Learn more

Tall Pines Loop is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Cleveland, South Carolina that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and fishing.

Length 2.2 mi Elevation gain 305 ft Route type Loop
Fishing Hiking Nature trips Paddle sports Forest Wildlife
Description
Waypoints (0)

Please note: off line map is recommended to get oriented as several users have reported that this trail is not well marked and/or that there may be poor cell reception in this area.

Weather
UV Index
Daylight
Reviews (20)
Photos (6)
Recordings (20)
Completed (21)
S C
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 12, 2020
HikingBlowdownBugsOver grown

Well this wasn’t my first choice on a hot July Sunday but with Caesar’s Head being by reservation-only due to COVID, it was a good little workout while avoiding weekend crowds. I saw NO ONE else while hiking so if you want quiet privacy while you hope you can manage to find the trail again, this one’s for you. I think this area has a lot to offer but those made uncomfortable by rough bushwhacking into the relative unknown may not enjoy this loop. I parked in the Tall Pines parking lot near the pond (man made lake?) and crossed the road. I missed the trailhead on my way out and crossed over a wired drive (oops) with a creek on my left to a field of sunflowers. I could tell I wasn’t quite right on the GPS and lo and behold there was a newly built bridge on my left that got me onto the trail. I marked a photo looking from the parking lot to indicate correct trailhead, hopefully uploaded ok. It is unmarked. The going through the early sections of woods is shady and up to the dirt road was straightforward enough, if a bit overgrown. The road was dry, easy-going, and pleasant with plenty of sky and trees but don’t expect mountain views. The bushwhacking began on the turn left off the dirt road and heading back toward the trailhead. I couldn’t even make out a deer path, let alone an actual trail at points. I followed my phone’s AllTrails map with a capricious willingness to just go for it. I wished often for a machete, or at least a good walking stick for spider webs. I could not have managed as well as I did if my phone had died. I did have water and snacks but please keep in mind it would be pretty easy to get turned askew whilst hunting for disturbed earth that may have possibly been trod on once upon a time. It was peaceful and I was content to be utterly alone. Couldn’t hear any civilization and I appreciated that too.

View S's Recording
Kelsey Achee
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMay 17, 2020
Hiking

Enjoyed the views of this trail a lot! Never saw any marks on trees for the trail, but we purposefully took a side trail that continued to another small pond and we ended up turning around and coming back the way we came to make sure we didn’t get lost. Saw lots of great fishing areas, so we might come back and fish some time.

Stephanie Brosnan
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarApril 3, 2020
Hiking

The beginning of the trail is a nice walk through the woods next to a stream. Eventually, you have to turn left on a dirt road to continue this loop. If you keep going down the dirt road, you will end up on the main road. Without this app, I definitely would not have found the turn off the dirt road. I didn’t want to end up on the main road, so I turned left. The trail looks like a dried up water runoff. I would have had no clue that was the actual trail. Not sure if it’s because of all the fallen leaves, but there wasn’t much of a trail - we were just kind of winging it through the woods. Eventually we found the trail that looped back to the beginning.

View Stephanie's Recording
Brad Batdorf
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 22, 2020
HikingMuddyOver grown
View Brad's Recording
Andrea Schechter
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 2, 2020
HikingMuddyOff trailOver grown
First to Review

The first part of the trail is easy to follow but at the upper elevation and the route makes a left at the intersection with a road you will find yourself bushwacking down the hill to complete the loop. Not well marked.

View Andrea's Recording
Tom Monaghan
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMarch 2, 2019
HikingMuddy
Ed Wilmot
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 26, 2020
View Ed's Recording
Ben McNeely
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 25, 2020
Bird Watching
View Ben's Recording
Don Ross
View Don's Recording
Crystal Myers
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 19, 2020
View Crystal's Recording
Shelby Steck
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJune 1, 2020
View Shelby's Recording
Jordan Corbett
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMay 25, 2020
View Jordan's Recording
Jordan Corbett
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMay 14, 2020
View Jordan's Recording
Tom Monaghan
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 24, 2020
Trey Cole
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMarch 29, 2020
View Trey's Recording
Tom Monaghan
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 1, 2020
Carter Vest
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 1, 2020
View Carter's Recording
Trey Cole
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMarch 2, 2019
View Trey's Recording