Tamassee Knob Trail

Tamassee Knob Trail is a 4.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mountain Rest, South Carolina that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great hike in and hike out. Would consider more of a moderate hike than east but wonderful.

Amazing, the woods we're gorgeous, the knob was breath taking.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

family favorite

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Saturday, April 09, 2016

Monday, December 01, 2014

Sunday, September 21, 2014

I got to this trail after coming up from Station Cove Falls. The trail was overgrown quite a bit especially the second half as well as just covered up- does not appear to get much use. May try it again in winter when some of cover is down but not my favorite hike in the area.

Sunday, June 15, 2014

This trail features an excellent view of the mountains from a rock at the end. I enjoyed eating the first blackberries of the season by the rock. The trail ends a few feet beyond the rock; there is no need to go down the hill. It started out muddy, but improved as I went along. No one was on the trail, just me and the flies. The plant growth is overtaking some parts of the trail this time of the year. It was moderately difficult and took me two and half hours to get there and back. I started out on the palmetto/chestnut trail.