Tom Miller Jones Gap Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(31)
Caesars Head State Park

Tom Miller Jones Gap Trail is a 10.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Slater-Marietta, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 10.2 miles Elevation Gain: 1,893 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Down hill, no problem. Back up, very strenuous. Not much to see. We only went 1.5 miles in though.

First long hike that we have done as a family. Kids got quite tired on the return trip from Jones Gap Park but we made it all the way! Great time, great hike.

This trail starts at a red gated rocky driveway on 276 about a mile north passed the Caesars Head parking lot on the right . You walk in passed the gate onto a rocky road. It eventually turns into a trail with two log crossing. We ate at the waterfall and then returned the way we came. The trail goes past the waterfall but we only did that for 1/2 mile. I was told this is called Jones Gap trail number 1.

Tue Jan 22 2019

Beautiful hike! Follows the Saluda and several was waterfalls along the way. Definitely will do again and recommend. It rained the day before so it was very wet. I believe the Jones Gap Trail portion must be an old creek bed so it was like walking through a stream and very rocky. You also have several small creeks to croos that feed into the Saluda. Even when drier I would recommend waterproof boots. I went ankle deep a few times. Also if you prefer doing the steep parts up first then start at Jones Gap not Caesar's head side. This goes from the parking lot near Raven Cliff to Jones Gap and back. Could be shorter if you place cars at either end.

Mon Feb 20 2017

Was a pretty decent hike.

Sun Feb 12 2017

Great hike. Will do this one again.

Wed Oct 12 2016

The trail head is near the Ranger station at Jones Gap State Park. It's a scenic trail that follows the Middle Saluda River. In and out the trail is 10.3 miles but I exited at US 276 for a 5.3 mile hike..It was midweek and was very little traffic that day. The trail is rocky and sandy with designated campsites along the way. There is a river crossing over a bridge as well as a couple of creek crossings. Recommend for an overnighter.

Sat Oct 11 2014

I did this trail a couple of weeks ago and it was great. I found it to be easy to moderate. I began in Caesars Head State Park and it ran along Raven Cliff Falls for a couple of miles or more. I plan on going back when the leaves are gone as there will be some beautiful views.

recorded Jones Gap Loop Trail