit my head twice going under a tree and fell over a log once. Maybe that says more about me as a hiker vs the trail.