Tamassee Knob Trail

Tamassee Knob Trail is a 4.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mountain Rest, South Carolina that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

AllTrails need to upgrade this trail it is not easy. Our suggestion is to make this a winter hike. Trail is very overgrown, and a couple of spots the trail has been almost washed away. Not a good trail for young children, dogs or physically challenged. Less experienced hikers could find themselves off the trail easily due to the thick brush, some areas were over our heads. Oh, and beware of the spiders, bring a walking stick to beat them out of the way. But the view was an amazing reward!!!

Loved it. It was a little steeper toward the end than I expected, but the view is worth it. Great hike.

This hike was worth it and had a pretty good view at the end. Went May 13th and there was definitely a bunch of trees and branches to dodge as you ascended up and down the path. I don't know if I'd do it again, maybe in the winter time when there wasn't so many trees brushing up against me (waist high at the tallest). Don't forget to wear long pants!
I'd call it somewhere between easy and moderate.

Break taking

Great hike in and hike out. Would consider more of a moderate hike than east but wonderful.

Amazing, the woods we're gorgeous, the knob was breath taking.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

family favorite

Sunday, September 21, 2014

I got to this trail after coming up from Station Cove Falls. The trail was overgrown quite a bit especially the second half as well as just covered up- does not appear to get much use. May try it again in winter when some of cover is down but not my favorite hike in the area.

Sunday, June 15, 2014

This trail features an excellent view of the mountains from a rock at the end. I enjoyed eating the first blackberries of the season by the rock. The trail ends a few feet beyond the rock; there is no need to go down the hill. It started out muddy, but improved as I went along. No one was on the trail, just me and the flies. The plant growth is overtaking some parts of the trail this time of the year. It was moderately difficult and took me two and half hours to get there and back. I started out on the palmetto/chestnut trail.

Sunday, June 11, 2017